Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Documentary Trailer and Previews

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

thanks va
    very intresting article...i am enjoying reading them all

Stuck on the Border

Whatever his real or perceived crimes, Frey at least has the good sense to say at one point, “I sang less and less. It was intentional, we had Don Henley.”

Something with which I never have agreed and will never agree. We all have our sore points. This is mine. Glenn is just as good a singer as Don & he always has been. For the life of me I fail to see what the 'good sense' is in that. It's very generous, of course. I repeat that I am glad some balance in lead vocals was restored with the LROOE album for which I am eternally grateful.

However if there is footage of Glenn singing Get You In The Mood I will look forward to that.

That last article states that Felder sang the lead vocal on Victim Of Love & it was wiped. Oops. I suppose yet again this goes back to Henley's superior vocal skills.
    Last edited by Freypower; 02-14-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Whatever his real or perceived crimes, Frey at least has the good sense to say at one point, “I sang less and less. It was intentional, we had Don Henley.”

Something with which I never have agreed and will never agree. We all have our sore points. This is mine. Glenn is just as good a singer as Don & he always has been. For the life of me I fail to see what the 'good sense' is in that. It's very generous, of course.

However if there is footage of Glenn singing Get You In The Mood I will look forward to that.

That last article states that Felder sang the lead vocal on Victim Of Love & it was wiped. Oops. I suppose yet again this goes back to Henley's superior vocal skills.
    here here I think you are right about the victom of love thing

my sister asked me what I was bringing for dessert tomorrow night...I told her I wasn't making anything...our dessert is on the TV screen!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I know, FP, that quote from Glenn broke my heart. As a teen and young adult, when there were conversations about the Eagles, all of my friends were Frey fans. Except for the guys, they were usually Henley fans. I remember having conversations over lunch about it, even parties when we'd play Live. I seriously don't remember a lot of people preferring Don over Glenn. Maybe because Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane weren't our lives or anything close to our lives. At the end of the 70's and into the 80's, on their later stuff, people back home and those I worked with here related better to the songs Glenn sang.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Glenn's songs are & always have been my favourites. Just once, just once, I would like to hear Don lavish the type of praise on Glenn's voice that Glenn constantly lavishes on his.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Glenn's songs are & always have been my favourites. Just once, just once, I would like to hear Don lavish the type of praise on Glenn's voice that Glenn constantly lavishes on his.
    He did a bit in the interviews he did in South Africa, but it will be interesting to hear what he has to say in the movie...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

That quote was a bit depressing. What's cool about this band is that everyone is a lead singer/can sing really well and everyone should sing and not be intimidated or feeling that that don't need to sing because of "insert member here" being a great singer.. And I personally prefer Glenn's voice on the "rocker" songs I like (AG, HT, OOC, JD, etc) compared to Don's voice.

Every review makes me more and more excited!!! Oh my gosh!!!!

But yeah, it sucks when Glenn underrates himself. Hope there's not too much of Glenn being down on himself in this doc....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    He did a bit in the interviews he did in South Africa, but it will be interesting to hear what he has to say in the movie...
    I would appreciate it if you could point me to one of those interviews.