Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Default Re: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Heck, I wouldn't even want photos and footage released where I look fat, much less doing embarrassing stuff! I can totally get that!

I was talking about interviews, music, concert videos, and non-embarrassing home movies like we see in History of the Eagles.... most especially the music and concert videos (for me at least).
    There are actually quite a lot of interviews out there, though video from the 70's is particularly rare. As for concerts, even though they claim there is nothing, there are more than 20 at the very least (17 we estimated). And from the 90's till today there will be more than a 100.

Release at least a few of 'em Don!
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Yeah , I can see that. I keep searching for photos and some videos of Glenn-especially from the 70's-that I don't already have. But , still. I respect their wishes, for whatever reason.
    Except sometimes they don't have any good reason for not releasing anything and even lie that they have nothing.

Fleetwood Mac releases demos, outtakes, and live material and fans eat it up. We love it, in all its imperfections.
    Exactly. Led Zeppelin, The Grateful Dead, Michael Jackson, etc. release more stuff than the Eagles do and touch it less as well. A fuller live experience is received as a result. It's really hard to trust Eagles stuff fully because they are just so shady with it. From overdubbing (they still do it today), to releasing performances from another concert when it is claimed to be one concert.

In fact, about Grateful Dead, they allow (legally!) fans to tape! Out of something a bit more than 23,000 shows, a bit over 22,000 were recorded. Meanwhile for us? Out of more than 30,000 shows, maybe a bit over 200! How sad!

Fleetwood Mac releases demos, outtakes, and live material and fans eat it up. We love it, in all its imperfections.
    It’s unbelievable how much more stuff they release out. Granted I believe some of the demos and the like have been destroyed but they definitely have something!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Except sometimes they don't have any good reason for not releasing anything and even lie that they have nothing.
    There are lots of reasons. Like who owns the copyrights, publishing rights for songs, hiring crew, editing, even the use of people's names. A lot of blood, sweat & tears and hard work goes into making a film. It's not just as easy as releasing footage to the public.
    And maybe they all just want to move forward.
    What we can hope for is a film of this latest tour with Deacon, Steuart, & Vince. Now THAT is a film I would love to see. Especially since i know I'll never get to a concert.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I could care less about the current line up. It's the old stuff I want to see!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I could care less about the current line up. It's the old stuff I want to see!
    Opinions.

Either way, don't expect it. If many of the fans' speculation is right, it's "below standards".

I also noticed an interesting thing: the most releases of the Eagles (I mean live recordings) were from the Hotel California tour.

Here's a list of official releases (excluding official studio songs). This is to the best of my knowledge. Please let me know if any errors crept in. This DOES NOT include any television broadcasts, because those are not authorized by the record label and/or the band (no BBC Concert, etc.):

Eagles LP till One of These Nights tours: None

Hotel California tour: 1976 The Forum (Eagles Live and Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition, 1977 Capital Center)

The Long Run tour- 1980 Santa Monica and Long Beach (Eagles Live)

Hell Freezes Over- 1994 Burbank (live album tracks excluding new tracks and DVD including new tracks)

Millenium Concert Series- 1999 Las Vegas (highly probable) and 1999 Staples Center (in Disc 4 in the Selected Works box set)

An Evening with the Eagles tour- None

Farewell I tour- 2004 Melbourne

LROOE tour till present- None

Now you may think it is insignificant. But I feel it is. Why? I just feel they released HC tour stuff the most because in the context of band standards, that tour's material was arguably the best (JMHO, maybe I'm completely missing the plot). I feel two of their official releases show this: Eagles Live, and HOTE's official footage release.

Eagles Live- They were in The Long Run tour. Yet, they chose to release HC tour stuff. Maybe just me, but I feel they did this because the quite a lot of TLR stuff did not meet the "standards". I feel this is something of significant implications.

HOTE- They could've released any other footage from any other (Desperado tour, OOTN tour, HFO tour, etc.) as the official video release as part of the documentary tour. But yet again, they chose to release HC stuff. Interesting. And in fact, for representing many other non HC songs (One of These Nights, Lyin' Eyes, Rocky Mountain Way) they chose to use this footage. I feel this is pretty important. But maybe I'm wrong. And also, sorry for the novel.

I also noticed an interesting thing: the most releases of the Eagles (I mean live recordings) were from the Hotel California tour.
    That's not surprising since the Hotel California era is by far the most marketable. The live audio we got was released alongside the 40th anniversary "Deluxe Edition" of the album. They hadn't done deluxe editions of any of the prior albums, presumably because they thought there wouldn't be a demand.

Hmm. I wonder if we'll get any more "Deluxe Editions" with accompanying live material now?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sad to say, they'll never release it. They are just so damn stingy it's unbelievable. Apparently, they were also planning to release 1994 Irvine and 1999 Staples Center video, only to be scrapped. They also have 1975 pro shot footage, something nobody other than them have right now. Point is, they are under Don Henley and Azoff now. Expect EXTREMELY sparse releases. I don't even know if they'll do anything at this point. They always claim to be empty, when in reality they have more than 100 pro shot concerts from the 70's till today, and plus who knows how many soundboards.
    If you don’t mind my asking, about how many pro shot concerts from the 70s are there and how do you know the Eagles have them?

And I didn't understand "Spread Eagle Fill-in-the-City" home videos tbh. Care for a clarification?
    The “Spread Eagle” videos are home movies taken by the band members (or possibly road crew members) of the various 3rd Encore parties.

Opinions.

This DOES NOT include any television broadcasts, because those are not authorized by the record label and/or the band (no BBC Concert, etc.):

An Evening with the Eagles tour- None

I feel this is pretty important. But maybe I'm wrong. And also, sorry for the novel.
    I have seen cds from last year’s Grand Ole Opry Concert for sale. It’s a really nice recording. However it’s not an official release—who knows in the future it could be.

Opinions.

Eagles Live- They were in The Long Run tour. Yet, they chose to release HC tour stuff. Maybe just me, but I feel they did this because the quite a lot of TLR stuff did not meet the "standards". I feel this is something of significant implications.
    I believe one reason the Live album included “Take It to the Limit” was b/c it was such a show-stopper and highlight of the concerts at the time. It would have been a grave omission to not have that critical part of the live experience on the album, even though it was obviously not performed during The Long Run tour. Also, AFAIK, the band did not tour with a string section for The Long Run album (someone correct me if I’m wrong). Therefore, the band used “Desperado” from the HC tour b/c you could hear the strings.

As far as using NKIT from the HC tour, I don’t really know why other than what you say, maybe it was just better than the Long Beach version.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Delilah, I thought the infamous home movies were filmed by Don H. That’s why they called him Nikon Don. Among other things.