Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Cars

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    I can't watch that interview either!!! Just makes me want to cry to see him in that condition too!!! I sure do love that man and I heard that Ric did drive him out of the group!!!! I know how much Ric loved/loves Ben and can hear it in his songs. You got that dvd just before Ben died? Wow!!!! I just wish I could've met Ben before he passed!!! He is my idol!!
    No, right after he died. It was released exactly 3 weeks after he passed away.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, for me the part 6 you posted was actually part 5 again, so I wanted to be sure everybody got to see part 6 because it's very moving. Here it is.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_2mV6t6Aw[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for correcting that, PM. I didn't realized I had done that.

I just came across this in my Photobucket account and thought I would post it here. I made it for Willie a couple of years ago.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That picture is super incredible Lou!!! I love it!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Wow! That picture is awesome! I recently discovered The Cars thanks to OLM13 and I love them too! Last week I was watching my favorite tv channel (Radio Capital TV, only music of the 60's, 70's and 80's) and I came across the official video of "Drive" ... I've heard that song for years but I didn't know it was sung by them! Then I decided to watch their last interview ... but I think I won't watch it again ... it's very sad to see Ben like that ...

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

I'm so glad you are getting into The Cars Cristina! They are one of my favvie bands. Lol trying to keep my Cars obsession underwraps didn't help! Lol! I LOVE BEN ORR! I love Double Trouble the best right now! Ben's vocals are like a dream! I wil post some pics when I get home from work.

Lovely Ben!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cricrichan View Post
    Wow! That picture is awesome! I recently discovered The Cars thanks to OLM13 and I love them too! Last week I was watching my favorite tv channel (Radio Capital TV, only music of the 60's, 70's and 80's) and I came across the official video of "Drive" ... I've heard that song for years but I didn't know it was sung by them! Then I decided to watch their last interview ... but I think I won't watch it again ... it's very sad to see Ben like that ...
    Glad to hear you've discovered them. They are an awesome band and have had so many hits. Most of the bigger hits were sang by Benjamin, and Drive being the biggest. A little info on that official video--- the woman in it is Ric Ocasek's wife. They met while doing the video-she was 19 and he was 35. They married in 1989 and are still married & have 2 sons. And the video was directed by Timothy Hutton, the actor.

I think many people don't realize that Benjamin sang many of the hits and just assume it was all Ric. I know of a couple members here that didn't know that till I brought it to their attention.

For the record, my favorite album is Heartbeat City. As for favorite songs, the top 5 (all Benjamin lead vocals) never waver but after that, I love them all.

Candy-O
    Stranger Eyes
    Drive
    It's Not The Night
    Moving In Stereo (the bass in this is awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    A little info on that official video--- the woman in it is Ric Ocasek's wife. They met while doing the video-she was 19 and he was 35. They married in 1989 and are still married & have 2 sons. And the video was directed by Timothy Hutton, the actor.
    Wow! What a nice story ... very romantic Thanks for the info, TBF

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)