Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor/King tour

Default Re: James Taylor & Carole King

Thanks for the fantastic review, ltl. Thrilled you had a good time!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks from me too, ltl. That was a great review and sounds like a fantastic show.

May have to give this some serious thought! Hmmm Z - what is the date of that Philly show?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

LTL, have I ever told you that you sure know how to review a show??!! That was great! And the part about giving your kids a bath was adorable.

I've seen JT once, about 7-8 years ago. He was good with lots of banter with the audience. He has a very dry sense of humor - I liked it. And I've always been a Carole King fan. I used to love looking at that picture of her on the front of the Tapestry album, wishing that were me, wearing what she's wearing, bare feet, curled up sitting in that room with that cat. What a great songwriter!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I used to love looking at that picture of her on the front of the Tapestry album, wishing that were me, wearing what she's wearing, bare feet, curled up sitting in that room with that cat.
    I do that now!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I do that now!
    Lol! Something about that picture is so cozy! And natural.

You make me feel like a natural woman...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Awe, thanks PM!

I just found something on youtube. (Troub, check it out- your guy is in there)

Also, they did this the first half of the show, I thought it was the later part... also, the song she was "really" getting down to was I Feel The Earth Move... this was her "flirty" song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4b_D4w8yQ&feature=related[/ame]

Okay, yeah... I want to be her even more now!

That was fantastic - what a cool stage. Thanks so much for posting, ltl. LOVED it.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 05-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Here's another one from LTL's show. Timeless song, and the intro is cute!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptFBW3ZEpLQ&feature=related[/ame]

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I agree, it was a cute story! It's funny watching the video's again, because I think I missed so much the first time around.

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I'm back from the show. I went to dinner w/friends and then we headed to the show. For some reason, they had police directing traffic and it was the biggest cluster! The show tix said start time was 7:30. I didn't even get IN the venue until 8:15, thanks to the wonderful traffic situation. Mind you, we were at dinner FIVE minutes away! I was not going to let that ruin my fun, as I knew they'd be playing for some time.

Unlike an Eagles show, I have no clue what the set list was, nor do I have pics. I was in the set of seats that I guess would be considered first tier. Too far for any pics. Instead, I tried to just take it in and expierence the show, w/out knowing what was next to come. When I got there, James was singing. Standing there looking all tall in his dress pants and dress shirt. I was wondering if he called Glenn for tips on how the "older" generation should dress.

The stage was awesome, it rotated! High above the stage were screens. It was so cool, because those circled the stage as well. I'm not doing the stage any justice, but trust me, it was cool! They did their thing and it was kinda subdued. They took a break and came back better then ever. Carole had changed into a white top w/a long whilte sweater over it, blue jeans and heels. James changed into jeans, a short sleeve shirt and his cap. This is when things got better. He'd sing one of his slow hits, she'd belt out a rockin' number. She was on the piano a lot, but she got up and sang too. She sang A Natural Woman and was all over that stage workin it! Jumping around in those heels, drawing the crowd it. When she was done, even JT stopped and clapped for her. He actually did this several times throughout the night. There was so much love and respect on that stage and it melted into the stands. They'd sing next to each other and she put her head on his shoulder and when the song was done, he'd kiss the top of her head. She talked about when she was starting out, how she worked w/different people. James would say, "yeah, but this is YOUR song, you really wrote it" It was cute. She sang another song and he did a handwriting motion and pointed to her, saying, "see, another great she wrote". He sang an old blues tune from his Flying Machine days. He was mimicing himself and other blues guys and acting silly. He did the duck walk like he was an old man and used his guitar as a cane. He's quite charming. He too was jumping around and seemed in great shape. I was so impressed with both of the them.

I was surprised by one song they did. See, every night my husband and I take turns helping one of the kids w/their bath. I always ask, who's mine to help tonight. Then I sing to them, "tonight your mine" It probably drives them crazy w/my horrible singing voice, but I do it anyway. Well, I was shocked to find out Carole wrote, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, for the Shirelles. When she started singing it, I started bawling like a baby! I hadn't seen my kids since this morning and I was really missing them... and then she sang that... that was the highlight of the show for me.

They sang so many songs, I can't recall them all. I do know they ended with, You've Got a Friend. When leaving the stage, James held Caroles hand and guided her to the stairs. They came back for an encore of Up On the Roof and I Feel the Earth Move. They left... the crowd began leaving and they came back again! This time, no band on stage, just the two of them sitting next to each other and him strumming the guitar. Her head on his shoulder at certain points again. I believe they sang, You Can Close Your Eyes. He kissed her on the top of her head again. They bowed and he led her by the small of her back to the stairs. The way he was so tender and gentle with her made my heart melt.

There was lots more, but that's the jist of it. If anyone has a chance to see them, it's so worth it!
    I know that this is a super old thread but I just wanted to tell you what a great review you wrote of the show. I saw James and Carole on that same tour in 2010 when I was in high school. They played Philadelphia twice and I went to both shows. I'm 23 now and I saw James a third time in 2015 at the Borgata in Atlantic City. I have loved James' music since I was three-ish but that's a story for another day. I love how you described his interactions with Carole King. They have the cutest friendship.