Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Default Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone here!

I've been a long-time lurker and have been on this site and forum many times as I am a big Eagles fan (especially Joe Walsh, who is my guitar hero) and I wanted to join and say hello. I don't if I will be active on here everyday but I wanted to say hello and I will check in from time to time.

A bit about me: I play guitar in a band called the Stone Eagles with some friends. The name comes from my two favorite bands (the Rolling Stones and, of course, the Eagles) and we play Classic rock music but more than half of our set is Eagles/Stones music and although we don't tour or play much, we do play off and on throughout the year when everyone has a free schedule. My guitar hero is Joe Walsh and I'm also a fan of Don Felder as well, but Joe Walsh is one of the biggest reasons I started playing after I heard all of his work in the James Gang, solo, and on Hotel California and The Long Run.

I'm very passionate about guitars and I have so far collected about 30 various guitars (ranging from Gibson Les Pauls to vintage 12-string Yamaha acoustics!). I am medically disabled with some pretty severe medical problems since birth which keeps me from having a full time job and so my day mainly consists of playing music and playing with my band on the weekends. I also repair computers from home or onsite, which I do as a part time type of thing and fix them for people and that sort of thing.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone - I really like this site and all of the information, pictures, and videos on here. I've always been a huge Eagles fan and after lurking here on the forums for a long time, I decide to join and say hello and say thanks to the creator of this great site (the best on the Eagles as far as I am concerned!).

Austin

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to The Border, Austin! Glad you finally decided to join! You'll find lots of friendly Eagle lovers to talk to here!

So, have you gotten to see them live yet?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes I have seen them live and it was one of THE greatest nights of my life. I was 8th row on September 25th, 2008 in Chicago at United Center on the right side. It was one of the long 3 hour concerts but it still wasn't long enough! I loved every minute of it!

It's good seeing everyone having a good time, and lightening up during Joe's set and seeing his many guitar changes he does! And they sound absolutely phenomenal live, even perhaps better now than they did in the 70s on the records! You can tell they really rehearse and work on the vocal parts. My personal favorite singer is Don Henley, but it happens I sing all of Glenn Frey's songs in my band instead of Henley's, and I like Frey's songs just as well, but as far as singer, Henley is my favorite.

It was great to see them live and I hope they come back soon. I wasn't able to go when they went to Soldier Field because I was in the hospital having tests (no fun but had to do it).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome Austin. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. If you've been lurking for a while, then you know that we love to talk about the Eagles. Hope you will join in, too. Good luck with your band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks!!!

Welcome Austin! Glad to have you! Thanks for the kind words about the site. Hopefully you'll like it here!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome Austin, hope you have a great time here!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Welcome from me too. Enjoy your time here on The Border!

Welcome Austin. I'm so pleased you've decided to join us! Your band sounds like loads of fun; it's too bad you don't get to play more often but hopefully in the future that'll change.

Yo Austin!

Thirty freakin' Guitars! I want to grow up to be like YOU! There is a topic over in the "Off Topic" area called "Gearheads" and I'd love to hear the details on ALL of those gits...what they are, why you got it, what your #1 is...how many times you've dropped it..WHATEVER!

People think I'M obsessive and I only have 4!

Oh, Welcome to the site.

MikeA