11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Just finished watching the 3rd and final debate.

I felt Hillary took him to the cleaners for a third time and DJT continued to make a @ss out of himself and showed just how unfit he is to be President. She was prepared, and she had many quips that were true and I feel she pretty much dominated this debate.

I feel the closing statements were also quite telling. And the fact Trump acted like he wouldn't accept a loss is SCARY. I feel that he is truly a loose cannon and if he does lose, his followers who have even less morals and restraints than him might do something crazy and that worries me.

I felt Hillary Clinton did an amazing job and didn't back down and handled herself like a true POTUS.

Hillary did a horrible job. She hanged herself on Syria on The Foundation if your under investigation by the FBI you should not be able to run just like if your on the no fly list you ahould not be able to by a gun.

How can a woman say she supports children but yet approves of Late Term Abortions.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm sorry but that's a deliberate deception - they're playing games with the numbers. Even President Obama has admitted the administration's claims of record deportations are "a little deceptive."

A couple of years ago, they started counting people turned away at the border as "deportations" - i.e., they're padding the numbers by taking credit for removing tens of thousands of people who were turned away by Border Patrol. These cases (which were counted as "voluntary departures" before) represented about half of all "deportations" in the supposedly record counts of the Obama administration.

This is how they're able to give the false impression that they are vigorously enforcing immigration laws. In 2013, ICE agents encountered more than 700,000 aliens who could have been removed. Most were found in jails. But they took action against fewer than 200,000; meaning that ICE is now releasing more illegal aliens — including criminal aliens — than it is arresting (Source: Center for Immigration Studies, URL: http://cis.org/node/5082).

This op-ed in the Washington Post gives a clear explanation of the shifting terminology and dicey claims: "Lies, Damned Lies and Obama's Deportation Statistics" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/
    NMB - Like most things these days, if you search the internet, you will get many conflicting reports of the accuracy of the numbers and much of it depends on who is doing the counting. As we always say, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't know this, but it would seem that the Dept. of Homeland Security would use the same method to calculate their numbers for all the administrations or, if they changed the formula, at least notate that. In any event, until the numbers for this year are calculated, of course, we don't have an accurate count of this administration's final numbers.

However, the point I was trying to make in my post was to illustrate that the Obama administration is not nearly as soft on deportation as they are perceived to be by a lot of their detractors. So, no matter what the final numbers turn out to be, I believe they will probably bear out that point. JMHO

And on another note, I am soooo ready for this election to be over!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I've seen the third debate now. It wasn't as bad as I feared. Clearly it's very Republican versus very Democrat politics. They did go off the central plot at some times, but it wasn't the extreme farce that I expected.

I feel like the third debate was probably the best one. Going in, I was worried that a FOX News (or Faux News, as I like to call them! ) moderator would favor Trump and therefore, be unfair to HRC. That said, that moderator did a good job not only of being fair but keeping things on topic and trying to control the negative parts. So I was pleasantly surprised. I also thought DJT started out very well mannered/restrained, but then it didn't take long for that to go away.

And another thing:

I normally am someone who has been a bit more on the sensitive side of things and tends to not say how I truly feel, especially things that are controversial but if there is one thing I've learned, even up until now is that you have to stand up for yourself and what you believe in and become a little less eager to please others for the sake of lack of conflict in order to truly be happy with yourself. Even just a couple years ago I wouldn't have ever posted in a thread like this, I've always been opinionated and more so online than IRL, but that's changing. I feel that trying to please everyone and putting on a nice facade is not the way to go about it. So yes, I feel strongly about this and I feel it's only right to stand up for what I believe in and what my values are, and I think everyone should do so as well. And if you can do it without demeaning the beliefs of others, it is truly the definition of someone who can have a "I don't give a crap" attitude, yet still be respectful of others yet be able to not be afraid to make your feelings known. It's called dignity. You can be respectful of people and want to make them happy without losing priorities or letting them walk all over you. It's truly a balance. You go off one way and you are never respected as you never state your beliefs, you go off another and you seem uninterested in the thoughts of others if not downright arrogant. Learning to walk that balance has led me to slowly peel off the shell of someone who is socially anxious. I'm still on the shy side but better. Flipping from one extreme to the other is not helping you. And I've done it.

No one should ever feel like they have to tippy toe around somebody or censor themselves (unless it's needed and you know it's better off not to say anything if you can't be nice or at least respectful), but in the same respect, that doesn't give someone the go ahead to be rude or cruel or insensitive of other's feelings, beliefs, or opinions. Positivity, while still maintaining a sense of dignity is truly the best way to go. It's ok to have an opinion that others may not agree with, as long as it's not hurting anyone. It's never right to have to walk on eggshells, but it's also never right to throw out spikes under others' feet either that trip them.

