Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    If i'd have to guess, that probably means he won't be there
    Save
    What about the chances of a guest appearance by Randy - do you have any impressions about that possibility?

Maybe it's pure wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the recent visit with Joe Walsh and the use of "Take It to the Limit" in the new Cars 3 trailer could indicate or lead to something/anything?

As you may be aware, Randy has been rehearsing and recording with friends in Los Angeles since May.

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    What about the chances of a guest appearance by Randy - do you have any impressions about that possibility?

Maybe it's pure wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the recent visit with Joe Walsh and the use of "Take It to the Limit" in the new Cars 3 trailer could indicate or lead to something/anything?

As you may be aware, Randy has been rehearsing and recording with friends in Los Angeles since May.
    Considering Vince Gill's comment, all I see that would support such a scenario would be that he's covering up for a surprise Randy appearance rather than declining to answer why Bernie isn't gonna be there. I would imagine that the latter is more likely, but this is all guesswork on my part.

I wonder if they will bring back Victim of Love

If Randy plays with the guys it would be so awsome. Maybe it would bring him the happiness that has evaded him for the past fewyeaes.

Border Rebel

It's funny that Vince feels free to answer about the songs he's singing but not the question about Bernie. I wonder if he's been told not to answer questions about who might be appearing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    If Randy plays with the guys it would be so awsome. Maybe it would bring him the happiness that has evaded him for the past fewyeaes.
    Randy has obviously been through some tough times over the last few years but imo it's stepping over the bound of a fan to declare him unhappy.

I'm delighted that Randy is out and about again, it'd be great to see him with the Eagles again but I'd say Vince and Deacon are the story for the two Classic shows. There have been plenty of sightings of Randy but I don't recall seeing or hearing any of him actually playing music. The first time he plays in public again, has got to be one almighty step, that he doesn't seem ready for.

Vince is wise to stay out of band politics. I'm sure that he's been advised by the Eagles entourage, if not by the "gods" themselves.

Victim Of Love is a Felder song. I thought that it would have been consigned to the past but after Those Shoes returned for The History Of The Eagles Tour you never know.

I'm still hoping for the Hotel California album in it's entirety. I'm guessing that a very large percentage of the Classic East / West audience will own that album

Stuck on the Border

Funk - I agree with you. While it is wonderful to see Randy out and about there has been no inkling of him being part of the festivals. I doubt if he would be physically up to singing before 50-60 thousand people.
    I also think Vince is smart to stay out of band politics but, like you said, he was probably advised by "the gods" what he could talk about.
    Someone was talking about VOL not being played since the late 90's. I would venture a guess it is because it is a D.F. song....... I personally like the song and I know a lot of people would probably like to see it played.
    Sine Vince has his "list" of songs to sing, I wonder what Deacon will sing.

PS - I just saw in my local newspaper that Randy Newman is the musical composer for the Cars 3 movie. Maybe that is why TITTL is apparently in the movie and in the trailer for the movie.

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if Timothy will get one of Glenn's songs. Peaceful Easy feeling, perhaps?

Border Desperado

Why would "Victim of Love" being co-written by Felder have anything to do with them not playing it? He co-wrote "Hotel California" and they've never had an issue playing it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Why would "Victim of Love" being co-written by Felder have anything to do with them not playing it? He co-wrote "Hotel California" and they've never had an issue playing it.
    Touché, Bill.