Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Out on the Border

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

Wish they'd get rid of the session players and just bring the other original guys back. Chinese democracy isn't a real gnr album, either, to me. One original me,berserk does not equal the band

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    Wish they'd get rid of the session players and just bring the other original guys back. Chinese democracy isn't a real gnr album, either, to me. One original me,berserk does not equal the band
    Nope. Frank Ferrar and Richard Fortus have been in the band for 14 and 10 years. Slash and Duff have no problem playing Chinese Democracy songs. It is a guns n roses album.

you should read this.
    http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Also the original lineup is Axl,Izzy,Tracii Guns Ole bech and Rob Gardner.

Steven can not ever do a full tour and he is a liability.

Also Dizzy Reed has been in the band since 1990.

Guns N roses decides who Guns N Roses is not the fans.

Slash and Duff left the band as a power play. Axl said himself that if he did make solo album it would not have been like Chinese.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Nope. Frank Ferrar and Richard Fortus have been in the band for 14 and 10 years. Slash and Duff have no problem playing Chinese Democracy songs. It is a guns n roses album.

you should read this.
    http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Also the original lineup is Axl,Izzy,Tracii Guns Ole bech and Rob Gardner.

Steven can not ever do a full tour and he is a liability.

Also Dizzy Reed has been in the band since 1990.

Guns N roses decides who Guns N Roses is not the fans.

Slash and Duff left the band as a power play. Axl said himself that if he did make solo album it would not have been like Chinese.
    I disagree man.

Those guys are good, but they were never in the same band that broke out on the scene. It's more like Axl's assembled band ya know? The amount of time someone spent playing with someone doesn't matter, it's what they've done. There's no way you can tell me guys like Richard, Frank, Melissa, Dizzy, etc are on the same level of importance as Slash and Duff... and Slash and Duff leaving isn't like a dig on their character, they did it cause they felt it was the right thing to do. It all worked out now, so it's all good.

I think Steven has showed he can do a tour with the shows he guested on, and if they paid Izzy it seems he would have done it too. Guns N Roses was always really those 5 dudes, and to a lesser extent, Matt. Those are the guys who made AfD through UYI which is what most people love.

As I said, they are back together now so it's all good. I caught them 3 times this tour and they were very good. Sounded as good as the shows I saw in the early 90s. Slash's playing is just off the chart right now.

Stuck on the Border

Border Desperado

What's like 5 million to Azoff? Like $2 to the rest of us common folk?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    What's like 5 million to Azoff? Like $2 to the rest of us common folk?
    What's funnier is that this is in response to a lawsuit that Azoff brought against Rose for $2 million.

Border Desperado

I know! The irony of it all.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    ....The amount of time someone spent playing with someone doesn't matter, it's what they've done....
    This is interesting, because Randy (who has recorded more Eagles music) and Timothy (who has been with the band for ages) came to mind.