Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qantas Arena, Sydney, AUS - 2 Mar. 2015

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Qantas Arena, Sydney, AUS - 2 Mar. 2015

Thanks for the review FP. I'm pleased to hear you liked Witchy Woman and Those Shoes - I thought both were fantastic, really highlights for me. I also don't like ending with Desperado. The end of the show is depressing enough... Looking forward to your next review! MC

p.s. for some reason I really enjoyed In The City, and I don't really even like that song. I guess it's the harmonies. You?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fp, thanks so much for your review! I know how overwhelming it can be and it's really hard to take it all in. Glad you had a good time and looking forward to the next one! Hope you have a better seat!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks for the review FP. I'm pleased to hear you liked Witchy Woman and Those Shoes - I thought both were fantastic, really highlights for me. I also don't like ending with Desperado. The end of the show is depressing enough... Looking forward to your next review! MC

p.s. for some reason I really enjoyed In The City, and I don't really even like that song. I guess it's the harmonies. You?
    ITC is not a favourite of mine, but I prefer it to TLR, which frankly I could do without.

I should have mentioned that Glenn did the intros without his guitar. This meant that he was able to dance around like James Brown after he was introduced. Perhaps he overdoes it, I don't know.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I should have mentioned that Glenn did the intros without his guitar. This meant that he was able to dance around like James Brown after he was introduced. Perhaps he overdoes it, I don't know.
    No mirror? At some shows, he's admiring himself in a hand-held mirror during his intro. Pure ham and why not?

Steph, Will has nice shoulder length hair & stubble. I got a look from him during BOML.
    Thanks for the info FP. I like him with shoulder length hair, and stubble is OK. It's a thick beard that I really don't like on him. It makes him look kinda scruffy, rather than his usual sexy casual, but well-groomed look.

Was the look you got one of his usual long stares? when I've been in the first few rows at a show & he's stared me right in the eyes, I've felt like he could read my mind...........I hope he couldn't though!

Have a good time at Wednesday's show. Tell us all about it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

ITC is not a favourite of mine, but I prefer it to TLR, which frankly I could do without.

I love the song live because it's a joy to watch Joe play the guitar on this song. Of all the songs where he really shines, this is the most underrated and tends to be forgotten about. His solo songs are always mentioned in conversation, and of course LITFL and HC get a lot of attention. ITC is a sweet reminder, and as he gets more into it, the audience usually appreciates it more and more. I like being in the audience and feeling the crowd get reminded of what talent this band has.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    No mirror? At some shows, he's admiring himself in a hand-held mirror during his intro. Pure ham and why not?
    I didn't notice, but now you mention it.... I will look again tonight.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    Thanks for the info FP. I like him with shoulder length hair, and stubble is OK. It's a thick beard that I really don't like on him. It makes him look kinda scruffy, rather than his usual sexy casual, but well-groomed look.

Was the look you got one of his usual long stares? when I've been in the first few rows at a show & he's stared me right in the eyes, I've felt like he could read my mind...........I hope he couldn't though!

Have a good time at Wednesday's show. Tell us all about it.
    It was rather like that, yes. Quite intense.

However tonight I will be over on the other side, and I may not see much of him. Friday night and next Wednesday however, when I am in the centre...

Glad it was a good concert FP.

---

It's funny, my dad's favorite Eagles song is In The City, and his least favorite Eagles song is The Long Run, so both from the same album.

Thanks for the review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten