Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

A couple of clips where Izzy performs with Guns'n'Roses years after his departure. When you look at the other guitarists in the first clip and then Izzy, it's rather obvious that he's not in the least interested in looking impressive and cool in front of big rock audiences.

(2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TycKxwS_vE

(2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSiJQqWCIY

(2012) Here Izzy looks like Russ Ballard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6JoFJXQcA

This was also interesting. Slash, Duff (Velver Revolver) and Izzy performing a G'n'R track. It's weird how Izzy's guitar is louder than Slash's. His guitar is very prominent in the choruses. Or maybe the VR guy plays Izzy's part too and together they busy Slash here and there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xydtQEARP4

I've always felt that the second verse in Pretty tied Up describes how Izzy felt about the band at the time. What he felt they had become or were about to become. Incidentally I've always thought that Izzy had nothing to do with Paradise City in terms of writing, but I saw a video recently where Slash says the "so far away" bit was Izzy's
    Last edited by chaim; 01-05-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm not too excited about the reunion. I do consider myself a GnR fan, but to be honest, I think that Axl's voice is beyond shot. I heard him live on a youtube video a while back, and I could barely listen to him. I do think that it's cool that the beef between Axl and Slash has been resolved for the time being, though. Also, I would prefer it to be the original 5 who made the Appetite for Destruction album.
    I think his voice has gotten better in the last couple years compared to the awful concert everyone makes fun of when he was out of breath and couldn't sing.

TBH, to me GNR is Axl and Slash. That's just the way I feel. Same for Aerosmith - Steven and Joe. I'm not saying the others aren't important but with GNR I feel like they had their chance to join but decided not to. The show must always go on, why stop the train for 1 or 2 people.

Also, I think the UYI lineup is equally good and an underrated record.

For me, this is like the old argument of no Journey without Steve Perry. Again, Steve decided he wanted to take a break. HIS choice. And again, you can't stop for just one person if everyone else wants to continue. So you get a new singer who does the part well. Or the argument of Lynyrd Skynyrd not being Lynyrd Skynyrd because of only one original member. They still rock live and they are still legally Lynyrd Skynyrd. Good enough for this guy.

I go to these shows and have a blast. IMO I'm just not that picky about it being all original. If that were the case I would have never seen the Eagles without Don Felder. That said, as long as my faves are there, I'll be there, as in the case of if Aerosmith got rid of Joe Perry, I wouldn't be there.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm not sure if this is an early April Fool's joke, but it's being floated about that Axl will replace Brian Johnson as the singer for AC/DC's remaining tour dates.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-hearing.html

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NMB, I saw that on Fb too. Surely not! I can't think anyone would want that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Welcome to the Highway to Hell. (I can't picture this working out well!)

To Angus Young,

Since your brother Malcolm can't play anymore, and it looks like Brian Johnson won't be able to either, perhaps it's time to consider retiring the band. You've had an amazing run that has lasted over 40 years!

Sincerely,

Millions of AC/DC fans worldwide.

(This seems to be the consensus on Facebook)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm one of the people who is left holding tickets from the band's postponed dates. I think pairing up with Axl would be an interesting experiment. I don't know what frame of mind he's in these days though. Still mad? For awhile there, he was extremely erratic: not showing up for concerts, inciting riots when he did show up, etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I saw this too and just seems strange to me. I thought Guns N'Roses were going on tour again too. I agree and think AC/DC should retire as well since Brian can't.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm late on this but I was a lucky one who saw the band on one of their last shows before this went down.

I love Axl's voice and if you've watched any of the recent footage from the reformed Guns, his voice is back and strong as ever and he's lost a lot of weight.

But he isn't AC/DC. I'm more of a Brian era AC/DC fan anyway, so it's a no go for me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-confirmed/

Well it's confirmed, Axl's in AC/DC.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

but why though? I mean.... that's all I have.