Page 159 of 166 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Taylor can sing quite well. I don't know about Otis. I wonder how he feels... but I don't want to get off topic.

At any rate, I certainly plan on getting the re-release. In fact, I'm even going to get the $100 version!
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you know Taylor can sing? I've read your accounts of meeting Glenn over the years, and it is incredible - I'm so jealous!

I've been following this thread for months now and I haven't wanted to get into it, but I might as well throw my two cents in. Glenn was the reason I got into the Eagles, so to me, it's not the Eagles without him. Not even with his son in the band. I have nothing against anyone who supports this and will not try to convince them otherwise. But for me, the Eagles ended in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Yes, the band hit pay dirt with Deacon. In fact, one might argue Deacon sealed the deal especially given Don Henley's statements.
    Then the question becomes, if they do decide to record (Heaven forbid), do they continue with Deacon or set him aside once they decide he's no longer necessary to lend them legitimacy?

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you know Taylor can sing? I've read your accounts of meeting Glenn over the years, and it is incredible - I'm so jealous!
    Glenn gave us some stuff that night we visited him in Niagara Falls. One of the items had Taylor singing on it. "Underground swag" he called it. And he told us if we ever shared it, he would consider us to be in his "penalty box for life"! But obviously he never would have given it to us if he really thought we would share it with anyone... and he was right. 10 years later and it's still safe, and it always will be.

I've been following this thread for months now and I haven't wanted to get into it, but I might as well throw my two cents in. Glenn was the reason I got into the Eagles, so to me, it's not the Eagles without him. Not even with his son in the band. I have nothing against anyone who supports this and will not try to convince them otherwise. But for me, the Eagles ended in 2016.
    Amen!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

As I read everyone's recent opinions about Deacon's purpose in the band, I was thinking the same thing Soda was concerning the fact that Glenn and Cindy have 3 children all with at least some musical talent.

Then the thought jokingly went through my head that if Don, Joe, Timothy, Vince and Deacon continue for several years then Otis will be old enough to make his own decision about singing with the band if invited. I hesitated to post my thought because of the strong reactions that I expected would follow.

I agree with Soda 100% that its best to just leave this subject alone because its only crazy speculation and doesn't belong in the 3.0 discussion.

Border Desperado

I don't know whether anyone else feels the same as I do, but neither the addition of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey or the release of Vince or Deacon will ever have any influence regarding my feelings about this entire situation.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I also think that without Deacon this would never be happening.
    Well, where there's a will, there's a way. With the lure of the kind of money the Classic shows and the following tours will bring, I think it still would have happened. They could have still "done it for the fans."

One thing's for sure, though - it would have met with a lot more fan resistance without Deacon, and the press would not have been as kind.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I don't know whether anyone else feels the same as I do, but neither the addition of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey or the release of Vince or Deacon will ever have any influence regarding my feelings about this entire situation.
    ::raises hand::

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I agree. If they had wanted to do this, Deacon or not, they would have. As much power as everyone is giving Cindy Frey in the decision to continue, had Henley wanted to go on, he probably could have. I'm sure there are loophole clauses in contracts, and issues like "preventing him from earning a living" as ludicrous as that sounds.
    Since he is at least a 50 percent owner, maybe more in some of the Eagles related companies, he would probably have the right to use the name to promote himself and the others.

Sweetie, it is not hypocritical at all. You and I are still Eagles fans, as is everyone else who is not supportive of what is now calling themselves the Eagles.

There is no need to boycott re-releases as they have nothing to do with what is now going on. You are not only depriving yourself of what you love, but you are boycotting the work of the very person whose contribution they are deeming unnecessary by continuing (which is the entire problem I have with this - I feel Glenn is necessary for it to be the Eagles).
    Thanks!

I think I will probably try and get it. It is something that means a lot to me.

I don't know if we will ever know the backstory on what really happened but I do know the Classic didn't happen overnite. I also believe not revealing the names of both of the mystery guest artists before tickets went on sale was an ill advised publicity stunt that made them look desperate.

Stuck on the Border

When the "Classic" events were first rumoured, one story was that Henley would be part of it, either as a solo artist or with Joe and Timothy if they agreed. That would fit both with plans being made well in advance but Timothy not knowing of them.

Then the question becomes, if they do decide to record (Heaven forbid), do they continue with Deacon or set him aside once they decide he's no longer necessary to lend them legitimacy?

Glenn gave us some stuff that night we visited him in Niagara Falls. One of the items had Taylor singing on it. "Underground swag" he called it. And he told us if we ever shared it, he would consider us to be in his "penalty box for life"! But obviously he never would have given it to us if he really thought we would share it with anyone... and he was right. 10 years later and it's still safe, and it always will be.

Amen!
    I recall somebody saying they had received a Christmas card with CD from the Frey's one year and that Otis was quite the singer....anybody remember that???..I imagine they all have some talent...