Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOBBYBOY

Troll

Default BOBBYBOY

Hi folks.. Bobbyboy from Toronto Canada.. Just thought I would drop by to speak to the upcoming Eagles/chicks/urban tour.
    For those looking to buy tickets prior to general sale tickets go on sale, I was given the presale password by the promoter ...live nation.
    If its a password you already are aware of , I guess this is a bit of a wasted posting, but if not the password gives you a great presale ticket opportunity. I got dead centre floors for opening night in Toronto...June 8 .
    I really don't understand this entire presale concept but I won't look a gifthorse in the mouth.. I just contacted live nation and they emailed it to me..
    Anyhow,not sure if the moderators want me posting the password or not so I will sit tight for a reply... Currently the password for the eagles presale has expired and the only way to buy them is by purchasing the presale chicks tickets on ticketmaster but its the same difference of course since its basically the same concert . I do have that password as well.
    Also I am working with live nation trying to figure out the configuration of this concert. I know there is some concern if you will be getting the full deal eagle concert. Normally of course its a full scale concert BUT being a chicks fan I can assure you that Natalie Maines is not going to be pushed around by Don.. The chicks are not some 2nd rate pre show band, and to think they are going to go out there like your normal 30 minute warm up band is NOT going to happen.. If they do what I think they will and demand nothing less than a 90 minute preshow,that might put a damper on a full scale Eagle performance.
    Lastly I will say the following.. Im a double winner here..Love the Eagles and the chicks.. Having seen the chicks live I can tell you they are a monster live act and will blow out their long list of hits... Prepare yourself...if you go to this concert there are going to be thousands upon thousands of chick fans there....This would not be the first time the main act band band, following a wicked warm up band ,and hearing the crowd response is thinking...Holy crap....... we better turn it up tonight following THAT act !!!!....Trust me..the chicks have the ability to do the same...Not a bad thing though.. We all need to be challenged from now and then... the eagles are no different and thats EXACTLY what Natalie and the girls will do!!
    Last edited by bobbyboy; 03-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: EAGLES TOUR

First of all, welcome, bobbyboy. Glad you found us here on The Border. It is fine to post passwords here for ticket sales. Actually, I'm always puzzled about why they even bother with passwords - it's not like they are secret.

As always, everyone on this board is entitled to respectfully express their opinion. However, that doesn’t mean that it won’t be challenged, so I guess I’ll be the first to do that. As far as the upcoming shows, I don’t think many of us here are expecting a full Eagles concert. However, with all due respect, I doubt seriously if it has anything to do with Natalie Maines. Glenn already said as much in the promotional interviews that the reason the Eagles wanted to play with other acts is because they didn’t want to do 3-hour shows this summer. I believe Irving Azoff, who put this tour together, is aware that his top client is the Eagles so I don’t think there is any danger that he will have them doing anything that they don’t approve of. I have said before that I appreciate the Dixie Chicks talent. But, to be honest, I don’t think they have the same clout as the Eagles. To be fair though, few artists do. Just the humble opinion of a hardcore Eagles fan.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
    BUT being a chicks fan I can assure you that Natalie Maines is not going to be pushed around by Don.. The chicks are not some 2nd rate pre show band, and to think they are going to go out there like your normal 30 minute warm up band is NOT going to happen..
    Welcome BB. I'm not even sure what your statement is supposed to mean. As Dreamer stated, Glenn has announced in interviews with Natalie Mains that the Eagles no longer want to do 3 hour shows. I'm sure the times have all been worked out without any animosity on anyone's part, and nobody is going to be "pushed around".

Having said that, I hope as an Eagle fan you enjoy yourself here. There is lots of info and some great pictures too!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Troll

At least in Toronto its only the Eagles and the chicks..No Urban until it crosses the border..Hopefully that gives us a more extensive concert. Also the start time in Toronto is 6opm which seems to me to indicate not as much a cutback show..My thinking is..chicks from 6:00pm-7:30pm....30 minute break and the Eagles from 8:00pm -11:00pm.
    As far as the chicks all I am trying to say is there might be many eagle fans going to this gig, that better prepare themselves for much more of a battle of the bands than they might expect..Because I live north of the border, I as most canadians was not over offended by Natalie's famous words..I understand of course many americans were..BUT...don't kid yourselves..If you don't think the chicks can round up thousands of US fans within US cities with populations of millions...well they can !!!.
    All Im saying is for those Eagle fans that think they are going to be at a show where the crowd is giving polite applause to the preshow band...forget..try 2 or 3 chick encores..
    Guys Im not trying to stir the pot..I love the Eagles but just don't understimate this chicks preshow. The chicks are a big stage act,their live concerts are over the top..If your a chick hater you might be in a pretty bad mood when the Eagles step on stage to..The long Run