I think this thread has been very insightful, if not thoughtful and well handled. I guarantee you there are a TON of forums who either allow political discussions and it gets nasty down to personal attacks, OR they ban it altogether. If they could all be more like this thread, it would allow for tasteful debate and discourse without either being too afraid to say how you feel OR be out of control and nasty.

Kudos to everyone who's posted in this thread...I may not agree with all of you, and some of you may not agree with me. And you know what - that's totally ok!

I hope that this doesn't get taken too seriously or offensively. Rag on Fox News all you want, but IMO, MSNBC or MSLSD is just as bad on the left. I don't watch either network, and I've only seen a few episodes of Fox coverage. Most of the time, I go to CNN. I'm glad that Melissa Harris-Perry is no longer on MSNBC b/c she's maddening. She took Alfonso Aguilar's comment about Paul Ryan being a hard worker way too sensitively and she said that it was a wrong word choice b/c of slavery.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdtAxXGh-Y

She also said that Star Wars was racist b/c she interpreted Darth Vader being representative of a black person. (Sorry about the ending part, but this is the only short clip that I could find).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFnrNtqAjo

All I'm saying is that MSNBC doesn't get the crackdown that it deserves in comparison to Fox. They're both biased networks, so they should get the same amount of criticism. However, that's not the case, and Fox gets ridiculed more often.

NOTE: Any dumb thing that Fox does deserves to be ridiculed and criticized, BTW. It's just that I don't see it happen to MSNBC that often. I mean, people were making fun of CNN for going overboard with the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, but I don't blame them. If you bring up black holes appearing all of a sudden in the ocean, you're opening yourself up to anything.

Anyways, I'm glad that you, WalshFan88, aren't sensitive to the opposing viewpoint. You stand your ground and you don't just ignore or write insults. I commend you for that. On Twitter, whenever I try to debate with facts and links, those people block me. They're like ostriches that stick their heads in the sand, and it gives me an unfavorable view of liberals. I'm glad that the liberals on here don't back down and have a legitimate and calm response. I know that some conservatives online use the block button as well, and I think that's wrong. You all are quite reasonable, unlike the other social media platforms and comments sections of news articles and blog posts.

Both candidates are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I hope that this doesn't get taken too seriously or offensively. Rag on Fox News all you want, but IMO, MSNBC or MSLSD is just as bad on the left. I don't watch either network, and I've only seen a few episodes of Fox coverage. Most of the time, I go to CNN. I'm glad that Melissa Harris-Perry is no longer on MSNBC b/c she's maddening. She took Alfonso Aguilar's comment about Paul Ryan being a hard worker way too sensitively and she said that it was a wrong word choice b/c of slavery.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdtAxXGh-Y

She also said that Star Wars was racist b/c she interpreted Darth Vader being representative of a black person. (Sorry about the ending part, but this is the only short clip that I could find).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFnrNtqAjo

All I'm saying is that MSNBC doesn't get the crackdown that it deserves in comparison to Fox. They're both biased networks, so they should get the same amount of criticism. However, that's not the case, and Fox gets ridiculed more often.

NOTE: Any dumb thing that Fox does deserves to be ridiculed and criticized, BTW. It's just that I don't see it happen to MSNBC that often. I mean, people were making fun of CNN for going overboard with the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, but I don't blame them. If you bring up black holes appearing all of a sudden in the ocean, you're opening yourself up to anything.

Anyways, I'm glad that you, WalshFan88, aren't sensitive to the opposing viewpoint. You stand your ground and you don't just ignore or write insults. I commend you for that. On Twitter, whenever I try to debate with facts and links, those people block me. They're like ostriches that stick their heads in the sand, and it gives me an unfavorable view of liberals. I'm glad that the liberals on here don't back down and have a legitimate and calm response. I know that some conservatives online use the block button as well, and I think that's wrong. You all are quite reasonable, unlike the other social media platforms and comments sections of news articles and blog posts.
    I agree that MSNBC is very biased to the left. I also think FOX is very biased towards the right.

People like to say CNN stands for Clinton News Network but honestly they are the least biased out of the three.

For the record, I don't think media should be biased either way. I've long been a fan of CNN and I will likely always be a fan of CNN. Sometimes I flip on FOX to see how ridiculous they are getting, but I have to fairly admit that MSNBC is very biased. I watch their channel sparingly but I'm mostly a CNN guy.

I appreciate Walshfans views. I am more of right leaning Libertarian. I am most effected by the illegal immigration policies of HRC because it pisess me
    off that she wants to give amensty to Illiegal Immigrants when my dad came here legally and did mot recive or want support and worked his way up to where he is now.

If you want unbiased media watch cspan