Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new kid in town from Belgrade

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: new kid in town from Belgrade

Goran, since you are new to the board, it may be helpful to set the facts straight here. Although Randy, at times, didn't want to perform Take It to the Limit, he didn't leave the Eagles because he lost his voice. As a matter of fact, he performed and recorded for quite a few years after he left the band. I'm not going to go into details surrounding Randy's departure from the band here in your welcome thread, but there is lots of information in other threads on the board, in many books and interviews about the band, and, most recently, in the History of th Eagles documentary film if you want to learn more about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Goran, since you are new to the board, it may be helpful to set the facts straight here. Although Randy, at times, didn't want to perform Take It to the Limit, he didn't leave the Eagles because he lost his voice. As a matter of fact, he performed and recorded for quite a few years after he left the band. I'm not going to go into details surrounding Randy's departure from the band here in your welcome thread, but there is lots of information in other threads on the board, in many books and interviews about the band, and, most recently, in the History of th Eagles documentary film if you want to learn more about it.
    i saw the documentary you are talking about in a house of a friend. no subtitles in serbian and it is hard for me to understand english spoken. sorry. we understood that he leaves because of he couldnt sing. thanks for your help Alwaysbeenadreamer. i'll read more about this matter here. i was mistaken. apologies.

i have watched the some videos sprinbo, there is one with Glenn singing ol'55 that is amazing. . thank you too.

Border Troubadour

Hi Goran, welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here myself so nice to get more newbies.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome from me too Goran - I see you are a Glenn fan too! What's your favourite of his albums?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

thank you Divinedon and Glennsallnighter. "No fun Aloud" and "Allnighter" are my favourite albums, I listened over and over when i was young. i can't choose between them because there are amazing songs in both.
    Living in the Darkness, Sexy Girl, the Allnighter, She can't let go, The One you love, I found somebody are my favourites... i was crazyness later with The Heat is on and Part of me, part of you. the quality of Glenn as songwriter and his good taste make clear that his contribution to the eagles have been more than significant.
    (despite the undeserved criticism he receives for his character). I always wonder why he doesn't write a book to close some mouths.

Goran, you should take a listen to On The Border if you want some Rock.
    It's excellent too if you haven't listened you'll be pleased.

Good Day In Hell, James Dean and Already Gone preferably.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border

Welcome Goran, and thanks for reminding me to look out "Living in Darkness". My copy of "The Allnighter" has "The Heat is On" instead. I assume mine's the UK release but it was pre-owned, so who knows.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 04-15-2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: jumbled sentence

"Living in Darkness" didn't make all the CD versions.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

i listened on the border DJ, Good Day in Hell" & Ol'55 are my favourites. underthewire thanks and enjoy listening again Livin in the darkness. my allnighter LP is a german copy I think. on the b-side is Living in the darkness and it is not "the heart is on". the american probably is different. thanyou for the info sodascauts. ill try to get it in ebay.

Attached Images Attached Images