Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1046

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I actually posted this in the "Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017" thread first, but since you guys were discussing it (Timothy's first marriage) here, I figured I'd post the links here too.

In this interview (http://timothybschmitfans.com/otr1101.html) Timothy says:

Yeah, well, during that 13 years, I spent a lot of time hoping and wishing that it would. I was really humbled during that time. My whole lifestyle changed. I started hustling, started, you know, I was singing for people I probably wouldn't normally sing for. I did it just because I didn't want to do anything other than the music. After the band broke up, I was going through a horrible divorce. I lost a lot of stuff. I lost houses. I lost my record deal after my first solo album. Things were just, like, not lookin’ that good, except for the fact that I was with-who is my wife now-I was just starting to be with her and she was...that was the great part of my life then; and we eventually had a child and then a second child.
    In a more recent interview(https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...solo-career/):

Next we wind the clock back to ’77 and Schmit’s thoughts on first becoming an Eagle.

He remembers meeting his current partner Jean around the same time and she put everything in perspective.

“My wife and I were just getting to know each other.

When I told her what I did, she was so unimpressed and I found that really attractive.

“She said, ‘I heard you’re joining the Eagles, are you sure about that?’ because she didn’t like them very much.

“But she’s very encouraging of my whole solo thing. She knows it’s part of my happiness. We’ve known each other a long time and we’re best friends.”
    So I'm guessing (and it really is just a guess) it was shortly after joining the Eagles that he and his first wife separated, and that he started seeing Jean around the same time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I have an acquaintance who lives in Costa Rica. They told me that Timothy's ex-wife resided there for a number of years before her passing in the early months of 2015.
    Quote Shun : He didn't know his first wife is dead.

Didn't his daughter keep in touch with her mother ? Sounds like it was a very messy divorce, loosing houses and a record deal. Wonder what the divorce had to do with the record deal.

Oops. I meant I didn't know his first wife was dead. I'm about to change that right now. I don't know how I miss that mistake.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

NKIT. I went back and changed the he to I. I didn't know I wrote he instead of I when I typed it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    NKIT. I went back and changed the he to I. I didn't know I wrote he instead of I when I typed it.
    That's ok Shun. Thank You so much for all the up dates. Like I said before, I don't have Sirius radio so I appreciate everyone's up dates. I wish I could hear Bob, I would love to hear what he had to say. JD must have been great too. Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    I actually posted this in the "Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017" thread first, but since you guys were discussing it (Timothy's first marriage) here, I figured I'd post the links here too.

In a more recent interview(https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...solo-career/):

So I'm guessing (and it really is just a guess) it was shortly after joining the Eagles that he and his first wife separated, and that he started seeing Jean around the same time.
    I have no idea, his wife Jean is a lovely lady and they seem like they have a great relationship.

Love your name ... I miss Mo and Robin Gibb alot, they were both so incredibly talented and left this world far too soon.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post

Thanks for posting this, FannyBeTender (one of my favorite Bee Gees songs btw). This helps clear things up. So funny that Jean wasn’t a fan of the Eagles at the time. Hopefully she’s changed her mind, lol.

And welcome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Sounds like it was a very messy divorce, loosing houses and a record deal. Wonder what the divorce had to do with the record deal.
    I don’t think the divorce was related to losing the record deal (I wonder if that was separate from his obligation to Electra). I think he was just talking about the struggles he was dealing with around the same time.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I have no idea, his wife Jean is a lovely lady and they seem like they have a great relationship.

Love your name ... I miss Mo and Robin Gibb alot, they were both so incredibly talented and left this world far too soon.
    I agree she is a lovely lady. They make a wonderful couple.

And the Bee Gees are my favorite band. I adore Maurice and Robin. Agree that they left this world far too soon.
    Last edited by FannyBeTender; 12-15-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Don't know if you guys saw this article before:

Conversations With Delta Lady Rita Coolidge, Poco’s Rusty Young And 10cc’s Kevin Godley, Plus A Deni Bonet Exclusive

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b02498834a8f26

Rusty Young mentions Timothy (and Randy) a few times:

RY: Yeah, the interesting thing is that of all the guys in the band, I’m the only one who hasn’t done solo records. When Jimmy Messina left the band [Poco], he did his stuff with Loggins & Messina and all his solo records. Randy Meisner, when he left, he did all his stuff with the Eagles—like “Take It To The Limit”—and then he did his solo stuff. Richie Furay, too, with all his solo stuff, and Paul Cotton, and Tim Schmit. All these guys have gone above and beyond Poco.
    MR: With that in mind, was your song “My Friend” a bit of a nod to all those friends?

RY: That’s exactly it. I wanted to write a song about these last years. I’m still friends with Richie, Tim and Jimmy. Richie and I still play together once in a while. Tim will pop up. I play shows with Messina once in a while, we’re all friends. I think about the days when we were all struggling in the late sixties and early seventies, barely making it, trying to put Poco together and finding the right people and the right chemistry. All that we’d been through all these years, if you think about it, everybody’s been so successful. All have succeeded. It’s so lucky. How many other bands have that fortune?
    MR: Do you feel that Poco, in its fifty-year existence, has been a training ground for artists to go on to huge acts like The Eagles or Loggins & Messina?

RY: It kind of has, hasn’t it? I just think there was probably too much talent for it to last. When Jimmy left and did his Loggins & Messina thing, he couldn’t have done that in Poco. It was just too big. Same thing with the Eagles, with Timothy B. and Randy Meisner. They are so talented. It was great for them to be able to do that and record their solo records. I think that at several points during our tenure, the guys in the band were just so talented, they had to move on. Listen, if the Eagles called you up and said, “Hey, you wanna come play?” I don’t think many people would’ve said, “No.”
    MR: I was introduced to Poco as a kid with your A Good Feelin’ To Know album. That was another one with a lot of potential hits. And it seems like many artists tried to cover that project’s “I Can See Everything.” I’m still waiting for that song to be a hit.

RY: [laughs] The funny thing is that was such a great Timothy B. song and when he did “I Can’t Tell You Why,” I’m thinking, “Why wasn’t ‘I Can See Everything’ a hit? He sang it so well and everything on it was really cool.”
    MR: You guys are like a 101 for many. “You wanna learn how to sing vocal harmonies? Go look at Poco.”

RY: Oh, thanks. I had a lot of great teachers. All those guys sang so well. Richie Furay and Tim Schmit... Randy Meisner’s one of my favorite singers of all time. I love his voice. Paul Cotton, of course, has that great, huge voice. I got to watch these guys put vocals together and harmonies, primarily Richie Furay. I learned from those guys. It’s really fun to do.

^ Lovely. Thanks so much!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you