Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Totally my issue as well.

I didn't get along with my peers growing up, the kids thought I was different and treated differently than them because I'm disabled and so they got jealous and I was bullied severely so I grew up being anti-social and not liking real social interaction. I became a hermit and kept to myself, and still do.

Online is so easy to do, so easy to fake confidence or social skills. Hence why it's my drug. It feels comfortable and I don't have that painful feeling I get when I have to interact with people I don't know well.
    That sounds almost like me, even the disabled part(mild cerebral palsy). I'm lucky that bullying never happened at my school(apart from the occasional "four eyes" taunt). I was the nerd, but I didn't do much talking. I kept to myself. I wasn't popular, but not exactly an outcast. I felt comfortable at school.
    It was at home where the anti-social/hermit thing begin to form. My mom was my bully, verbally and emotionally. It got worse after my dad died to point where now, I usually only leave the house to go to a few places.That's why I'm dreading trying to attend college. I honestly don't think that I can handle it. I nearly had a panic attack when reading the housing info of the local college a few days ago! I'm still living with my mom, and it's not a great situation, so I'm torn. I have been for nearly a year. (Any therapy or anything to try and help me cope is not possible while under my mom's roof).
    That's where the online thing comes in. Online, I feel that I'm among friends. People who won't judge me because of my checkered past. People who care. I've had more support from online friends than from my own family and the people I know in real life. That speaks volumes, doesn't it?

*I apologize if I took this thread way off course. I've only been to one concert. I don't remember much about it. (I was eight), so I can't comment on the photo/phone policy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Kim, are you starting college this fall?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Kim, are you starting college this fall?
    No. The main reason being is because, I've yet to take either the ACT or SAT or the Compass test for the local school I'm looking at. I'll need to take one before I apply. It'll be at least Spring 2016, I'm sure.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/29/sorry...-concerts.html

This pisses me right off as an Apple iPhone user. If they do this, I will happily go Android.

I fully believe in taking as many pics and even small videos as you want and posting to social media. I also believe in streaming on Spotify and YouTube. The minute a tech company starts to help a bunch of fuddy duddy stick-in-the-mud artists is the day I no longer use that company.

They should be thankful we are posting their photos and videos on social media, it generates interest and it makes more people want to see them. It's all beneficial. It's exposure, nonetheless. And it's the wave of the future. I'm all for everyone being addicted to their phones and I don't personally see an issue here.

Even the fact Apple is trying to do this is already making me think about how to go Apple-free in MY household.

I don't care if the artist is tired of seeing a sea of phones. If that's how PAYING consumers what to spend their time, that's their right given to them with paying the tickets.

Apple will definitely be getting a letter from Mr. Austin ASAP with a threat of leaving the company in the dust in favor of Google. I already support Google in the backlash of people saying YouTube is so bad (like DH has done lately). I think it's the future and it's up to the artist to find a way to get these companies to pay them without removing free content for us fans. I have no problem with freemium content. Freemium means a free tier with advertising and paying to remove said advertising (premium tier). People like Taylor Swift drive me nuts. She could generate even more listens to her music if she'd put it back on Spotify. She would gain more than she says.

Anyway. I'm totally against Apple here and I think they are just pandering to a bunch of young and old rebellious artists who are just living in a dream world or stuck in the past. If it comes down to it, I will quit supporting and listening to said artists if they remove my right to take pics at a show or remove their music from streaming services, OR, if I find them using Apple's feature at their concerts. It's that simple. I don't care how much I like their music. It's something I'm very passionate about - promoting smartphone use, modern technology, and supporting social media as a way of the future, and for some of us, a replacement for in-person interaction. I'll forever be an advocate for that stuff. And when it comes down to it, I'm willing to ditch a few things I like/love in the name of doing so.

And all of this is coming from a life long Apple devotee and someone who uses nothing but Apple for computers, tablets, phones, and mp3 players since I was little. But that could change in a New York Minute (to ironically quote DH here).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The only thing is, if Apple does it the others will eventually follow suit.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    The only thing is, if Apple does it the others will eventually follow suit.
    If that happens I'll just smuggle in a tiny digital camera and move them to my phone for social media. Or use a disposable one and scan them in and put them on that way. I'll buck the system somehow! lol

Lol, Austin!

I know I'm late on this, but what is even more disturbing about this Apple patent is that it's exactly the kind of "Big Brother" control that we all fear. Powerful lobbyists decide what they want, they pressure Apple, and Apple enforces their will. What's next?

Most police don't like you filming them. If Apple were to come under pressure from police groups, what's to stop them from patenting something that wouldn't allow you to film if a police scanner, easily detectable by the phone, was within a certain range? There are myriad examples of how this type of control could be abused easily in even more serious ways.

It's possible Android will follow suit... or it's possible Apple's monopoly, already diminishing, will fall further. That would be nice, actually! It's already happening elsewhere. Their attempts to prevent customers from playing music bought at the iTunes store on non-Apple devices caused me - and many others - to start purchasing my music from Amazon.

Also, how would it differentiate between those performers who are OK with recording and those who are not? Venue policies always say "no recording" but leave room for artists to override it. Many struggling artists WANT the exposure. I guess they're just screwed if this goes forward; their needs will be overridden by the powerful and wealthy artists who no longer need promotion.

Finally, while it will certainly decrease instances at least in the short term, Austin is right. There are always workarounds for the determined, and rogue programmers who will be happy to develop apps which "fool" the device.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am sure some of us remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSrN5b3fRnM

In Axl's defense there was a no flash photography rule and the guy was clearly breaking it. Heck even the band's manager ask security several times to take it before Rocket Queen. Also they were supposed to go back on but off course that did not happen and Axl's role was completely justified.

Though I can see better security at various Don Henley shows. Walsh doesn't mind it. Felder loves it lol.

Though can you Imagine someone like Don jumping into the crowd?

OMG, Axl was a man before his time there!