Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Lots going on with this this morning with one of the suspects now dead and the other still on the loose with a massive manhunt right now. They are reported to be brothers from Russia.
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 04-19-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Just unbelievable. So tragic. Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Well, it seems they've caught the remaining suspect. Just 19! Hopefully that's the end of it and there weren't others involved. I also hope there are no "copycats."

Fleetwood Mac played Boston last night; Stevie dedicated "Landslide" and "Don't Stop" to the people of Boston. My fellow FM fans in Boston were all moved. (Yes, they were there all day, holed up in their hotel.)

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with those affected.

Also, I ask our members to refrain from politicizing this tragedy and using profanity.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

yes..so glad they have the suspect in custody...hope he lives so the justice system can do it's work...

For those of us with connections to Boston this has been a very stressful week, to say the least. I lived there during my middle schoo and high school years, my brother is still in the area, Mom and Bruce bought a house out there last fall and I've got countless friends all over the great Boston area. I'm so gratefully blessed that nobody I know was directly impacted by the events of the last five days, although emotions will run high for days/weeks/months to come for all of us.

I cannot say enough about the remarkable efforts of all law enforcement personnel and first responders who jumped into action on Monday afternoon without a thought for their own safety, rather putting everyone else first. Boston is a strong, tight-knit community and the city and its people will endure and come back even stronger than before.

Special thanks also to one of my dearest friends on the South Shore who helped me maintain a degree of calm with her remarkable sense of timing and humor. We spoke every day during the ordeal and she helped me keep my perspective thru online contact. As she posted on her FB page lastnight: If you're gonna use a boat to escape, make sure it's in water, NOT Watertown.

Having lived and worked in Boston - and if you have never been there and are not familiar with the level of activity on a normal day - it was no easy fete to bring the city to a halt as they did yesterday. No foot traffic, no transit services, no private vehicles, no activity whatsoever...all unheard of in a metropolis that never sleeps! But you can be sure that there was an abundance of activity behind closed doors as the proud people determined they would NOT surrender to cowardly acts.

God Bless all of the athletes who are paying tribute to not only the victims but to all personnel who participated in the events of this week. My Bruins proudly wore Watertown Police caps during their warm-up, one of the local colleges will be wearing jerseys honoring the four slain victims and holding a special "marathon finish" prior to their game, and Fenway Park is rife with support not only for the Sox but more importantly for the entire Boston community. It's rumored that Neil Diamond is in the stadium and will lead a live version of "Sweet Caroline" during the 7th inning stretch. My heart swells with pride that my beloved city has risen above and prevails.

VIVA LA BOSTON!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for your thoughts, VOL. It's always good to get insight from those who these incidents hit closest home to whenever these kind of tragedies occur. It really puts a more human perspective on it for us, IMO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

After such atrocities it's good to hear the second suspect is under arrest. What a tragic situation. My thoughts to all those who have been affected,

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VOL, thanks for your thoughts on this tragic and horrible situation. Hopefully, they will get to the bottom of it and everyone involved is dealt with.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten