Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

I would like to know if any Borderers who follow NFL are aware of this:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-sport...31-gjc46g.html

or is it a classic example of Australians working themselves into a frenzy about nothing. I fully expect a reaction of 'nah, never heard of him'. So here is some background. Jarryd Hayne was a rugby league player for the Parramatta Eels who I thought was vastly overrated. He is now trying out for the San Francisco 49ers and had a couple of good runs in pre-season games. We were breathlessly informed that he would either 'make the cut' or he wouldn't & now we find he has made the final 75 but not the final 53 yet.

As I say I would be interested to know if any Americans are even aware of this.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I haven't had time to follow the NFL preseason news so I wasn't aware of it. However, I'm fairly certain that any NFL fan here that does follow the league closely would know about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I wasn't aware of him. I mostly have been keeping up with college football and the Falcons. None of the sports reports have mentioned him to my knowledge. I haven't seen a 49ners game on the tv yet. (Most stations carry the local NFL team(s).) I wish him the best on making the team or being signed by waivers.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Forgive me, but I must say something about the horrible losses my Braves suffered last night and today. Last night's lost was an actual loss of a life. A man fell from the upper deck of Turner Field and was killed. My thoughts are with his family, as are the thoughts and prayers of all of Braves country.

Now, on to the game. Today's game was horrible, although the Braves did attempt a comeback only to blow all chances the next inning! The final score: New York Yankees- 20 Braves-6. That's a freaking football score, not a baseball score! As one fan put it, for pre-season football losing by 2 touchdowns ain't too bad, but for baseball? That's an as$ whooping! What the heck happened Braves?! Maybr last night's accident affected them or something.

Not to mention my high school football team lost 53-6 Friday night. Not a good weekend for sports for me.

That was really sad about the gentleman who fell from the stands.

As to 20-6, try being no hit 2 times in 10 days with a $300 million payroll.
    To be fair the Braves did trade away a good deal of their team. What I wouldn't give to have Kimbrel in my bullpen/

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    That was really sad about the gentleman who fell from the stands.

As to 20-6, try being no hit 2 times in 10 days with a $300 million payroll.
    To be fair the Braves did trade away a good deal of their team. What I wouldn't give to have Kimbrel in my bullpen/
    Don't even get me started on the trades the Braves have made. Heyward, Kimbrel, Chris Johnson, the Upton brothers (although BJ wasn't that good), Johnny Gomes, Tim Hudson, Evan Gattis (I'm sure that I'm forgetting some). They traded away every great player except Freddie Freeman and Andelton (sp?) Simmons. What was the upper management thinking?!
    At this rate, the Braves may have the worst record in baseball for 2015. Over 100 losses predicted. Tonight's score is already Florida (oops Miami) Marlins 3- Braves 0 in the 4th.

I've been raised a diehard Braves fan. I've decided to give up watching them this year and hope for better year next year.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm loving having Heyward with us this year! He has really stepped up! Hubby went to last night's game with the Nats and wow, what a game! Win-8-5!

Go Cards!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I'm not sure this is the correct forum because this is only sports related and not about anything sensational. Adam Duritz and Counting Crows (opening act Toad The Wet Sprocket) had a concert scheduled in Columbus, OH on Monday, Sept. 7th at 8:00 pm at the Lifestyles Communities Pavilion. A decision has been made to move the concert time to 4:00 pm so it will not "interfere" with The Ohio State University vs Virginia Tech opening football game scheduled for 8:00 pm. The concert venue has also announced that it will remain open after the concert and show the game on a large high-def screen for anyone who purchased concert tickets. This decision has resulted in an increase in ticket sales for the concert. A lot of people are now wondering if a sporting event should be allowed to determine or influence the timing of other events like rock concerts? What do you think?

Well I was at a Pirates game last month. We bought tickets in December for a 7:05 PM Saturday night game. It was very fortunate that I happened to check the schedule 2 days before because the game was moved to a 4:05 start because there was an OAR concert at the stadium after the game. If I hadn't wanted to see the Dodgers schedule to see who would be pitching we would have missed most of the game. That would have sucked because those tickets were expensive!

Going to a Yankees AAA game tonight.

My Dodgers swept the Giants and have a 6.5 game lead. Their bull pen blew yet another lead which is why I wish we had Kimbrel. New kid Corey Saeger played his first game with the big squad, went 2-4 with 2 rbi & 2 runs scored. I don't see this team getting to the WS. Then perhaps ownership will fire the manager & take his hitting coach with him.

The Who Dat Nation suffered yet another agonizing defeat yesterday in Philadelphia. Quite a bit of feuding between Sean Payton and the assistant coaches and Drew Brees' dispute with a ref just added to the disastrous loss against the Eagles. (Not a fun band reminder, BTW.) 'Dem Saints' have only a few more chances at redemption before this season turns into another disappointing lost cause. Where's my Schwegmann's bag?
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Dare I mention that my Falcons are now 5 and 0. (5-0)? After last year's disappointing season, I'm honestly shocked. Our new head coach is doing his job very well, although yesterday's game was a nail bitter. It ended up going into overtime, and the Falcons won it because of an interception that was ran all the way into the end zone.

I'm ready for Thursday night's game against the Saints. If the Saints are doing as bad as you say they are, I expect a Falcons victory.
    -Kim-