Page 65 of 113 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

In the 60's tonight. Now I will be fighting with the pool until we close it up for the season. I am so not ready for those long cold nights.

Honestly never knew turkeys could fly but then again I never had any take up residence in my backyard before either. This past spring there had to be over 200 of them in the field behind my house. I guess there was a ton of dried corn leftover from the prior season.
    Now I have a deer family that has been here for years. They are so used to us by now they don't even move when we pull into the driveway. A few years ago I had to call game control when this idiot with a gun came into MY YARD to "thin the herd". Not on my property you don't & not next to my house. Yes I did press charges. They are wildlife which is all well & good but nope don't aim a my house.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Wet, but kind of cool here. Waiting to see what path Tropical Storm Erika takes. If it stays east, it'll probably just give us some beneficial rain. If it goes on a more western path, there will be more than just rain. It'll hit Florida around Monday and my area around Tuesday or Wednesday.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thankfully hot for this week. Sad, by this time next month my flip flops will be replaced by Uggs.
    Sorry but I am a summer girl. It can never be too hot for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Back to the oven for us this week with highs in the 90's and lows in the 70's.

I kinda liked that cool fallish weather last week. We even roasted hot dogs and made s'mores at the fire pit Friday evening!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, Erika disipated and my area didn't get any rain or anything. Temps are back to normal, high around 90, low 70-75.
    -Kim-

Cooler weather has prevailed but no rain. We need moisture. The cold front is coming through this weekend, of course just in time for us to sand and stain our new deck, LOL. But if it brings moisture ok. Fall is in the air for sure. Our Farmers Almanac has reported little to no snow this winter. If that holds true, we are in trouble for fires next year. We still have some smoke from the current ones burning. On last friday the air quality was so poor you were suppose to wear a mask. Choking in the Rocky Mountains, have a lovely evening.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Cooler weather has prevailed but no rain. We need moisture. The cold front is coming through this weekend, of course just in time for us to sand and stain our new deck, LOL. But if it brings moisture ok. Fall is in the air for sure. Our Farmers Almanac has reported little to no snow this winter. If that holds true, we are in trouble for fires next year. We still have some smoke from the current ones burning. On last friday the air quality was so poor you were suppose to wear a mask. Choking in the Rocky Mountains, have a lovely evening.
    DJ, so sad to hear this about the fires and smoke, and maybe, potentially, more next year. I'll hope the Almanac is having an "off" year and you'll get the moisture you need. Take care. LT

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, DJ, the Old Farmers Almanac for us says snow for us this winter. Boo! I will try to send some of it back to you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well, DJ, the Old Farmers Almanac for us says snow for us this winter. Boo! I will try to send some of it back to you!
    Well, Brooke, I guess that means that I'll be getting snow again too. I usually enjoy the first snow of the season and then I'm about over it, like you.

I don't know what the almanac has predicted for my area. I just know that snow isn't likely to be in the forecast! . (I would like a few inches, though. The most I've seen was back in '09, 3 inches. That was the most that had fallen since a rare blizzard back in the 70s)

I have my family reunion this weekend(mom's side). It looks like the weather will decent for it, albeit sorta hot, but fall won't be in the air until October probably.

DJ, here's hoping that you get some snow this year and that the smoke doesn't get thicker!
    -Kim-