Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

IMO buying a HC deluxe edition and supporting the current lineup are two separate issues. When you buy it, as far as I know some of the money goes to the guys who are on the album and not people who aren't - like Vince Gill. And those who are on the album deserve to get paid for their great work - even though some of them are doing something you may not like at the moment. I don't like what they're doing now, but it wouldn't stop me from buying it if I cared for it. So go for it, Austin! I do understand, however, that your main point was that before this you wouldn't have hesitated at all.

Stuck on the Border

Chaim - Well said and I could not agree with you more.

I'm definitely putting this on my Christmas list!

I have the DVD-A and the tourbook, so theoretically, the $100 version isn't worth it for me.

But I will ask for the $100 version anyway, because I'm a completist - the exact fan this is aimed at -the fan who will buy the same album, repackaged, again and again and again, because there's just a couple things she doesn't have... in this case, the other stuff in the book.

And as a hardcore of both bands I have to agree with Phil that Fleetwood Mac's 40th anniversary reissues really put this one to shame. How I wish we could have gotten something like that for the Eagles!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I want to get the 100 dollar one. I love keychains, but I'm not paying 140.00 to get that with the t-shirt. I'm actually fine with getting the book, tour book, and posters. I hope they will sell the keychain separate down the road.

I probably going to buy it next year. I got so much going on for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-12-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Amazon are listing 2 versions of the 40th Anniversary remastered reissue of Hotel California. There is a single cd version and a deluxe 3 cd version! Release date is 24th November

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BWHMDP
    Thanks for the amazon link. I refuse to buy anything through "Wonderful Union" which, unless they've vastly improved, has a long history of botching orders. ("Wonderful Union" is what the official site uses for some reason. I have always felt the people behind "Wonderful Union" must have something on Azoff for him to tolerate their incompetence.)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I'm super excited about this, and am definitely getting the super duper deluxe version. Yahoo !!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I want to get the 100 dollar one. I love keychains, but I'm paying 140.00 to get that with the t-shirt. I'm actually fine with getting the book, tour book, and posters. I hope they will sell the keychain separate down the road.

I probably going to buy it next year. I got so much going on for the rest of the year.
    What are the chances the price will drop next year? I also want to get the 3-disc set. I already have the tour book which I bought from eBay (did the band re-print those or did they have a whole lot left in stock?) but I’d like the other extras too.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Good question Delilah. Did the price for the box set go down a year or so after it was released ? Too long ago for me to remember.

I don't think the prices went down after a while. I did on both Eagles and Don's website that they are not selling long deluxe extra stuff.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I don’t know about the Eagles box set. I do know that Amazon and other online retailers periodically reduce prices on these types of releases. I don’t think that ever happens on the Eagles’ own website though.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...