Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 10/11/2014

Default Re: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 10/11/2014

What fantastic luck!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Sweet! Can't wait to hear more!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Once again it was a FANTASTIC show! The guys were in a very playful & jovial mood! And Glenn was in a signing mood. During one of Joe's songs, I believe RMW, Glenn got a pen from Joe's guitar tech and signed a young girl's TIE tshirt. She was NOT wearing it! Then when the guys were leaving the stage for the final time Glenn signed a couple more items for people . What a sweetheart!
    All the guys looked healthy & handsome! I am going to write down some more thoughts on the flight home & hopefully post them tonight. I want to get them down before the Houston show tomorrow night. It won't be the same without HH & VA ! I won't have HH beside me saying "Stop rocking!!"

I almost forgot the most exciting news ~ I won some of Joe' s guitar strings from the last concert - "Life's Been Good" at the VIP dinner!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Once again it was a FANTASTIC show! The guys were in a very playful & jovial mood! And Glenn was in a signing mood. During one of Joe's songs, I believe RMW, Glenn got a pen from Joe's guitar tech and signed a young girl's TIE tshirt. She was NOT wearing it! Then when the guys were leaving the stage for the final time Glenn signed a couple more items for people . What a sweetheart!
    All the guys looked healthy & handsome! I am going to write down some more thoughts on the flight home & hopefully post them tonight. I want to get them down before the Houston show tomorrow night. It won't be the same without HH & VA ! I won't have HH beside me saying "Stop rocking!!"

I almost forgot the most exciting news ~ I won some of Joe' s guitar strings from the last concert - "Life's Been Good" at the VIP dinner!
    OMG! Is Glenn sick? How long has it been since/if he has ever done this before? Wow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thrilled that you had such a wonderful time HB, and I'm delighted about the guitar strings too. They seem to drop their guard more and more as a leg of the tour goes on, What wonderful memories that girl will have.

Sounds like a wonderful show was seen by all too, and great that it was the full HOTE show.

Hope the PEW does not get too bad!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

My flight out isn't until much later and while walking around MGM, I stopped at the box office and asked if the Eagles were coming back any time soon. Her response? "We don't know yet."
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That to me reads as 'I'm not saying NO'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm hoping it meant they were still working on it. I told her to tell those she works for that I've been to Vegas three times, all three times to see the Eagles, and so they should talk them into coming back.

I only spoke to five people besides the bartender during that awful football game yesterday. Four of them flew in solely to see the Eagles. I don't want the guys to only play here but it's better than not playing at all!

As a side note as I wait at airport, this Sidney Crosby jersey attracts a lot of attention. Something about Vegas....I always get more comments on the hockey shirts than the Steelers shirts!
    VK

The VIP dinner was pretty good. It was unlimited open bar and I didn't notice anyone abusing that, except people like us who got bottled water to go. We met two brothers, one bought the other a ticket for his birthday. They seemed like fun people.

We missed seeing JD and the Straight Shots.

The show didn't start too late. 8:10ish I think. As GA mentioned, they always seem more loose later in a tour leg. Lots and lots of smiles, grins, and laughter. Glenn came out waving his arms, I have no idea why, and Don looked over, saw him and smiled his oh-so-cute grin. I knew then it was going to be a good night. At every show when they meet in the middle, Glenn says something we can't hear and it usually makes Don smile or laugh.

They were spot-on with their songs. As usual. I already mentioned DD/D Reprise and it's worth mentioning again, it was beautiful. Of all the performances of it I've seen and heard, it will always hold a special place in my heart and mind. 'Maybe tomorrow'. It still brings a tear to my eyes. Glenn said the Plaintiff joke and again it got a big laugh. Maybe HB will remember, but as he said the joke, Glenn said something about 'here in Vegas'. I think I remember they got married in Vegas? At any rate, this is one of the top five songs that people sing along to and the crowd definitely joined in.

As I mentioned, during the break, HH spoke to the security guy nearest her and sold him a sob story about me being by myself. By the time she was done working the poor man, he was all for letting me move up the row more towards center.

Once again, Joe lit the place up with ITC. As usual, it seemed to me that the crowd was marginally into the song at first, then got more into it as time went on. Once the singing stops and it's all mostly guitars, the crowd becomes more and more appreciative. They are ready for the move from country rock into rock and it hits them they are in for a treat that damn few bands can provide....both sides of the coin and both sides being amazing.

Don gave a nice talk before TLR. He mentioned about disco and punk and those who said the Eagles were done and no longer what people wanted to hear. Who's still here, and again said it was a miracle. He also said the reason they were there was due to us.
    VK