Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George Harrison

Default Re: George Harrison

George will always be special to me not only is he my favorite Beatles but he was the one who introduced me to classic rock and inspired me to pick up the guitar at 5 I am 17 now. It was the Concert For George that captured my mind onto Rock and Roll

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

The Concert for George was amazing and I loved getting to see everyone honor him that way. It was also my first introduction to Dhani and I've been a fan of his music and band thenewno2 since around 2007/8. George always was my fav and I could relate so much to him being considered a "quiet one" too, and I always liked how spiritual his songs were too. Very excited to hear this newish song Clapton's releasing.

Also on a related note Dhani has news yesterday too that he's going to appear on Paul's son James McCartney's new album and I think it's the first time two Beatles' kids have collaborated before.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Saw some very interesting George news today that apparently he's going to be on Eric Clapton's new album out this May. My fellow George friends posted it today and Eric's crediting George's pen name L'Angelo Misterioso he used for backing vocals and guitar on this new song "I Will Be There". I didn't think this would happen again so that is going to be interesting hearing it.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...elo-mysterioso

George is still my favorite Beatle just like how Glenn was my fav of the Eagles. I still don't know why as I always have but I love both of them and their music very much.
    George is my favorite also. I read about that as I am also a huge Clapton fan. I cant wait to hear how it came about

Stuck on the Border

Eric has just denied this on his FB page.

There is no truth to the rumor that George Harrison plays or sings on the forthcoming album 'I Still Do".....

really? OMG. why do that? why do people say things about things they know nothing about? people. smh lol

go home billboard you're drunk... lol I believe the horse's mouth. a rather gorgeous horse I should say...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...elo-mysterioso

I just saw that too. It is odd though with the name which now has me thinking it's Dhani. He's been credited like that before with Jeff Lynne as they worked a Traveling Wilburys album and he's got his own Wilbury name too. The name is spelled slightly different than what George used to do but it is odd someone is credited like that for that song.

Dhani creeps me out to this day. Just as handsome as his father was. It wouldn't surprise me to hear it's him.

LOL I love Dhani and his band is really great. He also does scores now for TV shows and movies. It used to freak me out too how much he resembles George but now I really don't see it as much and see more of Olivia in him. Dhani has been guesting on a lot of other artists' albums and I can see how this easily could have confused the reporters and fans if this is the case.

When you stare for a legit 5 minutes to make sure it's not George... there's a problem lol

But it very well could be him guesting on the record. They were all close and maybe still is