Default Re: John Mayer

Thanks for the heads-up!

Can't you record it Dreamer?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

The show will maybe streamed on CMT Hopefully I'll have access from outside the USA.

Here's a little teaser, both performing Sweet Thing... awesome guitar playing, love it!

http://www.people.com/people/article...390827,00.html

That was very enjoyable, thanks!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: Good for a Laugh

I didn't think this was worthy of a new thread and didn't know where else to post it. This was as good as any.

John Mayer quit Twitter. Really not funny. Really didn't stir me at all. A little strange though as he had 3.5 million followers. Said he was hanging it up to go into the studio and work on an album and would keep fans updated via blog.

There was no sorrow expressed in the comments about the notice. Mostly: "Who Cares" type things.

MikeA

Default Re: Good for a Laugh

Considering the amount of tweeting he did, that's gonna open up a lot of time for him, I think!

A pity, though, in the sense that he's quite witty and it made a lot of fans feel connected to him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

A bit late...but I did see John in concert in August, and he was great. The warm-up band was Train, whom I thought I might like, and I did. The lead singer, Pat Monahan, is very charismatic, and they actually have more hits than I realized were theirs over the previous few years. And can I make this tie into an Eagles message board?? Why, of course! Towards the end of the show, John (joined by Pat) played an awesome version of Boys of Summer on a hot summer night--too cool!!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I hope I didn't come across all that negative about Mayer. I actually do sort of Like his music....but something about his vocals come up lacking for me personally. I quite simply cannot understand him. My ear doesn't align with his method of communication. I don't hear many others stating that so I presume it is a fault of MINE rather than his.

The kid CAN play guitar though! That I LIKE!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    A bit late...but I did see John in concert in August, and he was great. The warm-up band was Train, whom I thought I might like, and I did. The lead singer, Pat Monahan, is very charismatic, and they actually have more hits than I realized were theirs over the previous few years. And can I make this tie into an Eagles message board?? Why, of course! Towards the end of the show, John (joined by Pat) played an awesome version of Boys of Summer on a hot summer night--too cool!!
    That would have been a great concert, ev! I love some of Train's songs, too, especially Hey Soul Sister, Drops of Jupiter, and Calling All Angels. Btw, welcome back!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Train has an older song called "Meet Virginia" that I really like. Also their newest single. "If it's Love" is cool. That might have been the song where Pat left the stage and went around the entire amphitheater, singing and interacting with the crowd. It made for a very long, crowd-pleasing song! I would say that Train was probably the best opening band I've ever seen, and definitely had the biggest crowd response! And then when John came out-- well, he was practically in his own backyard playing in Jersey, and by his stage banter we could see he used that fact to his advantage! He talked about how he could tell he was finally in the NY/NJ area again--no one pulls any punches when they talk, they just lay it all out on the line. And then he would say something in a heavy New Yawk/Brooklyn accent, and crack us all up. I don't know if I can remember any specifics, but if so, I'll post later.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Oooh, Train! I love them! "Drops of Jupiter" is an absolutely amazing song.
    And Boys of Summer... what more could you want???

As I like Mayer too, I think it would have been a fun show to attend.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten