Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

As I've been running errands this morning, I've been remembering the trip to LA last year at this time. I had an amazing time. We laughed, cried, visited old EAGLES' haunts, reminisced about all our EAGLES adventures and of course, we toasted & celebrated Glenn's life. It was such a healing trip for me.
    I will always cherish those memories made with Brooke, PLS, GA, Dreamer & Soda. Love you guys!!

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

What a wonderful time, such a precious time to me. I'm so glad we took that trip.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, so much fun and I loved meeting all of you!

Facebook has been helping me reminisce, if you are my friend there, I'm posting some of the pictures. Loved every minute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Any chance we could plan another one? I'm up for it!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I'm open to it too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Cool Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Well, if people from this forum are interested and willing to travel to southern California, I suppose I'd be willing to put together a tour of locations that would have significant meaning to fans and students of The Eagles.

This would include a wide variety of venues played in at significant points of Eagles history (The Troubador, The Whiskey, et. al.), places where the band hung out (Formosa Cafe, Barney's Beanery, Al's Bar, The Tiki Room, etc. etc.).

Maybe stop by Studio Instrument Rentals, maybe go over to Irving's office and get a few words from the man himself. And if enough people are interested, we could make a little pilgrimage out to Joshua Tree, where I still have a house, and talk to some of the same people who were around when Frey and Henley were passing through. And maybe you could spend some time with Evie Babbitz, who was a central figure in the Art/Music/Full Throttle scene that the Eagles got so tuned into.

If done correctly, it would take maybe a year of planning and preparing for something like this. I have no idea what kind of costs would be involved, or what people would really like to see, but I'd be willing to put some time and money and energy in this sort of project…

If others on the forum might be interested in developing a concept like this, I'd enjoy hearing from them...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Well, if people from this forum are interested and willing to travel to southern California, I suppose I'd be willing to put together a tour of locations that would have significant meaning to fans and students of The Eagles.

This would include a wide variety of venues played in at significant points of Eagles history (The Troubador, The Whiskey, et. al.), places where the band hung out (Formosa Cafe, Barney's Beanery, Al's Bar, The Tiki Room, etc. etc.).

Maybe stop by Studio Instrument Rentals, maybe go over to Irving's office and get a few words from the man himself. And if enough people are interested, we could make a little pilgrimage out to Joshua Tree, where I still have a house, and talk to some of the same people who were around when Frey and Henley were passing through. And maybe you could spend some time with Evie Babbitz, who was a central figure in the Art/Music/Full Throttle scene that the Eagles got so tuned into.

If done correctly, it would take maybe a year of planning and preparing for something like this. I have no idea what kind of costs would be involved, or what people would really like to see, but I'd be willing to put some time and money and energy in this sort of project…

If others on the forum might be interested in developing a concept like this, I'd enjoy hearing from them...
    I would love to be in on this ! Sounds awesome. TY .