Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I was merely speculating since someone on the board wondered why VOL was not played in concert since the late 90's. Seriously, like they would not play HC, which is their biggest song.

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I was merely speculating since someone on the board wondered why VOL was not played in concert since the late 90's. Seriously, like they would not play HC, which is their biggest song.
    Agreed. Can't imagine them not performing the brand's signature song HC. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I wonder if Timothy will get one of Glenn's songs. Peaceful Easy feeling, perhaps?
    I wonder too it would be nice.

In his solo shows to honor Glenn very appropriate. The Classic Tour? Don't think they can avoid his songs especially if live streaming, recording and filming for commercial distribution/release. It's sad.
    Last edited by Dawn; 06-18-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for posting that RS interview, ETG. I couldn't help but notice TITTL got a specific mention in the sub-headline.

I figured Vince would sing Heartache Tonight, especially after I remembered some of his less mellow work like One More Last Chance. I wish he wouldn't sing NKIT though. Nothing against Vince; I guess it's just my own bias b/c I love that song so much and I identify it with Glenn so much. I suppose this is how Glenn's superfans feel about all his songs. I'd rather Deacon sing NKIT.

It's nice they are keeping TITTL in the set. I'm glad someone is performing it since it's not in the Cars 3 movie, after all. (I saw it today).

It's looking more and more like Bernie won't be there. Bummer.
    Delilah, I was glad for the "shout-out" TITTL received also!

I was surprised Vince is singing NKIT, I really thought Deacon would sing it. I am hoping Randy gets a special mention when they perform TITTL during the shows.

That's too bad about TITTL not being in Cars 3 movie, I was really looking forward to seeing it.

My boyfriend is in love with the Eagles and since I met him I have learned just about every single one of their songs by heart. For a while now he has struggled with severe depression and substance abuse. He finally admitted it and we were able to get him the help he needs. He was released from rehab just a week and a half ago and I am trying to surprise him with a ticket to the LA concert in just 3 weeks, it would be the absolute world to him and I know it is something to help keep him on the right path. I am working as hard as I can to afford a ticket, plane ticket, and hotel for him but I do not think I will be able to do it on my own. If anyone is able to donate, even just $1, to my gofundme to help me send him, I would so, so much appreciate it and be forever grateful.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, but what does the Beatles has to do with the Classic East/West festivals? We are trying to keep this thread positive. And coming to this thread talking about not liking Vince or Deacon joining, or they should not continue the band without Glenn or Don was wrong to continue (I'm really getting tired of Don getting so much flake about everything that has happened after Glenn died and this all started when he posted tour dates after Glenn's death) or whatever is going to start an argument in this thread where we are trying to be positive about the upcoming festival which some of us are excited about and the possibility they "MIGHT"(I said might because they might not) continue after this.

I thought the Eagles 3.0 thread is the one that people are bashing each other about their opinions about the guys continuing as a band. That's why I stopped posting in that thread because I got tired being the minority in that thread.

We have had some disagreement in this thread about who should sing what or what songs should be sung, or Vince shouldn't sing this song. That's different. We're not bashing them, but coming over here bashing the band because they are continuing the band or its wrong they continuing is getting very old. This is the only thread I know I won't get bash because I'm ok with the guys continuing.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-21-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

BTW, this is what Soda said when she made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    https://eagles.com/news/289873

Note: This thread is for discussing the shows. If you want to talk about what you think of the band billing themselves as the Eagles without Glenn, you can post about it in the Eagles 3.0 thread.
    Later she posted this as a reminder:
    I'd like this thread to be for those who'd like to talk about these shows in a "pre concert anticipation" way, as the forum title says. We can talk about how we feel regarding the "line-up change" in the Eagles 3.0 thread.

Thanks!
    I further note that she posted this in the Eagles 3.0 thread:

Thanks, GL.

Mary, I'm sorry I angered you. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm trying to keep my negativity limited to this thread and not rain on parades elsewhere.

I'm just doing the best I can but I know not everyone will find that acceptable. There are probably many who feel the same way you do. Perhaps some even view me with contempt and find me ridiculous. It saddens me, but I understand. If you ever change your mind, you are always welcome.
    I don't expect everyone who posts in this thread be 100% gung-ho about the Eagles performing without Glenn. But Soda did make a separate thread for a reason, and I hope everyone can be respectful of that and the board members who want to discuss the upcoming shows. I myself have been avoiding the Eagles 3.0 thread b/c 1) I don't have anything new to say 2) the discussion has become repetitive and circular 3) I don't care for the negative, toxic vibe there. It's unfortunate that negativity seems to be seeping it's way over here.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

I've always been a much, much bigger fan of Eagles than Fleetwood Mac. Things may change in July.

I'm not sure if Lindsey Buckingham's closing comments represent the standard policy for all the artists, performing at Classic East / West or even Fleetwood Mac's;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...620-story.html

Just close your eyes and take the money
    Last edited by Funk 50; 06-22-2017 at 04:59 AM.

I agree with you both Shun and Delilah. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I've always been a much, much bigger fan of Eagles than Fleetwood Mac. Things may change in July.

I'm not sure if Lindsey Buckingham's closing comments are necessarily the official artists, or even Fleetwood Mac's, attitude to the Classic East / West shows;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...620-story.html

Ha ha, I bet all the bands playing at these shows are tired of playing the old hits and would love to play new stuff. LB may have stronger feelings about it though.

I hope this isn't too far OT; it's more related to post-show possibilities. This interview is essentially the same one I read in the L.A. Times a couple of weeks ago...but I don't recall any mention of an album?

Regarding a future Eagles album, Henley said: “We’re just going to see how it goes. We have every reason to believe it’ll go just fine. Then it’s Irving’s ball. . . There’s a lot of pressure on us right now. We’re not too keen on adding to that pressure. I’m sure Irving is going to bring it up at some point. . . I’m not saying that’s not going to happen. I’m just saying nobody’s brought it up yet.”
    https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28577

I also saw a tweet by Kenny Rogers giving these shows with Vince his stamp of approval.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...