Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company/ Free

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Bad Company/ Free

I spent the past 20 minutes searching through this sub-forum for a thread on my all time favorite band, Bad Company, and I didn't find one, so I decided to create one. I also included the band,Free, because that band was the pre- Bad Company band for both Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke. Free is fighting with the Eagles for 3rd place on my favorites list, .

I love almost every thing that both bands did (even some of the Brian Howe era of Bad Co). I love Paul Rodgers' voice. Simon Kirke(the drummer for both bands) was the guy I really fell in "love" with. He released a solo album in 2011 that is really worth checking out called Filling the Void. A great album, imo.

Free were much more than just "All Right Now". While that song is great, they had even better songs: Wishing Well, Fire and Water, and the Stealer just to name a few. I give all 6 of their studio albums, at least a 4 star rating.

I made a list everything Bad Company last year (ranked the albums, favorite songs etc). Here's the link in case anyone is interested: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/motor...y______ranked/
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Default Re: Bad Company/ Free

My favorite Bad Company albums are Burnin' Sky and Rough Diamonds.

Don't know if there are other fans besides myself on here, but Bad Company are rumored to be working on a new album. If the rumor is true, it'll be the firsr Bad Company album with Paul Rodgers on vocals in over 33 years!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bad-c...are_mobile_top
    -Kim-

I hope that the the rumor is true. I'd like to hear a new Bad Company album.

I guess I forgot to mention that I like the album cover art and the back cover art for Bad Company's "Desolation Angels" (1979, with the white cover and the white cut-out spaces), to add an aside to the two albums I mentioned in my earlier post.

I like the songs and song sequencing on Rough Diamonds so much that I once thought it formulated a soundtrack album and a backdrop to my early twenties.

When I was still in high school, I thought that Burnin' Sky only had two weak songs--and that circumstance made the album into a somewhat concept album that could be played through and then played over again.

Out on the Border

I prefer Free to Bad Co, but they're both great. Paul Rodgers has the ultimate 'rock' voice, I think. I've seen Bad Co and Paul solo a few times, also with Queen.

I saw one PR solo show in London with Neal Schon on guitar that was magical. Neal Schon was obviously such a fan and they played _everything_.

He's obviously taken care of his voice, he still sounds fantastic.

Love Paul Rogers voice ! He looks mighty fine too !
    Saw Bad Co years ago, then saw him with the Queen + Paul Rogers tour .
    I will be seeing him again in May with Joe Walsh.
    I'm stoked !
    My 23 yr old son has only been to some Jazz fest concerts and a few at House of Blues .Hes a little bummed because he is recovering from a really bad ankle injury and two surgeries and no way can he do all that walking for jazz fest this year so we are going to the Bad Co and Joe Walsh concert.
    I love it that he digs my music as well as his own.
    I'm a little bummed about missing out on jazz fest as well, but gotta do a sit down gig and jazz fest is definitely not it !

Bad Company has released a new live album. It has 2 discs. Each disc contains a different show. One is from Houston in 1977 and the other is from London in 1979, with an additional live cover song, Hey Joe, from Washington DC in 1979. I bought a copy a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to listen to it, but from the reviews I've read, it's a pretty good live album. I'm so glad that they have finally released some of their 70s live material. Now if only some other band could do the same .

If anyone is interested, here's the Amazon link. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Company-Live-Concert-1977-1979/dp/B01CE00PRQ[/ame]
    -Kim-

I hear that, AG!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Bad Company have announced a short UK tour starting 15th October. No Joe Walsh.
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick-...ong-tour-2016/

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Bad Company is a band that I'm aware of, but I'm not familiar with their music. I'll give Burnin' Sky a listen today.