Thread: Academy of Country Music Awards

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Academy of Country Music Awards

I really like a lot of the country artists and watched this show last night. It was really a good show, set in Vegas.

As some of you probably have heard me say before, I'm not a big fan of the brass section in the Eagles concerts. No offense against any of them personally, I just don't think they should change things that aren't broken! Anyway, I noticed brass sections, 4 people in each, in Kenny Chesney's, Toby Keith's, and Brooks & Dunn's bands! I couldn't believe it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I love county music as well and really enjoyed the show! I was really excited to see Martina McBride perform, since I'll be seeing her later on this year. She was amazing! Carrie Underwood was very good as well........but I wanted Martina to win female vocalist

The moment with Tim McGraw's song and the dedication and audience reaction was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes!

I love Rascal Flatts........but whenever they sing on tv they almost always sound horrible! They messed up their own lyrics VERY badly as well!

I love Brad Paisley too........great guitarist! His songs crack me up too lol

I hope Reba sounds better with Don than she did with Kelly Clarkson Or maybe it's just that I'm so used to hearing Kelly sing that song on her own (and sound AMAZING!) that I just didn't want to hear Reba sing it. lol It makes me wonder though, if the song Reba/Don duet on will be a Don (or Eagles) song. If it's a Don song....I could see it being HOTM. If it's an Eagles song.......who knows. lol Desperado?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't care much for Reba's/Kelly's song together either. Just kind of a ho-hum moment. I haven't heard Kelly's version. I'll have to check it out. Reba on HOTM with Don would be very good, I agree.

I think my favorite moment was Taylor Swift singing Tim McGraw. To come out there on that stage with just a guitar and mike headset and perform before millions....at 17 years old....awesome! Definitely a talent we'll see more of. And singing it to the man himself towards the end.... I would have been horribly But she pulled it off with great poise.

I love Brad Paisely, too. He seems so genuine and down to earth and some of his songs are a hoot!

And I agree with Reba on Martina....that girl can just flat out sing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The Taylor moment was really cute. Not only singing in front of millions (including tv audience lol), but singing a song called "tim mcgraw" in front of Tim and Faith?! I'd have passed out! I never really cared for the song, but she impressed me last night!

I was reading an article on Martina somewhere and it blew me away to read that she's never had voice lessons, she doesn't even warm up most of the time before a show, and her voice gets stronger the longer she sings (that's why she puts her most difficult songs near the end of her set).

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Sadly I'm not able to see the CMA in Germany. But I think I didn't miss something important since Keith didn't appear this time.

lol No you didn't. He was nominated for male vocalist but lost out to Brad Paisley (I think )

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    lol No you didn't. He was nominated for male vocalist but lost out to Brad Paisley (I think )

Well, these things happen.