Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about the Timothy drought.

Out on the Border

Unhappy A question about the Timothy drought.

Hi, I'm new here and thanks so much for this website. I'm not one to post a lot on any sites, so I joined up to get some info. Seems that this is the best place.Can anyone please tell me why Timothy's website and Facebook page are little more than billboards for Eagles concerts and why he never tweets or posts? I read that he has a blog but I just can't find it. Surely he knows his fans can't get enough of him? I understand that he must be a very private person but this is ridiculous. In Australia we can't even get access to his Friday Night video. If it wasn't for all the stuff his fans put on the web and the odd interview there would be practically nothing. I see it as the only possible explanation as to why his solo albums weren't huge! I know he promoted them but a few personal posts every week would be awesome. I keep going to his website, Twitter and Fb page and all I'm getting is the sound of crickets. I would really appreciate it if anyone knows why he is so elusive. It's almost like he hasn't got a clue about just how popular he is. There's been nothing for ages.
    I love the Eagles music and adore Poco but I've been a fan who's followed him closely since the mid 70's and it's his freaky talent that drew me to both bands. He's obviously Gods greatest human masterpiece in the looks department, but it's his soul melting voice, musicianship and songwriting that really blows my hair back. He also has the classiest and most laid back stage presence I've ever seen, but his obvious lack of ego is creating a long drought for some of us fans. We need more contact. Come on Timothy!! FEED THE FIRE!! Again, thanks for this website. v

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: A question about the Timothy drought.

Welcome, TA! There are certainly many of us around here who agree with you on all counts.

My take is that TBS has absolutely zero interest in participating in social media in any way, shape or form and only posts when prompted by the corporate powers that be. I think he established his twitter account to coincide with his tour supporting Expando (I could check on this but I'm too lazy right now). I wouldn't be surprised if as part of his deal with the tour promoters/record label/whatever, he was required to make a certain number of posts in support of the tour. I hold out no hope whatsoever that Tim will ever become active on social media.

If I recall correctly, I was able to put the Friday Night video into a dropbox account and link to it for one of our international friends on here, and it worked..SS or Irga or someone??? Let me see what I can do...

edit: It was Secret Sqirrell. TA, check your private messages.

I feel your pain. Your comments on his talents, looks and demeanor are right on target. I agree he may have no idea of how popular he is with the fans. This site has great links to video and audio clips which I am sure will help fill the void. I think he is modest, gentle, appreciative of his fans and a very private person whose focus and enjoyment is his music rather than the tasks necessary to promote commercial success (although he does smile more in the clips of his solo performances). His song lyrics seem heartfelt. I hope after this long tour he will have more time and there will be more tweets (and music!) from Timothy. I hope you get to meet him during the Australia tour. Enjoy the concerts !!!!

Out on the Border

Well thank you so very much for the link to the Friday Night video!!! I'm watching it over and over. It's been a very long wait. Not sure why we are excluded down here but it gets annoying. I could watch Timothy all day long and I pretty much listen to him all day long. Drives my hubby nuts.. Every now and then I find a hidden treasure of Timothy on the net, but they are getting few and far between. I found some old school photos of him on the parallel bars recently and I wasn't sure if you guys had seen them or not, and I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post them. They're pretty amazing. I found them on some random Asian website. I'm not going to the concert this time. We have been before but we are looking like having to sell our own home as work has dried right up where we are. I think I'll be thoroughly ill while the Eagles are in Australia. I feel sick just thinking about missing out on seeing his magnificence. Who knows if he'll ever come back to Oz. Hopefully there will be some photos and interviews with Timothy for me to see. He's such a darling in interviews and is a really decent human being. Surviving the industry with his marriage still healthy and in tact...well it takes a real man who has his head screwed on right. He's the most underrated and under acknowledged artist in history. I do wish the Eagles would give him a bigger role on stage though. They play enough of their own solo stuff. Tim's history is amazing. 50 years plus in the biz. Incredible! Just love him!

I've read a lot of your posts and you guys are such a nice bunch. I can see why you are all so drawn to the peaceful one.

Welcome TA and thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments. I doubt you'll get any arguments here that TBS is both underrated AND elusive. Those of us who favor him are always on the hunt for news, photos and updates regarding anything to do with him. The pictures on the parallel bars are from his high school days and are here somewhere, probably in the Schmit Sexiness thread, but as you spend time with us you'll see that pictures often 'reappear' -and that's okay because we never tire of looking, no matter how many times we've seen them!.

So sorry you won't be seeing the HOTE shows while they're over in Oz. It's truly amazing, just like every other tour they've ever done. Hopefully during this break we'll learn that Timothy is working on a new solo album since he has eluded in a few interviews that he's working on new material.

Welcome again.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Heey welcome ta

Welcome to the board TA - we always welcome more Timothy fans into our ranks!

Out on the Border

I am also new on here and love, absolutely love Timothy!!!!! Wish there was some way to get more info about him.......he is one of the sexiest men I've ever seen in my life.....and I keep wanting to see and hear more!

right place to be then japarris, welcome and enjoy

Welcome to the Boarder japarris!