Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith

Default Re: Aerosmith

We watched it out of curiosity. We were out at the Buffalo Chip the night of the show when Steven Tyler fell off the stage and Rich & I are in agreement (to some extent) that it was almost expected. Tyler looked unsteady on his feet from the moment they hit the stage. There has been a tremendous amount of dissention among the band ever since (although there were rumblings even before that). But I lost some respect for Lara Logan as a result of how she handled the whole interview.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Yeah I definitely thought that about the interviewer as well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Gonna have to see if I can find this online somewhere. Sorry I missed it but then again, maybe not the way it sounds.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Gosh, those guys still look great!!!!

I really didn't see nothing there that I didn't expect. Anyone who has read Steven's book knows that he admits freely that he thinks he's the reason the band was a success and how much inner turmoil there is and always has been in the band. He also admits that it's a love/hate relationship and admits that he was absolutely ruthless to Joey Kramer for years with torment. Can't blame Joey for still feeling resentment. I'm kinda surprised that Steven said that he was hurt by the whole jaw thing and I'd be willing to wager a bet that when Joe said that, it was more or less a joke but that both of them, at one time or another, have probably came close to blows. What do you expect, every rock band that's been around for decades, have had their moments, as we well know that our band here is no exception.

Shallow note here, but those clothes Joe & Steven were wearing at the end were fabulous!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Gosh, those guys still look great!!!!

I really didn't see nothing there that I didn't expect. Anyone who has read Steven's book knows that he admits freely that he thinks he's the reason the band was a success and how much inner turmoil there is and always has been in the band. He also admits that it's a love/hate relationship and admits that he was absolutely ruthless to Joey Kramer for years with torment. Can't blame Joey for still feeling resentment. I'm kinda surprised that Steven said that he was hurt by the whole jaw thing and I'd be willing to wager a bet that when Joe said that, it was more or less a joke but that both of them, at one time or another, have probably came close to blows. What do you expect, every rock band that's been around for decades, have had their moments, as we well know that our band here is no exception.

Shallow note here, but those clothes Joe & Steven were wearing at the end were fabulous!!!!
    I always have to laugh at people who make such a big deal about band in-fighting. Of course they fight! Wouldn't you if you lived on the road with your co-workers, 24/7, for weeks or months on end? I'm sure they don't fight all the time. They couldn't have stayed together if they did, but no one wants to hear about happiness. It doesn't sell books.

I once ran into Steven and Joe hanging out together at a Massachusetts renaissance fair. They seemed to be having a good time then.

(That's my "moment with the famous" story, btw. I was in line for coffee in front of Joe Perry and accidently bumped his elbow as I turned around to leave. I was too shy to do anything but smile and say "Excuse me," but I gushed about that for weeks!)

It wasn't so much I was surprised by the interview as I knew Aerosmith had always had troubles with band members but Perry's jaw comment shocked me and I was really surprised by that and that is what I was the most shocked by. It just seemed that the tension was stronger than I had imagined it would be, the interviewer handling it poorly, and the jaw comment is what made me go "Wow". I didn't see it as not being serious, but I can have a hard time telling that sometimes if it's more subtle. I realize Tyler/Perry's partnership is strained and full of turmoil at times (read 'Walk This Way') but I just figured the interview would be a bit more relaxed and, well, not so uptight.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Austin, I don't remember, did you ever read Steven's book? I think you'd like it. BTW---recently read that Joe Perry is writing an autobiography that's due out end of 2012 or early 2013.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I read it and it was very enlightening. They certainly had their ups and downs to say the least.

It would be nice to hear Joe's side of the story.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Originally Posted by WingedEagle:

I always have to laugh at people who make such a big deal about band in-fighting. Of course they fight! Wouldn't you if you lived on the road with your co-workers, 24/7, for weeks or months on end? I'm sure they don't fight all the time. They couldn't have stayed together if they did, but no one wants to hear about happiness. It doesn't sell books.
    Great observation, WE, and may have a lot to do with why our guys have settled into the touring routine we've seen in recent years -- too much togetherness isn't always a good thing!

Note: I haven't gone back to watch the interview again yet, but I don't recall seeing the entire band sitting down ALL together at any point during the process. Unless I missed something (and I will go back and watch again), that's rather odd.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love