Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

To tell the truth. I don’t have all the albums. Only CDs I have are Eagles Live, hell freezes over, The Very Best of the Eagles, and LROOE. I would love to get this box set one day. I still want the HC box set. I would definitely want the book.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    To sum up: This has all been released before with the exception of Disc 12 and whatever photos and such are in the book that comes with it.

Disc 12 is the one with the Singles and B-Sides. Per the description:
    1. “Take It Easy” (Single Version)
    2. “Get You In The Mood” (Non-LP B Side)
    3. “Outlaw Man” (Single Version)
    4. “Best Of My Love” (Single Version)
    5. “One Of These Nights” (Single Edit)
    6. “Lyin’ Eyes” (Single Edit)
    7. “Take It To The Limit” (Single Edit)
    8. “Please Come Home For Christmas”
    9. “Funky New Year”
    10. “Hole In The World”

Now, "Please Come Home for Christmas" and "Hole in the World" have been released before on collections, but the single edits, "Funky New Year," and "Get You In the Mood" haven't been released before on CD (unless you count their special "Eagles Catalog" box set, which contains a cool "CD single" of PCHFC/FNY).

If I get it, and I probably will because I'm a completist, I'll get the bundle with the T-shirt.

(Yeah, I'll suck it up and deal with "Wonderful Union.")

A note about pre-ordering with Amazon: It is a risk. They are unreliable. If you're buying from Amazon, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.

I'll probably ask for it for Christmas from my parents. It's a bit pricey for me now!
    I pretty much feel the same, I would like the collection and I'd love to get LROOE on vinyl as well as the t-shirt but its very expensive for stuff I already have. We'll see.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I pretty much feel the same, I would like the collection and I'd love to get LROOE on vinyl as well as the t-shirt but its very expensive for stuff I already have. We'll see.
    Last year I asked my parents for the Hotel California re-release for Christmas. Now it will be this. These guys know what they're doing when they put it out in November.

If I don't get it then, it will be a while. Maybe Christmas 2019.... although they'll probably release something else then!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I think I'm going to pass on this for now. I already have everything on CD, but not on vinyl so that's what I'll get if I decide to purchase this. Now, why in the world don't they release a HOTE DVD? I think the fans would jump all over that!

And I agree about the Amazon pre-ordering - I've had nothing but bad experiences with it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Just announced on the Eagles Facebook page and web site:

https://www.eagles.com/news/297835

Comprehensive 12CD/DVD/Blu-ray Set Spans the Legendary Band’s Career with Seven Studio Albums, Three Live Albums, Singles, B-Sides, and Two Concert Videos

15LP Version Includes the Vinyl Debut of Millennium Concert

Both Versions Will Be Available on November 2

The Eagles created an indelible musical legacy over an extraordinary career that spans more than 40 years and includes six number one albums, more than a dozen Top 40 hits, and six GRAMMY Awards. This fall, LEGACY will bring together all the music that made the Eagles one of the best-selling bands in music history in one extraordinary collection.

Two versions of LEGACY will be available on November 2 and are available for pre-order here. The first has 12 CDs and includes all seven of the band’s studio albums, three live albums, and a compilation of singles and b-sides. It also includes two concert videos: Hell Freezes Over (DVD) and Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (Blu-ray).

A vinyl version of LEGACY will also be available the same day. It has all the music from the CDs on 15 LPs, but none of the videos. Both sets are housed in handsome slipcases and accompanied by a 54-page hardbound book that’s filled with rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork that encompasses the band’s entire career.

A limited number of exclusive Eagles LEGACY T-Shirt bundles are also available for pre-order in the official online store.

Grammy-winning mastering engineer Bob Ludwig remastered Hell Freezes Over and Millennium Concert especially for LEGACY. Both albums – along with several tracks from the Singles and B-Sidescompilation – are being released on vinyl for the first time ever as part of this collection, save for a small European vinyl pressing of Hell Freezes Over around its original release in 1994. In addition, the phenomenal double-album Eagles Live is making its long-awaited return to vinyl in this set after being out-of-print for decades.

LEGACY follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”

LEGACY
    CD/DVD/Blu-ray Listing

Eagles (1972)
    Desperado (1973)
    On The Border (1974)
    One of These Nights (1975)
    Hotel California (1976)
    The Long Run (1979)
    Eagles Live (1980)
    Hell Freezes Over (1994)
    Millennium Concert (2000)
    Long Road Out of Eden (2007)
    Single and B-Sides (2018 )
    1. “Take It Easy” (Single Version)
    2. “Get You In The Mood” (Non-LP B Side)
    3. “Outlaw Man” (Single Version)
    4. “Best Of My Love” (Single Version)
    5. “One Of These Nights” (Single Edit)
    6. “Lyin’ Eyes” (Single Edit)
    7. “Take It To The Limit” (Single Edit)
    8. “Please Come Home For Christmas”
    9. “Funky New Year”
    10. “Hole In The World”

DVD: Hell Freezes Over (1994)
    Blu-ray: Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (2005)

LEGACY
    LP Listing

Eagles (1972)
    Desperado (1973)
    On The Border (1974)
    One of These Nights (1975)
    Hotel California (1976)
    The Long Run (1979)
    Eagles Live – Double LP (1980)
    Hell Freezes Over – Double LP (1994)
    Millennium Concert – Double LP (2000)
    Long Road Out of Eden – Double LP (2007)
    Single and B-Sides (2018 )
    Is there any way to stream it or buy on iTunes?

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    To tell the truth. I don’t have all the albums. Only CDs I have are Eagles Live, hell freezes over, The Very Best of the Eagles, and LROOE. I would love to get this box set one day. I still want the HC box set. I would definitely want the book.
    I bought Eagles Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 and bought some of their single songs. However, in recent times I stopped buying their songs because now I can stream them on Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRyan454 View Post
    Is there any way to stream it or buy on iTunes?
    I think there will be. When you go to the page to pre-order (https://lnk.to/EaglesLegacy), it shows links to Apple Music and Spotify.

The real question is: will those rarities be available to buy / stream individually?

One thing I noticed about the book as I was looking at the pictures: they are the same size as whatever your product is - the one that comes with the CD is CD-sized and the one that comes with the LP is LP-sized. It's not like the Hotel California special release which came in a package that allowed for larger books. If you want the big one, you'll need to get the LP collection.

Stuck on the Border

I have all the original lp's from 1972-1980. I have greatest hits vol.1 in lp and cd , vol. 2 in cd and LROOE in cd. In addition, I also have the 40th annv. HC cd. I will not be purchasing this, at least for now. I wish they had released a CD/DVD of the HOTE Tour. We know they filmed each show. Bernie gave an interview a few years ago about studying films from each show for "mistakes". Most people do not want the same thing again. They want new stuff such as old concert footage from the 70's and HOTE released.

I have most of the albums on CD (I am missing their first album), plus HFO and the Millennium Concert, and HFO and the Melbourne concert on DVD, so I likely won't be getting this. I agree with New Kid, I want new stuff, not the same things released again. Concert footage from the 70s and HOTE would be awesome! The book would be nice, but it's not worth the money for me just for that.