Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes, have to agree with you there. He was thinking about winding the Eagles down before he died; he certainly wouldn't have insisted they continue if they'd lost Don. He might have even called it quits if they'd lost Joe or Tim. The Eagles were not his life, and he'd proven more than once that he was able to leave money on the table.

He threatened to sue when they thought about continuing to go on without him in the early 90s, and he'd said things like "I started it; I ended it" when talking about the band. That's why I call BS on "He would have wanted us to keep going."

Even if that were true, though, the basic fact remains the same: without Glenn Frey's voice, without his artistic contribution, that band is not really the Eagles. It's three guys who used to be in the Eagles singing with Vince Gill and Glenn's son.

I feel the same, except I know I won't change my mind about these shows. Maybe one day I'll want to go to a solo show again... but never one of these shows.
    Soda, exactly how I feel.

Stuck on the Border

That's why I call BS on "He would have wanted us to keep going."

Even if that were true, though, the basic fact remains the same: without Glenn Frey's voice, without his artistic contribution, that band is not really the Eagles. It's three guys who used to be in the Eagles singing with Vince Gill and Glenn's son.
    Soda - I have bolded your thought to say that is what I would expect Don, Tim and Joe to say. How else can they legitimize their continuing after Don's saying over and over for an entire year that the band was over, that you can't go on without the guy who founded the band. It is the only way to make it legitimate and have the fans, or most fans accept it.

Border Rebel

Yes, have to agree with you there. He was thinking about winding the Eagles down before he died; he certainly wouldn't have insisted they continue if they'd lost Don. He might have even called it quits if they'd lost Joe or Tim. The Eagles were not his life, and he'd proven more than once that he was able to leave money on the table.

He threatened to sue when they thought about continuing to go on without him in the early 90s, and he'd said things like "I started it; I ended it" when talking about the band. That's why I call BS on "He would have wanted us to keep going."

I feel the same, except I know I won't change my mind about these shows. Maybe one day I'll want to go to a solo show again... but never one of these shows.
    I agree, but that doesn't mean Glenn would have hated this iteration of the Eagles. There's no way of knowing how he would have felt, but it's hard to imagine he would have disliked seeing his son Deacon with his old band mates and his friend Vince Gill. No, it's not the same as the Eagles with Glenn, but the group sounds great and they seem to be having a great time. Except Deacon, they're in (or approaching, for Vince) their twilight years, and of course they won't be doing it much longer. If nothing else, I love seeing the smiles on the guys' faces when they're up their together.

ETA: This quote from Joe Walsh in the Michigan News-Herald seemed related:

“So we figured we would at least try it and see where it went and we worked on it and thought it through and we tried it out in Los Angeles and it was just magic. It really was. It was received wonderfully and the energy that we all have is very, very healing, so I think Glenn would be proud of this and we decided to do it some more.”

Link to the article:

http://http://www.thenewsherald.com/downriver_life/entertainment/eagles-fly-into-the-late-glenn-frey-s-home-town/article_4eacb82b-ff14-59bb-bd78-f9bd6940de28.html
    Last edited by maryc2130; 10-25-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So agree with you on all of this!

I had forgotten about the part I bolded! But, also, Glenn told Bernie that this isn't over at the last HotE show. So, by then, he had not decided to quit yet.

It's all speculation.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    You will not get into a "messy" personal opinion argument with me over this kind of thing.
    I just look to avoid getting into a lot of arguments is all. If you want to, I’ll engage in one

Lord, have mercy! Geeeeez! I can't stand it!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I just look to avoid getting into a lot of arguments is all. If you want to, I’ll engage in one
    From where I'm standing our argument was settled before it got real messy, LOL!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So agree with you on all of this!

I had forgotten about the part I bolded! But, also, Glenn told Bernie that this isn't over at the last HotE show. So, by then, he had not decided to quit yet.

It's all speculation.
    He did not know they were going to continue without him.

Couldn't agree more.

No one will convince me that Glenn would have been for this OR that he would have wanted it or would have continued the band if something happened to Don.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just saw this comment posted on one of the youtube videos of the Eagles mini fall concert tour

"Can't reheat a souffle ... time to let it go guys."

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016