Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: joe being inducted colorado music hall of fame

Border Rebel

Default Re: joe being inducted colorado music hall of fame

Thanks for the post, FreyFollower. I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Joe opened the show with 3 songs, I think. Some nice pics from the early days. The middle of the show consisted of songs recorded at Caribou Ranch, since it was also an inductee. My favorite of those was "An American Dream," with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The last part of the show was all about Dan Fogelberg. Lots of great pictures and Fogelberg history. In one pic, Dan is wearing an Eagles t-shirt. Dan's widow, Jean also appeared,at the show. She said "Happy birthday Dan," as the concert took place on August 13th, his birthday. Some songs were, "Part of the Plan" with his old band, Fool's Gold, "Nether Lands" with Johnnyswim, "Run for the Roses" with NGDB and Richie Furay. My favorite was "Phoenix", done by Garth Brooks. The show ended with Garth and most of the other performers on stage doing, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler." It was very sweet and brought me back to my concert days when Dan ended his shows with that song. The audience always sang the "let it shine" verse with our Bic lighters shining brightly.
    If anyone is interested in watching this show, it is going to be on again on Wednesday, July 18 at 9:00 and 11:30 pm, Eastern.

I managed to catch the last part with the tribute to Dan. It was lovely. Vince and Amy sang “Longer” and Amy sang one of her singles before that. It was nice seeing Richie perform, he can still sing well. When Garth sang “There’s a Place in The World for a Gambler” it was very moving. As My My said, there were some lovely pics in the backdrop and it was so cool to see everyone gathered together at the end.

I’m glad to hear it will be re-broadcast since I missed the beginning with Barnstorm.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for the info ladies. I missed it last night but will set it to record on Wednesday.

I'm heading to Denver in a week and a half for a conference. I want to visit the famous concert venue, the Red Rocks Ampitheatre and I found out the Colorado Music Hall of fame is at the Red Rocks. Looking forward to seeing the Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-31-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow, Shun, I would love to see the venue and museum! You'll have to tell us all about it! There is so much to see fairly close by, I hope time and the weather cooperate!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I checked the weather for that week, it’s going to be in the mid 40s and good weather. I’m hoping it stays that way since it’s 10 days out.

My most busy days at the conference are Sunday and Monday. I have a committee meeting that Wednesday of that week. So I can go either Tuesday, Thursday or after my committee meeting. Red Rocks is about 30 minutes away from Denver in Morrison. So it’s a short drive.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That's very cool, Shun. Hope you have a great trip.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016