Thread: RIP Chester Bennington

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default RIP Chester Bennington

I know most probably don't listen to Linkin Park here but I really got into them in my teen years in the early 2000s and loved their songs. They helped me through such a rough time and makes me so sad that Chester committed suicide this morning. It's so similar to how Chris Cornell died earlier this year and I knew they were close, and Chris' music too helped me get through that time. It's so sad and Chester was only 41, and I can't imagine what his family, friends, and bandmates are going through. Just hope this raises more awareness for those that are struggling and knowing so many of us do care about them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Chester Bennington

No, that's awful. Too, too sad. R.I.P.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've saw some more articles too and today would've been Chris' birthday and it sounds like after Chris died Chester hadn't been the same. Chester too struggled with depression, as well as being an abuse victim, and his friendship with Chris helped him with a lot of it. It's just so sad. But does amaze me at the same time too how many of us Linkin Park fans all were drawn to their music, as well as Chris' band Audioslave, at the same time and had various bad experiences as teens but their lyrics gave us hope and that they understood it too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

It's sad when anyone's life is cut short but doubly upsetting when it's a suicide. You just wish so much that they could have gotten help so that they could have been pulled back from the edge. It breaks my heart.

RIP.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

RIP..

Stuck on the Border

It was so sad to hear this. 41 is way too young to die. RIP
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 07-22-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Horrible. I've always been a fan of Linkin Park. A huge blow, along with Chris Cornell. RIP, Good Sir.