Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heart

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Heart

I love Heart. I first saw them in 2002, not expecting much, and they were awesome. It's a real rockin' show.

The Wilson sisters' memoir, Kicking and Dreaming, was very good too. Ann's bit at the end had me in tears, and I'm not a big crier. There's such a bond between those two.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Haha you are just trying to get me stirred up aren't you.

No camera nazis, "light" security, and no rules!

If you see any pics or vids of the audience at any show - everyone has their phones out and is taking pics, taking videos, posting updates, and whatnot. I think every artist should welcome that. I mean how much money are they going to lose on a smartphone-quality video?! They aren't going to say "well I saw it on a phone so I don't need to go". They are going to say "That looks soooo fun, I should have been there and will go next time".

I'm one of the most classic rock traditionalist there is but I fully embrace smartphones in concerts and posting to social media. I think both older artists and concertgoers have to accept it at some point. They don't have to love it or participate, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube are the future and most concertgoers are going to be posting things from the concert to those networks... I think people who have a problem with that are most likely fuddy duddy artists. And I'm an old soul but I still embrace that. I think it's great for exposure and fun to share with friends. I love the artists who encourage it too and have special hashtags for the tour, and not just accept it. I don't see anything wrong with social media. In fact, for an introvert like me - it's my main source of communication - right or wrong. I know real life is important, but it's tough for me.
    I agree with you 100% Austin!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

But there's also the issue of bothering other audience members. Someone next to me at a Graham Nash concert was recording it with her laptop (or one of those notebook thingies - I'm not technologically savvy) and the people behind us were getting ticked because of the light that the machine gave off and also she was blocking their view.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    But there's also the issue of bothering other audience members. Someone next to me at a Graham Nash concert was recording it with her laptop (or one of those notebook thingies - I'm not technologically savvy) and the people behind us were getting ticked because of the light that the machine gave off and also she was blocking their view.
    Of course...

I think one should be courteous when recording/pic taking/etc but I also figure I have a right to be there as much as they do, and I'm not about to let someone in the audience dictate to me what I can and cannot do. I go out of my way to make sure I'm as least bothersome as possible. But I'm there to have fun, and half that fun is taking pics. I think it's also fine to text during a concert, if that's what you want to do.

Me, I'm a photographer at heart so I have no problem taking 200 or so pics at a show. I turn flash OFF and screen brightness to as low as I can stand it, to again, be mindful of those around me. I'm also really tall, so I stand for my 3 or so favorites and sit for the bulk of the show and take pics during standing if I'm in a row other than front row.

But the bottom line is - people are going to have to get over the fact of smartphones. Laptops and tablets is ridiculous but we are in a social media age and texting and taking pics and posting to various networks is just part of it.

The part that bothers me is those who think "if they take pics they'll miss the show". That's for them to worry about. If they want to stare at the floor all night taking pictures of their shoes, that's their right.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Of course we need to be respectful of those around us and I think most are.

I think tablets are too much though, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Has anyone seen the Rock Icons episode on Ann that VH-1 has been airing the last few weekends? It's very good, containing some new interviews with Ann, Nancy, collaborator Sue Ennis as well as some groovy vintage concert footage and home movies.

Stick around through the end credits, it showcases the gals' off-the-wall humor.

I'm really sorry to read that the strong bond between the Wilson sisters has been damaged by Ann's husband and that Heart is "on hiatus" after a difficult short tour. Ann's husband has been charged with roughing up Nancy's 16-year old twin boys.

Here's hoping that all will be healed within the family.

http://johnbeaudin.com/music/big-tro...g-nancys-kids/

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Has anyone seen the Rock Icons episode on Ann that VH-1 has been airing the last few weekends? It's very good, containing some new interviews with Ann, Nancy, collaborator Sue Ennis as well as some groovy vintage concert footage and home movies.

Stick around through the end credits, it showcases the gals' off-the-wall humor.
    No, I haven't. Thanks for the heads up!

Out on the Border

anything without roger fisher is not heart in my view. Firing him was probably one of the worst decisions ever made in rock history.