Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Default Re: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Oh joy, another documentary that plays fast and loose with the facts.

Thanks NKIT, appreciate the feedback. I will keep my fingers crossed one day someone will tell the true story about the Eagles. They deserve nothing less.
    I'm sorry to say Dawn. That's never going to happen. It looks like HOTE will be the only documentary that's true and comes right from the guys mouths and not people's opinions on something they are spinning. Well. Family Tree special from VH1 in the 90s was the beginning of the documentary before HOTE came around over 20 years later.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-17-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I watched it and agree it was bad....the actors, their wigs and their horrible mustaches.

The highlight of the show was the actual Eagles photos and footage.

Yes, I believe you are right Shun. And true, we have the HOTE documentary which I have watched more times than I can count and am very thankful exists.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I had the chance to watch it last night. It was interested. I didn't know they had audio soundbytes from the guys. It was some stories from the guys I've never heard of. So it was new to me.

So they also took video clips from the London press conference of HOTE and put it in there. I wonder where they got the audio soundbytes of Don, Glenn and Felder from.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I watched this so-called documentary again last week with Dreamer and I wondered about the use of the soundbytes, too. The interview with Felder looked like they got it off YouTube!

Those audio clips gave it an air of legitimacy it didn't deserve. I guess it's perfectly legal to use those interviews, even though the guys obviously didn't give their permission. The interviews belong to whomever interviewed them, I suppose, and those media entities were presumably paid. It seems wrong, though.

And I know this is shallow, but couldn't they find guys who looked more like the band members? The guy they hired for Glenn was so unattractive that I thought whoever cast him must hate Glenn! Considering all the times they said things that amounted to "Glenn was intimidated by how Don Henley was more talented / more intelligent / more charismatic etc" then maybe I wasn't too far off!

One thing they did get right, though: the clothes. I was surprised that they recreated things like Glenn's "Free Bobby Knight" t-shirt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In case you haven't seen it or need your memory jogged, I'll repost that clip so you can see what I'm talking about:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I watched this so-called documentary again last week with Dreamer and I wondered about the use of the soundbytes, too. The interview with Felder looked like they got it off YouTube!

Those audio clips gave it an air of legitimacy it didn't deserve. I guess it's perfectly legal to use those interviews, even though the guys obviously didn't give their permission. The interviews belong to whomever interviewed them, I suppose, and those media entities were presumably paid. It seems wrong, though.

And I know this is shallow, but couldn't they find guys who looked more like the band members? The guy they hired for Glenn was so unattractive that I thought whoever cast him must hate Glenn! Considering all the times they said things that amounted to "Glenn was intimidated by how Don Henley was more talented / more intelligent / more charismatic etc" then maybe I wasn't too far off!

One thing they did get right, though: the clothes. I was surprised that they recreated things like Glenn's "Free Bobby Knight" t-shirt.
    OMG - The acting and their statement that Glenn was intimidated by how Don Henley was more talented, more intelligent and more charismatic pissed me off so much I never caught the "Free Bobby Knight" t-shirt ! I watched it again the other night. I had to laugh when they attributed Glenn's sloppiness as to the reason Don moved out from the house they shared together. One of the worst specials/documentaries I ever saw on the group.
    Question, what did Dreamer think of it ?

Border Rebel

I recorded and watched it this summer. Needless to say, I erased it! Lot's of bad acting and opinions by TV therapists. One thing I did find interesting though, was the total lack of Eagles music in the show. This was one in a series about bands breaking up. I also watched the one about The Supremes and one about The Beachboys. They all were somewhat similar with bad, overwrought acting and the same "knowledgeable" therapist. The main difference was that the other two shows included lots of musical clips and recordings. I think it illustrates how tightly held the rights are to any Eagles music as compared to other bands.

Actually, the part about Don moving out because Glenn was a slob is probably one of the few truths in it! LOLOLOL. I mean, we all know how most guys that age are, left to their own devices. It's not like they were two 60-something men living together. They were two 20-somethings, they had money and they liked to party. I suspect that house was a pit, and I wouldn't have wanted to clean it! Heh.
    But otherwise, yeah. It wasn't anything resembling a documentary. It was a dumpster fire.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Actually, the part about Don moving out because Glenn was a slob is probably one of the few truths in it! LOLOLOL. I mean, we all know how most guys that age are, left to their own devices. It's not like they were two 60-something men living together. They were two 20-somethings, they had money and they liked to party. I suspect that house was a pit, and I wouldn't have wanted to clean it! Heh.
    But otherwise, yeah. It wasn't anything resembling a documentary. It was a dumpster fire.
    Hi Pippin - how are things going. That move out occurred during the making of the HC album. Just MHO but I think it was more over the power struggle and control of the band. Glenn stated an interview I read in the 80's that he gave up too much and should not have done so. From OOTN on, Don was the lead vocalist. The no longer split the vocals like they did in the past. By 1976, it appears Glenn cleaned up his appearance. I believe it was about this time he began dating his first wife, who was a Texas deb from a wealthy cattle family. I think the sloppy house had nothing to do with it. Like I said, just MHO.