Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy 70th birthday Glenn

Default Happy 70th birthday Glenn

I'm just going to report what I put on Glenn Frey Online:

Today would have been Glenn's 70th birthday. It's hard to wrap one's head around that.

70 is the age that, to me at least, is when a person officially hits the "old" category.

They may not act old or feel old. The headspace is certainly more important that any number. In all the meaningful ways, they may not be old. If they're really lucky, they may not even look old. However, strictly in terms of age... when they have to check the box that says 70-79 on forms, they have hit the old folks category.

And Glenn never made it there.

I'll be thinking about him a lot today, and I won't be the only one. There will be people thinking of him today especially around the globe. He affected so many with his music.

As we do, we all have to remember the lyrics of that prescient song, "It's Your World Now," and its admonition of "No tears allowed." We must focus on celebrating his life.

So, let's make it a happy 70th birthday, for Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Happy 70th birthday Glenn

BTW, my apologies to all my 70+ members if I just made you feel ancient. I just mean in terms of NUMBERS - as I said, in IMPORTANT ways, it's not about that. There are 70 year olds who are younger than a lot of 60 year olds I know in all the meaningful ways.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well said, soda.

Stuck on the Border

Beautifully said Soda. Glenn was such an amazing talent and is greatly missed. Thinking of Glenn and his family today. It must be a hard day for them. Also thinking of all my Border friends today. Sending hugs to everyone.
    Soda, I love your avatar !

So sad to not have even reached seventy. But goodness knows, he packed many lifetimes worth of living in those 67 years.
    Beautiful words, Soda. I'm afraid I can't live up to the "No tears allowed" lyric, but he is remembered with a smile. I am reminded of some words to an old hymn of heaven..."through eternity sing...in a land where we'll never grow old...".

Happy Birthday, Glenn, with love.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I feel so blessed to have been born 5 years after Glenn Lewis Frey. It meant I was able to fully enjoy the many, many talents of this beautiful man for many years.
    Thank you Glenn for enhancing my life with your music! You will be forever in my

My thoughts are with his family and many friends today.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, it's sad that Glenn never made it to 70, but I doubt he would have changed anything about how he lived his life. He lived it to the fullest and even though he died at a fairly young age, what a life to have lived!

I am sad whenever I think of him. I can't promise 'no tears allowed' today. Thinking of his family and close friends......Happy birthday, Glenn......Gone but never forgotten.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Remembering Glenn and all his special gifts.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Happy 70th Birthday to Glenn Lewis Frey. Thank you for the many years of great music. Here's my favorite picture of Glenn.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The best ones always leave us too soon (my father included)