Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I didn't know there's STILL a huge battle between "us and them".
    The term "huge battle" is a bit of an overstatement, but as you know there are still passionately "pro" and "con" camps; it is unsurprising that the start of the tour has opened up the old wounds for many and caused them to bleed afresh. Heightened tension is inevitable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    RE: Hater Labeling

Well said there is absolutely NO reason why fans who want to see the band can not post about it nor share their enthusiasm with other like minded fans. They clearly know this. They also know or should know that no one is forcing them to stick around if they don't like the rules especially since several of them do post on other Eagles fan sites and social media sites (e.g. instagram, FB) across the Internet. Calling non supporters "haters" serves no purpose other than to make themselves look foolish for not having the good sense or grace to know when it's time to pick up their marbles and go home ... meaning find another social media or group to join whose rules they can abide by.
    I personally don't want people to leave if there was no malicious intent or this was a simple misunderstanding. However, the hater label needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This thread has been split from the "Eagles 3.0" thread, which was initially started when it was unclear whether or not Don Henley would go back on his word that he would not attempt to reform an "Eagles" without Glenn. That thread initially discussed the possibility of an Eagles without Glenn, then for a long time people went back and forth about why they did or did not support it.

Finally, it was obvious there was no "debating" going on, just a vicious cycle of recriminations. People had decided whether or not they supported it, and that was that. Those who did not support it needed a place where they could discuss their feelings without people haranguing them, scolding them, guilt-tripping them, mocking them, gloating about how successful the faux Eagles are without Glenn, etc.

This thread was created for that purpose.

So if you are gung-ho about this this new group of men calling themselves the Eagles, that's great. Go to the Tour threads and Review threads and you'll find like-minded people. Don't come into this thread.

People who post in this thread essentially agree with the following statements by Don Henley made on November 28, 2016 in The Washington Post:
    “I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band [...] It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”
    Irving Azoff asked Best Classic Bands on November 16, 2017: "What's your definition of the Eagles? Glenn's gone."

Here's ours:

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.
    Thank you Soda!

This is the first post, spells out the purpose for this thread. Thinking this is a good time to rewind the tape so to speak to refresh memories and clear up any misconceptions.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

There is a review of last night's show in St. Louis...it is statements like this

"Though bowed by the loss of Frey, the band is not broken and in some ways sounds better than ever."

and this

"Once again, the band has been transformed and rejuvenated, just as it was with the previous substitutions of Joe Walsh for Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmit for Randy Meisner and sideman Steuart Smith for Don Felder."

that make me upset. Like it is just one more change in the line up. Substituting out one more band member. It reduces Glenn's significance to the same as other band members who came and went over the years - (and I think that Bernie, Randy, and Felder all deserve more credit than this article gives, too.).

Sorry if I'm reiterating what has already been said, I just had to vent. I should stop reading these things, but I'm curious, so I look, and then I get upset again.

The link to the article is below if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...66dfdc719.html

Stuck on the Border

I hope the band members are embarrassed by some comments in these "great reviews" instead of basking in them.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-19-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by sodascouts
    This thread has been split from the "Eagles 3.0" thread, which was initially started when it was unclear whether or not Don Henley would go back on his word that he would not attempt to reform an "Eagles" without Glenn. That thread initially discussed the possibility of an Eagles without Glenn, then for a long time people went back and forth about why they did or did not support it.
    Finally, it was obvious there was no "debating" going on, just a vicious cycle of recriminations. People had decided whether or not they supported it, and that was that. Those who did not support it needed a place where they could discuss their feelings without people haranguing them, scolding them, guilt-tripping them, mocking them, gloating about how successful the faux Eagles are without Glenn, etc.

This thread was created for that purpose.

So if you are gung-ho about this this new group of men calling themselves the Eagles, that's great. Go to the Tour threads and Review threads and you'll find like-minded people. Don't come into this thread.

People who post in this thread essentially agree with the following statements by Don Henley made on November 28, 2016 in The Washington Post:
    “I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band [...] It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”
    Irving Azoff asked Best Classic Bands on November 16, 2017: "What's your definition of the Eagles? Glenn's gone."

Here's ours:
    It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN SODA ! As Glenn said - That about clocks it.

Chain - I don;t think Don cares or thinks about such things. If he did, he would never have moved forward with Eagles 3.0.

EDIT TO ADD : Sorry I was too lazy to go back and look for Soda's original post.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 03-19-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    There is a review of last night's show in St. Louis...it is statements like this

"Though bowed by the loss of Frey, the band is not broken and in some ways sounds better than ever."

and this

"Once again, the band has been transformed and rejuvenated, just as it was with the previous substitutions of Joe Walsh for Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmit for Randy Meisner and sideman Steuart Smith for Don Felder."

that make me upset. Like it is just one more change in the line up. Substituting out one more band member. It reduces Glenn's significance to the same as other band members who came and went over the years - (and I think that Bernie, Randy, and Felder all deserve more credit than this article gives, too.).

Sorry if I'm reiterating what has already been said, I just had to vent. I should stop reading these things, but I'm curious, so I look, and then I get upset again.

I won't read it.

I think it's best to stay away from the triumphalism.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post

and this

That's the problem. They don't think Glenn is any more important than any of the other former members... even Steuart Smith is considered just as important as Glenn! Disgusting.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's the problem. They don't think Glenn is any more important than any of the other former members... even Steuart Smith is considered just as important as Glenn! Disgusting.

That breaks my heart.

Stuck on the Border

It's just ignorance.