Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

At the risk of sounding like a Scrooge, I really don't care what their reasons are for the ticket pricing, unless they just don't have much control over it (which is possible, given the TicketMaster monopoly). Even though I'm a lifelong fan, I can't see them play unless the ticket prices come down about 50%. I know people have to be paid, and tours are fiendishly expensive undertakings, especially when you don't have big corporate sponsorship like many artists do, but when other artists playing smaller venues manage to keep their tickets within reason...

It's just a bummer for me. I'll drag my little blue funk somewhere else now. LOL.

Is there any word on how well the tickets have sold so far? Maybe as time goes on they won’t sell well and they’ll drop the price like they did at the classic concerts. That would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a Scrooge, I really don't care what their reasons are for the ticket pricing, unless they just don't have much control over it (which is possible, given the TicketMaster monopoly). Even though I'm a lifelong fan, I can't see them play unless the ticket prices come down about 50%. I know people have to be paid, and tours are fiendishly expensive undertakings, especially when you don't have big corporate sponsorship like many artists do, but when other artists playing smaller venues manage to keep their tickets within reason...

It's just a bummer for me. I'll drag my little blue funk somewhere else now. LOL.
    Back to the future: July 22, 1976 Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ticket Price $7.50

Now you know why my BFF during these years darn near passed out when she saw Randy. She was jumping up and down yelling his name and started hyperventilating. I had to beg a fan for their paper bag shielding their bottle of beer LMAO. This pic was posted on Pinterest.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Oh my gosh, Dawn!!!! Thanks so much for that pic! What an awesome specimen of talent, kindness, respect, handsomeness, beautiful hair, etc... I could go on for days...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

What a knock-out. Hey Dawn, did your friend manage to catch Randy's attention?

You're so, so lucky to have seen them in their prime.

OT: is Austin around? I'm wondering if he has any thoughts about that gizmo on Randy's mic stand. The square metal thing. Maybe it was a prototype of something, made just for him.

Border Desperado

I agree that one of the reasons Don, Joe and Tim are touring is for the money. I don't think any of the band has denied this since HFO in 1994. I also agree that it is their job and we all expect to get paid for our work. I have never been able to understand why we are willing to pay such high ticket prices for entertainment and sporting events, but we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The Eagles HFO tour, playing outdoor stadiums with huge ticket prices, was a big factor in a surge of investment in concert arenas throughout the UK.
    Interesting, I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    After seeing the HFO show several times at various football stadiums around the UK, it was luxury to see it in a purpose built venue, with a roof over your head, controlled heating and lighting, practically door to door public transport, comfortable seats, easy access to toilet and refreshment facilities, pristine stage light and sound reproduction and backed by screens that were visible for the whole show, not just after dusk.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...d-3dbd583.html
    Thank you for bringing this up b/c I was going to touch on this. I believe the Eagles concert tickets are ridiculously high, but I’m not convinced they’re much different from what they were during the HOTE tour and beforehand. Inflation should be considered. New Kid in Town has said she paid $100 for her ticket to see the HFO tour. In today’s dollars that’s equivalent to $165.00. Tickets for next summer’s concert at AT&T Stadium in Dallas run from:

$99.50 for nosebleed seats
    $159.50 for seats on the lower level but at the opposite end zone from the stage
    $229.00 for lower to mid-level stadium seating closer to the stage
    $229.59 - $3750 for floor seats (the latter being front row center)

These are standard admission prices, not resales. What does this pay for?

Per Wiki, AT&T Stadium is less than 10 years old and has the world’s 24th largest HD video screen which hangs from the 20-yd line to the 20-yd line. There are more than 3000 Sony LCD displays throughout the stadium, from private boxes to the concession stand. This may not seem a big deal these days, but compared to what expensive seats in the past offered, this is an upgrade in video technology and its access. Not to mention sound systems and acoustics.

In addition to the Eagles performing with Grammy-winning platinum-selling Country star Vince Gill, there is an opening act—Chris Stapleton, a young, hot new artist who is also a Grammy-winning multi-platinum selling one. He released his latest album (Vol. 1 and 2) just this year (and it’s great!).

As I said, the ticket prices are ridiculously high but this is not new for the Eagles and hasn’t been for decades, and I don’t accept that it’s suddenly a novel reason to hate on the current line-up. I have no doubt throughout the latter-day tours many ticket-buyers thought this may be their last chance to see them. Even New Kid said as much for the HFO tour. I don’t buy that—that they’re taking advantage of hapless easily-manipulated ticket-buyers—as a valid reason to hate on them either. If it is, then they should been earning this scorn for many years now.

I’m not aware of anyone claiming the band is doing this for strictly non-monetary reasons.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    What a knock-out. Hey Dawn, did your friend manage to catch Randy's attention?

You're so, so lucky to have seen them in their prime.

OT: is Austin around? I'm wondering if he has any thoughts about that gizmo on Randy's mic stand. The square metal thing. Maybe it was a prototype of something, made just for him.
    Oh yes, Randy looked our way and smiled I am not sure who or what he was smiling at but it was probably her she was hard to miss.

I was mesmorized by Glenn Frey it was an absolute thrill watching him play and listening to him sing. I was not screaming his name though. At least not that I remember but alot of other girls sure were. Trust me, he was stone cold sexy gorgeous. And Randy sweet as cherry pie.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-19-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Yes, I am so blessed to have experienced the Eagles from the very beginning all the way through to the end HOTE.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Oh my gosh, Dawn!!!! Thanks so much for that pic! What an awesome specimen of talent, kindness, respect, handsomeness, beautiful hair, etc... I could go on for days...
    agree ETG .. Randy is indeed a rare one
    and thanks to Dawn for sharing the pic too