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bplk4CLLdI[/ame]

Troll

Hope you folks are incorrect reguarding what you are indicating Frey said when he ran the LA interviews with Natalie. I know that he said no such thing in the Fox Boston interview, nor did he say such in the CTV Canada AM interview.. As Im sure you know they did several of them on the same day out of LA to several TV affiliates, but I have never heard him say anything reguarding a short set list in either of those 2 internet posted interviews. .If you can find a link to the interview where he states such please post it..Needless to say I hoping the comments you indicate that Frey stated doesn't exist, because Im hoping for the full blown show. Are you sure he wasn't just generalizing that some day down the road they are going to pull things back abit.
    Personally I don't think they will cut this show back ...We are not talking about a dinky Nokia Theatre Chicks /Eagles show here.. We are talking about 50,000 plus facilities on this tour on both sides of the boarder...The Eagles stepping onto what you folks might still know better as the Toronto Skydome(home on the Toronto Blue Jays,on a summer night,with the skydome roof in the open mode, and playing a short 90 minute gig in front of 55,000 fans...Thinking you are really wrong on this call.. At least I hope so..

Stuck on the Border

He said in a rather joking tone 'we can't play three hour shows any more'.
    I can no longer find the interview, which was with a Chicago TV station but here is the thread in which we discussed it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...?t=2329&page=3

This is the relevant site. There is a preview of the interview, which was on a news program, but I could not find the interview itself.

http://www.wgntv.com/news/deanslist/

We were unsure if he was joking or not, but I can assure you that he said those words.

The DCs will play for whatever their allotted time is. I don't really get this 'battle of the bands' thing you have come up with. I get the impression you think they will 'upstage' the Eagles. Let's wait and see, shall we? Nobody on this board objects to the DCs opening for the Eagles.

It's still on the WGN site, FP - it's the video that begins with the title "Oprah in Court / Corey Haim's Funeral." The part of the description that reads "Eagles" is cut off, so unless you know what you're looking for, it's difficult to find.

Bobby, welcome! I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid it's true that the Eagles set will not be the same length as it was during prior Long Road Out of Eden shows. However, it will probably only be a few songs shorter - you'll still get a substantive show.

And if you like the Eagles half as much as you love the Dixie Chicks, I imagine you'll have a great time regardless!

ETA: Glenn says they don't want to play for three hours anymore in the St. Louis interview, not the Chicago one.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks Soda. I've been looking everywhere for that!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Troll

Thanks for the update folks. Since Im attending opening night of this mini tour in Toronto on June 8, Ill be certain to post the setlist the next day. As Im sure most well know,ticketmaster will be releasing late tickets as they always do close to the concert dates in the US. I guess many will be surfing the net the next day trying to figure out the makeup of the show in an attempt to decide if its worth the hefty price or not.

Now on another matter, I would be lying if I was to say Im not in shock by the comment on how nobody on this board objects to the new love affair with the Eagles and the chicks.. I say this for the following reason.. If non americans are to believe what we hear, half the american population pretty much thinks the chicks are a piece of garbage since Natalie's famous remarks..However when the eagles choose to team up with this hatred band, not one eagles fan on this board is peed off?????.
    To me thats saying one of two things...Either this board does not in any way represent the feelings towards the chicks that we are told that a huge majority of americans do, OR the eagles can do no wrong with their fans on this board.
    Guys Ill be straight with you..I moderate my own forums boards and NO... Im not here to spam it..All I will say is that its a long time Shania Twain forums boards,and TRUST ME!!, I know all about blinders on loyal fans. Many on our board thinks shania can do no wrong and it drives me NUTS because she sure can do wrong and certainly has. (Might I say not performing in the olympic opening or closing ceremonies that her native land just recently hosted might be an example). Now some shania sites will ban a member for posting that she needs her butt kicked for not performing at them, while others like mine totally allows freedom of speech reguarding opinion about her. SOOO... having said that, to tell me that no Eagle fan on this site has an issue with them pretty much endorsing the chicks, makes NO sense to me at all..Personally I have a problem accepting that there not more than a few members here that are totally peed off with the involvement but choose to sit low for reasons only known to them..Either that, or the world has been misinformed reguarding america's attitude towards the chicks in general.
    I throw this thread out for alot of reasons, and yes 100 percent it is to test the board..not to cause trouble on it but to find out the pulse of the board..Yes I could spend days reading posts to figure it out but I don't need to..This post (that I would think has not broken a single rule as far as conduct), will tell me very quickly,that as an great longtime eagle fan,if its the type of board I wish to post on or not. Hopefully I can do so without being pounded on a personal level or banned......,especially when I have not come anywhere close to insulting a single person on the board nor the Eagles band itself

Bobby, how many threads on this board have you actually read?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten