Thread: Scotty Moore

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Scotty Moore

Scotty Moore, the legendary guitarist for Elvis Presley who brought to prominence the role of the rock and roll guitar player, died a couple of days back at age 84. He also worked with pioneering rock/pop singer Roy Orbison and blues rockers Ten Years After.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/484043...man-dies-at-84

I was honestly shocked to see he was as old as he was. One always remembers guys like him and Elvis from back when they were in their prime. To put it all in perspective, 'the King' himself would be 81 were he still living. Sigh. We're all getting older, sadly.

May he rest in peace.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Scotty Moore

I did see this and if I'm remembering right a couple different actors played him in some Elvis biopics I've seen. RIP to Scotty.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Scotty Moore

In Memphis, the land of Elvis, there's a lot of grief for this man. RIP.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten