Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Out on the Border

Default Thank you

Not sure if this the right place but its the best place I can find. I just wanted to say thank you to the Eagles for bringing their history of the Eagles tour to Little Rock. A lot of singers and bands misjudge our ability to get a crowd together. I hope the packed house proved we could. The performance was awesome. I'm sure its just another night in another town that blends in with all the others, but I hope in the moment you knew how much you were loved by the people there. With my knees and my back (as they are) making it a bit more of a struggle for me to make it to my seat, I'm sure it hasn't come without some struggle to put on a quality performance like you did, for guy who, well, lets just say, have been around for a while. I still can't figure out how Don Henley can play the drums and sing at the same time. I would never be able to get 4 limb coordination going, much less to add vocals to it! Its obvious that you have a driven passion for music and when which ever one of you mentioned you were still around, even when music had moved on to disco, I had been thinking before the show how there is a timelessness to your music that stands the test of great bands and great music. Anyways, just wanted to share that your commitment to quality in your music and your willingness to stop by our little watering hole was greatly appreciated.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Thank you

Awww, that's so sweet! Welcome to The Border, tmmygrrsn! I seriously doubt that any in the band read this board, but hopefully they have people who look for feedback and can return your words to them. I'm so glad you feel the way you do, and I know exactly how you feel.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It's a pleasure to welcome you! I'm new to the Board myself.

This thank you post is so wonderful, just lovely, and I'm sure it reflects how all of us who have been fortunate enough to attend one of their concerts in the smaller venues have felt. I also saw them in Little Rock, and felt the love!Thanks to you for putting it into words and sharing! Very nice!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

tmmy, what wonderful words for the guys and I know a lot of people feel the same way!

I hope they at least hear about what you've taken the time to tell them!

And welcome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I echo what everyone else has said. I'm sure that it makes the guys feel great knowing that they've pleased their (us) fans as well as they have.

And Welcome as well!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

tmmy, I think I can safely say that your post pretty much sums up how we all feel about the greatest American band. I'm sitting here thinking about the fact that they're into the home stretch in Bossier City tonight, am SO grateful I've been blessed to see them many times thru the years, and feel melancholy about the unknown...whether they will ever tour again. It's bittersweet for all of us. Thank you for your warm comments and I hope somewhere in their organization they have someone lurking here in the background who will see your words and pass them along.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me as well. Glad you found us and thanks for your heartfelt post. This is a board full of Eagles fans, so most of us can relate very well to how you feel. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, TG !!

Welcome to the Border tmmygrrsn!! I sure hope somehow this sentiment gets back to the guys...you never know...and yeah it's always amazed me how he can play drums and sing at the same time...lol...he's amazing...

and Welcome also to LuvTim...

Welcome.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."