Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George Harrison

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    When you stare for a legit 5 minutes to make sure it's not George... there's a problem lol

But it very well could be him guesting on the record. They were all close and maybe still is
    LOL That reminds me of one of my fav George quotes where he was talking to Dhani and said "You look more like George Harrison than I do".
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

YES! lmfao

its scary dude... and I cant listen to him sing. nope. lol

I love that there is a George Harrison thread. Thanks, Dreamer, for starting it. I can't believe that this is the first time I see it.

I've been skimming through everyone's posts. My favourite Beatle has always been John Lennon, but I love the others too, and have a special place in my heart for George. I cried like a little baby when he passed away. It took me a while to process it, but I knew he was ill, so it didn't come as the shock that Glenn's passing did. Still, it was heart breaking.

George was a handsome man, insightful and extremely talented. I always found his songs more difficult to play on guitar than John and Paul's. The chord structures are amazing. I love his voice, and his wonderful Liverpudlian accent. He also had a great sense of humour.

George's birthday is in two days' time - 25 February. He would've been 73 this year. Love you, George. I hope you are jamming with Glenn in heaven now.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I totally agree with you about George!!! Sums up why he was my favorite Beatle too. I was only 15 when he passed and it hit me really hard too. It does feel similar with Glenn but I agree it's harder, since with George we knew he was sick. I too hope they're up there jamming and harmonizing together with the many others as well.

Did see too the channel MTV Live will be airing "George Fest", which happened at the end of 2014, on Saturday at 9 pm EST. The channel used to be called Palladia and if you have DirecTV like I do we're getting a free preview this week and weekend. I'm excited to watch as a lot of musicians including George's son Dhani and Brian Wilson performed. It's the first time it's aired on TV and the DVD's out on Friday.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I totally agree with you about George!!! Sums up why he was my favorite Beatle too. I was only 15 when he passed and it hit me really hard too. It does feel similar with Glenn but I agree it's harder, since with George we knew he was sick. I too hope they're up there jamming and harmonizing together with the many others as well.

Did see too the channel MTV Live will be airing "George Fest", which happened at the end of 2014, on Saturday at 9 pm EST. The channel used to be called Palladia and if you have DirecTV like I do we're getting a free preview this week and weekend. I'm excited to watch as a lot of musicians including George's son Dhani and Brian Wilson performed. It's the first time it's aired on TV and the DVD's out on Friday.
    Without getting off topic we did know Glenn was sick.

I had no idea Glenn was sick, so for me it was much more of a shock than when George passed.

But back to George I'm excited to watch this concert since I really didn't think I would since I normally don't get the channel. Think it's nice it's airing too around his birthday.
    ~*Amanda*~

I'm a huge Beatles fanatic. and George kinda stole my heart. He was the one who was quiet and people overlooked him but when he got on his own he was a brilliant musician in his own right.

The whole thing with Glenn? It's like we all knew he was sick but none of us expected him to leave us. It was like a punch in the heart for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey View Post
    I love that there is a George Harrison thread. Thanks, Dreamer, for starting it. I can't believe that this is the first time I see it.

I've been skimming through everyone's posts. My favourite Beatle has always been John Lennon, but I love the others too, and have a special place in my heart for George. I cried like a little baby when he passed away. It took me a while to process it, but I knew he was ill, so it didn't come as the shock that Glenn's passing did. Still, it was heart breaking.

George was a handsome man, insightful and extremely talented. I always found his songs more difficult to play on guitar than John and Paul's. The chord structures are amazing. I love his voice, and his wonderful Liverpudlian accent. He also had a great sense of humour.

George's birthday is in two days' time - 25 February. He would've been 73 this year. Love you, George. I hope you are jamming with Glenn in heaven now.
    You know when you're young and you really don't understand life? I was 5 when John was taken. and I watched all the footage from that just yesterday. Broke my heart.

SAR, I totally understand. I was 4 when John was taken. Two of my biggest heroes passed away before I knew who they were: Elvis in 1977 and John in 1980. They're leaving us one by one - it makes me very sad.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I was born 6 years after John passed so I never knew a time when he was alive. That always saddened me and made John so much more mysterious to me, same as Elvis. George was always my fav Beatle with Paul a close 2nd, but I really became a fan of John as a teenager. Of course always loved Ringo too. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~