Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Even the Eagles' official site used the word "replaced" - check out the caption of the photo here:

https://eagles.com/news/293163
    Thanks, well, there we have it.

It's very simple: if whoever was left holding the reins thought it would be profitable for the band to continue without Don, it would. Of course, one would have to decide if the band would still be marketable with neither of its lead singers. ... but if people just want to see "the Eagles"... again, other bands have done it.

And for this band, there is no line to cross anymore.

Who said it would be up to them?
    That's a fair point but they would probably be uncomfortable doing so and they can't be forced to keep going. I have a hard time them being ok with it and I doubt Irving would do that. I think this would be a new line and I'm willing to bet they wouldn't cross it but only time will tell

Even the Eagles' official site used the word "replaced" - check out the caption of the photo here:

https://eagles.com/news/293163
    And that is why I just can't commit to buying a ticket at this time. When I saw Henley in January, it was solo and before the grand announcement. Don't care if it right or wrong for someone else, it feels so wrong to me. I may change my mind, I may see another solo show, but not yet. I wanted to believe that Glenn was not replaceable, Henley said so. Doesn't appear so.

And for those who think Their Greatest Hits are all there is, remember that Hotel California, Heartache Tonight and others were not even out yet, they are on Part two.

Stuck on the Border

I know people may disagree with me on this, but it is MHO that had Don passed instead of Glenn, the Eagles would have performed their last concert on July 29,2015. I think the Eagles legacy meant a lot to Glenn. For whatever reason Don changed his mind and decided to continue and replaced Glenn with Vince and Deacon. Some support it some don't. I have expressed my felling before numerous times and don't care to re-hash it again. However, I will say for those who never saw them before, go an enjoy yourselves. They are 70 and almost 70 and will not be doing this much longer.

I think Vince has a nice voice but neither he nor Deacon sound like Glenn. Vince is also a tenor but his voice is different. Deacon's voice is a little deeper to me. JMHO.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, you're totally in your right to say your opinion on it but I just don't want to argue about it is all
    Well, if you don't want to argue about something, don't mention it as a fact. IMO it's not fair to keep saying that "Glenn's voice is easier to replace than Don's" and then say you don't want to argue about it. However, if you express it as the way you see it, it's a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LovinGlennGirl View Post
    And that is why I just can't commit to buying a ticket at this time. When I saw Henley in January, it was solo and before the grand announcement. Don't care if it right or wrong for someone else, it feels so wrong to me. I may change my mind, I may see another solo show, but not yet. I wanted to believe that Glenn was not replaceable, Henley said so. Doesn't appear so.

And for those who think Their Greatest Hits are all there is, remember that Hotel California, Heartache Tonight and others were not even out yet, they are on Part two.
    Please don’t take what I said as they were only the greatest hits. ICTYW, HT, TLR, NKIT, HC, LITFL are nothing to make fun of but what I’m saying is that a massive chunk of the eagles catalogue is rendered useless

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Well, if you don't want to argue about something, don't mention it as a fact. IMO it's not fair to keep saying that "Glenn's voice is easier to replace than Don's" and then say you don't want to argue about it. However, if you express it as the way you see it, it's a different matter.
    That’s fair. I just don’t want to make this a big deal, it wasn’t a comment I found to be important to my argument. I think the list of voices similar to Don is shorter than the list similar to Glenn. It’s something I could be wrong about but there really isn’t any facts to help you or I, so it would just turn into a personal opinion argument which can get messy is all

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I know people may disagree with me on this, but it is MHO that had Don passed instead of Glenn, the Eagles would have performed their last concert on July 29,2015. I think the Eagles legacy meant a lot to Glenn. For whatever reason Don changed his mind and decided to continue and replaced Glenn with Vince and Deacon. Some support it some don't. I have expressed my felling before numerous times and don't care to re-hash it again. However, I will say for those who never saw them before, go an enjoy yourselves. They are 70 and almost 70 and will not be doing this much longer.

I think Vince has a nice voice but neither he nor Deacon sound like Glenn. Vince is also a tenor but his voice is different. Deacon's voice is a little deeper to me. JMHO.
    I totally agree, I do think the band made good choice in replacements. I can’t think of anyone else better situated for the situation

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    That’s fair. I just don’t want to make this a big deal, it wasn’t a comment I found to be important to my argument. I think the list of voices similar to Don is shorter than the list similar to Glenn. It’s something I could be wrong about but there really isn’t any facts to help you or I, so it would just turn into a personal opinion argument which can get messy is all
    You will not get into a "messy" personal opinion argument with me over this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I know people may disagree with me on this, but it is MHO that had Don passed instead of Glenn, the Eagles would have performed their last concert on July 29,2015. I think the Eagles legacy meant a lot to Glenn.
    Yes, have to agree with you there. He was thinking about winding the Eagles down before he died; he certainly wouldn't have insisted they continue if they'd lost Don. He might have even called it quits if they'd lost Joe or Tim. The Eagles were not his life, and he'd proven more than once that he was able to leave money on the table.

He threatened to sue when they thought about continuing to go on without him in the early 90s, and he'd said things like "I started it; I ended it" when talking about the band. That's why I call BS on "He would have wanted us to keep going."

Even if that were true, though, the basic fact remains the same: without Glenn Frey's voice, without his artistic contribution, that band is not really the Eagles. It's three guys who used to be in the Eagles singing with Vince Gill and Glenn's son.

Quote Originally Posted by LovinGlennGirl
    I feel the same, except I know I won't change my mind about these shows. Maybe one day I'll want to go to a solo show again... but never one of these shows.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten