Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

Did you really expect AXL to sing with them after that crap that Steve Adler was saying?????Yeah, that was really going to make him want to play with him. Adler is an idiot. Sorry, but any chance of the reunion was blown by Steve. He needs to learn to keep his fat mouth shut.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I seriously don't believe you can blame Steven for this sh*t with Axl. Axl was an *ss LONG before Steven said anything. I feel the need to defend Steven. I know he's a mess and always has been but he's also one of the sweetest guys that's ever stepped into rock n roll. He really has never meant any harm, I believe. And is just happy to have been a part of this. Knows he screwed up big time and would like nothing else than to do it all over again. Of course he has nothing else going on other than his little band. He's almost childlike with his enthusiasm.

I know from reading all 3 book by Slash, Duff & Steven that there is one thing NONE of them disagree about and that's Axl's behavior through the GNR years---- none of them dispute his talent and for the most part they all said they liked him BUT all the crap he pulled with showing up late and such, they all had BIG issues with. They said (and I would think everyone would agree) that it was not only disrespectful to the other members of the band, management, venues, etc... but most disrespectful to the fans. Duff said it was out and out embarrassing to him. Not one of these guys claims to be innocent in all of the GNR drama but they all agree that they were appreciative of their fans which is something that Axl didn't and doesn't seem to be.

I won't say I figured there would ever be a reunion, I did hope so but pretty much knew if wasn't about to happen. That being said, I can honestly say after reading Axl's little letter last night, I felt my blood pressure shoot through the roof. Who the h*ll do you think you are? Seriously? It must be nice to think you are the rock n roll God to end all and have such a high opinion of yourself. Good, stay away from the ceremony and continue to tour with your little tribute band. I hope the other members that are there obey your wishes and don't speak your name or acknowledge that you were ever a member. That'll show them!!! And most of all, if and when I get back to the RNR HOF, I hope I don't see your name, image, etc... on the GNR display. It saddens me to say that because to me GNR was the greatest as a band of Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy but hey, that was the 80s and 90s. Most of us have grown up and moved on. Good luck to you Axl, I still think you have one of the best voices in rock n roll but you disappoint me.

Lizzy--and you thought you ranted on to long! But this band is something I'm very passionate about and feel I know something about. And for the record, I think you have a VERY VALID point about Axl. Like a child who needs attention, even if it's for bad behavior. Shame on him!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

No, of course I didn't. But, I don't think he ever had any intentions of doing so either. I agree about Steve opening his mouth, but never in a million years do I believe that incident alone was the sole reason for him not doing so. These are only my personal beliefs based on the Axl that I've made conclusions about (albeit through things I've read since I don't KNOW him personally). And, perhaps I am too soft-hearted, but I do feel sorry for Steven and I think the stroke has seriously damaged his brain and coupled with all of these other things, he can behave like a ticking time bomb.

It is just my opinion that, as I said previously, he has never had the intention of playing together with them, and after scrutinizing the constant media over about the situation, he and his lawyers (because I believe he had legal help crafting that letter) wrote this lengthy excuse of why he would not only be reuniting or joining ex Guns on stage but also why he wouldn't be attending and did not want to be inducted. That's OVERKILL to the nth degree. Yes, the RRHOF has/is becoming a joke, but it's still perceived as a somewhat lofty achievement in a musician's career and no matter how much rights he has to do what he wants and it's his life etc, he would not be THE Axl Rose of THE Guns N' Roses that made him who he is today without the FANS. I wholeheartedly believe that people who are successful (especially through fan driven avenues) do indeed owe us a certain amount of not thanks, but gratitude. And by that, at the very least, he could have said NO to a reunion playing but YES to accepting the award along side the very people who helped make him a household name and vice versa and in front of the millions of FANS who made this dream a reality for him. Without us, he's just another egotistical wannabe on a bus back to Indiana.

All that being said, I'm not like a lot of other people in that I don't even want him together again with Slash and Duff and the others. I did want to see them put differences aside and do like the Eagles did, be grown adult men, play a couple of songs, accept their awards and then keep on moving on.

But, that's just me. Now, I am looking forward to and hoping, that Slash, Duff, Steve and Izzy all show up and accept their inductions and I couldn't be happier or more excited for them!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

OMG-- Lizzy, are we sisters switched at birth?

LOL Funny that you mention that, but at age 23 I learned that I had a half-sister somewhere in the world. hehe Are you French by any chance??? I think her name is Monique but I have no clue how to find her. That's off topic... lol

I think we're just both passionate about the same things in this case especially. I've stated before, that GNR was THE important band of my lifetime and Slash is THE iconic rock god.

None of us knows what really happened between them, so I can't really comment on who is right or wrong or an asshole, whatever, but I just feel that Axl explained himself in his letter. If he wants nothing to do with the R&R HOF, that is his choice. Many feel that it is a joke anyway. I mean there is a huge roster of bands that should be in the R&R HOF and aren't.

Maybe I am not as big a fan of G&R as some of you are. I have only seen them live once, but it was an iconic show at the Ritz. To me Axl was the show & the main attraction of G&R. I can see some having a lot of devotion/ respect for Slash, but to me the others can easily be replaced, most especially Adler. I do feel sorry for him, as he has had the health issues, but he has especially lately publicly trashed Axl and the band.

Many have said it is disrespectful to the fans to not show up or perform at the induction, but Axl has never really respected the fans, so this is no shock to me.I don't really think it is a cry for attention from Axl.

I am not really defending him, but I can somehow understand it.

Had to post this picture here from the Golden Gods awards last night!! Love this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Had to post this picture here from the Golden Gods awards last night!! Love this!!!

I think I'm going to actually purchase this picture. I LOVE it. Rock and roll at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    None of us knows what really happened between them, so I can't really comment on who is right or wrong or an asshole, whatever, but I just feel that Axl explained himself in his letter. If he wants nothing to do with the R&R HOF, that is his choice. Many feel that it is a joke anyway. I mean there is a huge roster of bands that should be in the R&R HOF and aren't.

Maybe I am not as big a fan of G&R as some of you are. I have only seen them live once, but it was an iconic show at the Ritz. To me Axl was the show & the main attraction of G&R. I can see some having a lot of devotion/ respect for Slash, but to me the others can easily be replaced, most especially Adler. I do feel sorry for him, as he has had the health issues, but he has especially lately publicly trashed Axl and the band.

Many have said it is disrespectful to the fans to not show up or perform at the induction, but Axl has never really respected the fans, so this is no shock to me.I don't really think it is a cry for attention from Axl.

Of course nobody else can know what really happened besides the people who were actually there, but there are TOO many accounts readily available over the years that clearly show a repetitive pattern. The entire band's drug use and abuse is legendary. Nobody, including Slash, Duff and Steven has ever disputed their part in that increasing turmoil over the years. BUT, there are also many first hand accounts from fans, reporters, managers, roadies, assistants, media, fellow musicians and band members themselves that clearly document Axl's egomaniacal ways. It goes without saying that some stories will be misconstrued, words taken out of context and biases being written, but there are just too much written for all of it to be wrong. Axl is NOTHING without the members that made him who/what he is today. He had a God given talent in his voice and I believe he was creative and a visionary. But, he wanted to turn the band into something that they didn't want to be and wanted to go in a different direction than the rest of them sought. That along with the increasing differences, in-fighting, drugs and alcohol led to the ultimate break up. He's never had respect for the fans, the people who made him who he is. I hope that now, the rest of them will see him for what he truly is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I bet everything I have on the fact that he's seething inside at the respect and accolades that Slash receives on an almost daily basis. You're nothing, if you're not respected among your peers.

First, please understand TK, I am in no way fighting with you but I do like a healthy debate. We are all entitled to our opinions and I personally love reading every one's take on a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    If he wants nothing to do with the R&R HOF, that is his choice. Many feel that it is a joke anyway. I mean there is a huge roster of bands that should be in the R&R HOF and aren't.
    I am also one of those that feels the HOF is a great big fat joke and have stated it many times right here on this board. My 2nd favorite group of all time is still absent (The Cars) from it while some other groups/performers are there who can't even be considered RNR. Look at Rush, another obvious omission. Sorry off subject a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    I have only seen them live once, but it was an iconic show at the Ritz. To me Axl was the show & the main attraction of G&R. I can see some having a lot of devotion/ respect for Slash, but to me the others can easily be replaced, most especially Adler. I do feel sorry for him, as he has had the health issues, but he has especially lately publicly trashed Axl and the band.
    And what a huge show that one was!! I envy you, if that was the only show to see, you picked the right one!!! I can't even imagine. That's the most iconic show of GNR and they were in their heyday there!!

As far as replacements, obviously Adler---since he was the first and only to actually be "replaced" by Matt Sorum. Nothing against Matt, he did a fine job but I'm still a Steven girl because he was the original drummer and I loved watching him on those drums. He just moved with the whole drum set.

Now as far as him "trashing" Axl--- I just don't see it. Maybe he could of chosen his words differently but I actually agree with this statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adler
    “[Slash] wants to do it. I want to do it,” he reaffirmed. “Axl will probably want to play with his hack band — his band of hacks. ‘Axl and His Hacks’ — it shouldn’t even be Guns N’ Roses. He’s just driving that name into the freakin’ ground. ‘Axl and His Hacks.’”
    I seriously cannot take Axl serious with this band as GNR. THEY ARE NOT!! I don't understand how a band with only one original member (not counting Izzy because he wasn't with Axl at the time he started his new GNR run) can still be called that bands name. Is it just me? As for the talent the members have, I really don't know that much about them other than Izzy of course and DJ who I know from SixxAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat}Many have said it is disrespectful to the fans to not show up or perform at the induction,[B
    but Axl has never really respected the fans[/B], so this is no shock to me.I don't really think it is a cry for attention from Axl.

I agree he's never respected the fans. But doesn't that bother you? I mean we are the ones that made them what they are. I know I gave them my fair share of $$ over the years. How dare he not respect us!! Like Lizzy said, he could be right back here in Indiana (hey-that would be al' right also!)with me if it wasn't for people like us buying their records and seeing their concerts.

Like I said--I LOVE Axl as a performer but I think he has a lot to learn about being a decent human being.