Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

I just remember. Both Stevie and Joe were at the Grammys on Sunday. I wonder if they said hello to each other.

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Question Re: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Is it just coincidence there is a song called "Dreams" on Rmw and one called the same by Fleetwood Mac? Joe and Stevie were quite heavy i heard Joe say in a Howard Stern interview on youtube.
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

No coincidence. Joe wasn't with Stevie until '83. Joe's Dreams is '73 & Stevie's is '76.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

A few days ago, a 1994 interview with Stevie Nicks was posted on Ivory Keys. About 5 minutes in on the first track, she says that Joe inspired the song "Love is Like a River" - she says about it:
    "Well, that song is about one of the stranger male rock stars in the world today. And even though he's just a pain in my neck for years, when I think about him, I have to laugh. And when I think about him, I have to almost laugh so hard, I'm almost gonna cry, because the good things about our relationship always remain to me. And there were so many bad things about it... and I was so miserable and so upset and so heartbroken.

But at the same time, when I think about it, I think about, "Well, yeah, he used to call me wicked. I used to call him friend. He said that MY life was hard to deal with... 'Compared to what? YOUR lifestyle? YOUR LIFESTYLE? You're telling me MY lifestyle is completely crazy and screwed up? What about YOU?'"

But see, there's a double standard in rock'n'roll. It's not OK for me; it's perfectly perfect for all of them.

And so that's, you know, when I write my songs, I try to have... to end up with hope. Because if I can't end up with hope, then they'll kill me. Then I'm gonna go down in the onslaught, you know. So I try to at least reflect on that fact that yes, when I look back on his and my relationship, I do have to smile to myself, and go, "God, you know, there was some... such cool moments between him and me... that I'll never ever do that again. That will never be repeated. That was a first."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very pretty!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I've been watching this discussion and listening to some interviews. First of all, I want to discount that notion that Joe was possibly using Stevie for just sex. No. That would be way too much work! Remember, a guy like Joe could pick up countless women on any given night without making any effort at all. In fact, the effort was fighting them off! Although beautiful and talented, Stevie was needy, and likely tended to over-romanticisize things and likely over-analyze people and situations as well. She and Joe likely had deep conversations and many simularities, especially in the realm of heavy drug use. In the end, he may have tired of her over-scrutinizing everything and she may have tired of his flippant attitude, but who knows? I think he did love her and respect her, at the time, for what it was worth, however. As far as admitting it to Howard Stern, no, he is too dignified now, and too nice, to go down the road of lurid details, as HS would have wanted. And, it was so many years ago, and yes, Marjorie was likely sitting right there. So in spite of HS drooling for lusty details, Joe would not go there, and good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Nursesusan View Post
    I've been watching this discussion and listening to some interviews. First of all, I want to discount that notion that Joe was possibly using Stevie for just sex. No. That would be way too much work! Remember, a guy like Joe could pick up countless women on any given night without making any effort at all. In fact, the effort was fighting them off! Although beautiful and talented, Stevie was needy, and likely tended to over-romanticisize things and likely over-analyze people and situations as well. She and Joe likely had deep conversations and many simularities, especially in the realm of heavy drug use. In the end, he may have tired of her over-scrutinizing everything and she may have tired of his flippant attitude, but who knows? I think he did love her and respect her, at the time, for what it was worth, however. As far as admitting it to Howard Stern, no, he is too dignified now, and too nice, to go down the road of lurid details, as HS would have wanted. And, it was so many years ago, and yes, Marjorie was likely sitting right there. So in spite of HS drooling for lusty details, Joe would not go there, and good for him!
    Marjorie was married to someone else at the time. He was married to his 3rd wife at the time. Marjorie is wife #5. My answer to the Joe & Stevie thing? Cocaine is a hell of a drug and I understand she had the best.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Joe didn't need Stevie's help to find the cocaine, that's for sure!

I'm just glad both he and Stevie have cleaned up their acts. Stevie stopped using in the mid-80s, not long after she broke off the relationship with Joe.