Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Top 100 Albums

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Your Top 100 Albums

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Always feels good to see a couple of Randy Newman albums on someone's list. I'm sure Little Criminals would have been on that list even if Glenn Frey hadn't been heavily involved.
    Yes, it would have been, because I love the album, regardless of Glenn being on it. I also could have included Trouble In Paradise.

Come on Toni, we want to see your list! And Soda, I'd like to see your Top 10!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I found an interesting Top 100 list today which I wanted to share. I initially considered putting this in the ‘Eagles Mentions in the Press’ thread, but I decided to post this here as it is directly relevant to this topic. These types of list always interest me, obviously there are things I agree and disagree about but it’s interesting to see other people’s views.

There is a UK radio station called Absolute Radio which recently asked their listeners to vote for their favourite albums to make up a list of the Top 100 Greatest Albums of all Time. The poll was only open to people in the UK, so it is somewhat biased towards British bands/artists. Happily, there was room for the Eagles on the list, albeit only for Hotel California which placed 33rd on the list. I’d have put it higher myself, but it is comfortably in the top 50 and there aren’t that many albums by American bands on the list.

You can read the full list here (http://absoluteradio.co.uk/competiti...s/results.html), but if you just want to see the top ten albums, they are as follows:
    1. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
    2. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
    3. Guns N' Roses – Appetite For Destruction
    4. Adele – 21
    5. Meatloaf – Bat Out Of Hell
    6. Queen – A Night At The Opera
    7. David Bowie – The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
    8. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
    9. The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    10. Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin IV

The list has some inclusions (in the top ten and elsewhere) that I think will please those of you who've posted lists in this thread! I’m very happy with the top two personally. I absolutely love Rumours, and what can I say about the number one album?

Interestingly, the radio station did a very similar poll back in 2012 – it was titled ‘The Best Albums of All Time’ but the format was virtually identical. Dark Side of the Moon was again in top spot, but the rest of the list differed somewhat. Hotel California was again the only Eagles album on the list, although back then it only managed 38th so it managed to move up five places in the more recent list! Rumours also did better in the more recent poll, as it wasn’t in top ten in 2012. I’ve provided a link to this list as well (http://absoluteradio.co.uk/feature/c...ime/index.html), but I prefer the 2016 list.

Stuck on the Border

I am pleased for Face Value & So, but not pleased that there was no Genesis. The high placing of Brothers In Arms was good to see. Also pleased to see Out Of The Blue there.

I couldn't get that program to work.... My favorite album is "Dark Side of the Moon" but it's hard for me to pick out albums. A great album can have many great songs, but a few bad ones. I consider a song as an album. My favorite albums are by my favorite bands. I can't think of too many cases where there's a great album by a band low on my list.

Pink Floyd
    The Beatles
    The Doors
    Supertramp
    Led Zeppelin
    The Who
    Steely Dan
    Eagles
    ELO
    David Bowie
    Fleetwood Mac (especially the Peter Green-Danny Kirwan era)
    Rolling Stones
    The Stylistics
    Neil Young
    Black Sabbath
    Jimi Hendrix
    Bob Dylan

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

If you want, I can make the chart for you. If you have a list of albums then you can PM me the list and I'll recreate it exactly as you specified using the software. I think it's worth the effort, the resulting chart is much nicer to look at than. I've joined Photobucket in the last couple of months so I can post the list myself now !

Just noticed that my list (only a top 50 for now) is showing as 'photo not found', so I'll repost it:

This is the same list as before, although just four months on I have to say I'd make a few tweaks to this. Hopefully I'll feel able to tackle a top 100 sooner rather than later - just need to listen to a few more really good albums first!

Stuck on the Border

Sorry JCL, that was because I took it out of my Photobucket. I didn't think this thread would be revived so I took my own list out too. I don''t know whether to do it again or not & include more Genesis albums now that I have heard them. I think it's too soon to know, to coin a phrase.

I will repost my own list: