Page 296 of 301 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I never read about any of the guys using crystal meth. I was surprised by that story but not anything else. Boy RS sounds like it was crazier than the Eagles touring life.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wonder which Eagle made the phone call to complain to Werner ? Silly me, I did not even know Crystal Meth was "in" then. I thought that was in much later. I'm sure they all partook, including CC. However, he was still just a teenager so who knows. Don F. mentions Glenn and Don H. "protecting" CC in his book, and being amazed that someone so young was working for RS.
    Well, I think we can rule out Randy. Annie Leibovitz doesn’t seem his type and I doubt he was close enough to Wenner that he could simply call him up in the middle of the night like that.

There’s probably a lot of stuff that the band members did that hasn’t been written about.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think that might be a mistake. Our mystery Eagle probably called complaining about coke. It wouldn't be the first time details got a little fudged about something like that.

Crystal meth didn't get going until the 80s, after the government cracked down on injected meth (source), so the timeline doesn't work with it being a call from an Eagle. I guess it could have been a former Eagle during the "me decade", but more likely Jann has his drugs mixed up.

If it was coke during the 70s as I suspect, then it could have been any of the Eagles except Bernie.

If it is the 80s and crystal meth which I doubt, I suppose it could have been Joe... Glenn did coke until the mid-80s, Don Henley did coke until the early 90s... I never heard of meth. Not sure about the drug habits of the other guys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Based on the timeline in the article, I assume this took place in the 70s, although I agree that may not be the case.

I’m not surprised about Randy or any of the guys doing coke or meth (well, except for Bernie). Meth would allow them to stay up all night and party. I just don’t think Randy would be doing it or, ummm, anything else with Annie Leibovitz. Or having the boldness to make a late night call to Wenner to complain about it. It doesn’t seem in keeping with his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think that might be a mistake. Our mystery Eagle probably called complaining about coke. It wouldn't be the first time details got a little fudged about something like that.

Crystal meth didn't get going until the 80s, after the government cracked down on injected meth (source), so the timeline doesn't work with it being a call from an Eagle. I guess it could have been a former Eagle during the "me decade", but more likely Jann has his drugs mixed up.

If it was coke during the 70s as I suspect, then it could have been any of the Eagles except Bernie.

If it is the 80s and crystal meth which I doubt, I suppose it could have been Joe... Glenn did coke until the mid-80s, Don Henley did coke until the early 90s... I never heard of meth. Not sure about the drug habits of the other guys.
    Why is Bernie being excluded? During most of his time in the Eagles he did coke.

Stuck on the Border

I think you might be right here Soda. Glenn has always been very honest and upfront about the drugs he used. I have never heard any story about meth use from or about him. Don at times tended to be a little more coy about his drug use. I do not see either Randy, Don F. or Bernie making a call like that. Who knows about Joe. I'm surprised they would call Werner since their relation with him was so bad. I can't see them expecting him to sympathize with them when they hated each other.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Why is Bernie being excluded? During most of his time in the Eagles he did coke.
    Because Bernie was the guy who told Felder not to do more than a little bit of coke at a time, that it was dangerous and he needed to be careful - that it could "fry [his] brain." While everybody else was snorting with abandon, he was proceeding with care. Calling up a guy in the middle of the night, upset because he didn't have a readily available hit? Not Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    By the time Bernie left in 1975, he’d rejected the drugs and the rock and roll lifestyle that he considered unhealthy. He was into surfing, a healthy diet, etc. In fact, that was one of the sources of conflict that led to his exit. That why it’s doubtful he was the Eagle being described in the Post article. I suppose the incident could have happened early enough while he was still doing drugs but that doesn’t fit in with the timeline of Leibovitz’s own drug use as stated in the article.

I think you might be right here Soda. Glenn has always been very honest and upfront about the drugs he used. I have never heard any story about meth use from or about him. Don at times tended to be a little more coy about his drug use. I do not see either Randy, Don F. or Bernie making a call like that. Who knows about Joe. I'm surprised they would call Werner since their relation with him was so bad. I can't see them expecting him to sympathize with them when they hated each other.
    I agree Glenn has been honest and upfront about his drug use but always? He seemed to value his privacy more than to reveal every single drug he ever used or anything else of a similar nature that isn’t really anyone else’s business. From the articles, interviews and documentary, various members admitted the “drugs flowed.” I don’t believe “drugs” is a term confined to coke and pot. Well-to-do rock stars would have access to all kinds of stuff and could dabble in this or that, esp. if they thought it helped the creative process. Coke obviously was the drug of choice, though.

There probably was a little fudge in the details as Soda posted, and I’m inclined to believe that Wenner carelessly used the term “crystal meth” when he probably meant plain powdered meth.

Because Bernie was the guy who told Felder not to do more than a little bit of coke at a time, that it was dangerous and he needed to be careful - that it could "fry [his] brain." While everybody else was snorting with abandon, he was proceeding with care. Calling up a guy in the middle of the night, upset because he didn't have a readily available hit? Not Bernie.
    I know that he was more careful than the others and quit but he was one of the more bold eagles. In terms of personality I think he would. I doubt Both dons would and neither would randy. I feel like either Glenn or Bernie would the type of guy to do it

I'm surprised they would call Werner since their relation with him was so bad. I can't see them expecting him to sympathize with them when they hated each other.
    Yeah, the whole story smells funny, honestly. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the mistake was that he remembered the band wrong - that it was a member of Jefferson Starship or something! lol