Thread: Styx

Default Styx

I just watched a special on VH1 Classic called Styx: The Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight...really good...I guess there's a DVD of it...might have to buy it...always loved them!...but got really sick of Dennis DeYoung...and he's not in this!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Styx

Don't get me started!!!

Like I told you on FB---GET IT!!! You will not be disappointed. And if you ever get a chance to see them in concert, DO IT!!!! They are worth every penny and then some!!! I guarantee it.

I'll get back to this thread later with some goodies!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Styx, Tommy and Lawrence. Have stories about stalking Tommy when I was in my early and mid teens in one of the local bowling alleys here. He just bought another house a few miles from here. Really a nice guy.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Here's a little story from the other night. An online friend was at their concert and had 4th row tickets but Styx is one of those bands that doesn't care if you come to the stage and, in fact, encourages it by letting the fans strum their guitars and throwing out all kinds of picks and goodies into the audience, etc.... This friend went up to the stage several times, only to be told to go back to her seat by a, as she put it, "Nazi security lady". The 3rd time, she was actually told she was going to get thrown out if she didn't stay in her seat. She hung around after the show talking to some other hardcore fans,when a different security guy came up to her and introduced himself as head of security, told her how sorry he was that she'd been treated like that. Apparently Tommy had seen what had happened and had someone track down one of the heads of security to apologize to her. He recognized her as a regular at many of their concerts and was upset she had been treated that way. The head of security explained that "Nazi security lady" was new and rather to ambitious in her security measures. Now that is a group that appreciates their fans and aims to keep them happy and coming back.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Here's a little story from the other night. An online friend was at their concert and had 4th row tickets but Styx is one of those bands that doesn't care if you come to the stage and, in fact, encourages it by letting the fans strum their guitars and throwing out all kinds of picks and goodies into the audience, etc.... This friend went up to the stage several times, only to be told to go back to her seat by a, as she put it, "Nazi security lady". The 3rd time, she was actually told she was going to get thrown out if she didn't stay in her seat. She hung around after the show talking to some other hardcore fans,when a different security guy came up to her and introduced himself as head of security, told her how sorry he was that she'd been treated like that. Apparently Tommy had seen what had happened and had someone track down one of the heads of security to apologize to her. He recognized her as a regular at many of their concerts and was upset she had been treated that way. The head of security explained that "Nazi security lady" was new and rather to ambitious in her security measures. Now that is a group that appreciates their fans and aims to keep them happy and coming back.
    I'm not a Styx fan but that gives me a lot of respect for them.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool story, TBF! Good for them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Awesome story!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten