Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles musical: "Hotel California"

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles musical: "Hotel California"

I remember Glenn saying that he expected to have the musical on by 2015. He said they'd have the DVD out hopefully by Christmas of this year, tour again in the new year and then have the stage show as the next project but it'd take time and he used a two-year timetable.

I'll try and find the interview where he made these statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As far as we know it's a Broadway show, not a movie, at least not at this early stage of proceedings.
    Yeah, I know. I was just saying that Mamma Mia was made into a movie so perhaps someday HC would be too, and that's when I would see it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

So, they have what they call in Broadway vernacular The Book. There's still a lot of work to do, and they're about a year and a half away from finishing it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I have to say, a broadway musical does NOT excite me in the least. I hope this doesn't affect the DVD - which DOES excite me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

All of our concerns about the Eagles DVD not happening may have been for not....This article about Joe was published yesterday.. from what he says here it looks like the Eagles documentary is still a go and almost done!

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...iversary-tour/

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I have to say, a broadway musical does NOT excite me in the least. I hope this doesn't affect the DVD - which DOES excite me.
    I am in complete agreement. Other bands and albums lend themselves better to a musical than HC in my opinion.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Was telling hubby about this last night and he started laughing. My first instinct was to but then I actually thought about how ludicrous this really does sound. Again my opinion, but as much as I love my Eagles, this just seems so far out there. And I'm probably just over thinking it all but with so many dates in Las Vegas and this musical thing, they just seem to be going in such totally different directions any more from what the rock n roll Eagles "should" be doing. Does that make sense to anyone else here? I guess, bottom line, I don't want them to become some "lounge act".
    You said it best Willie. I completely agree here!

I didn't care for the movie Mama Mia either and can't imagine what HC would be like at all. Even on Broadway. Just weird to me.

Now the dvd is something I would love! Let's have that guys!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Glenn states in this Australian interview that I just received in a google alert that the DVD is done. He doesn't mention the musical. (I'll also post it in the After Hours thread.

http://www.wsfm.com.au/shows/jonesy-...3-october-2012

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Future Eagles Projects

As posted by Fastlane a radio show had a summary of an interview with Don (starts at 6:30).

The gist was that Glenn is "spearheading" the exploration of a stage musical while Don and Joe tour. The success of the documentary was a wake-up call: "How else can we exploit this catalogue?"

No surprises, and a bit disappointing that Glenn seems to be in "executive" mode rather than working on new material.

I believe most of us would like them to exploit their catalogue by issuing more old concert footage. Or maybe a version of the HFO MTV concert with all the songs that didn't make the final cut. Even just nice, clean releases of the BBC and Kirshner concerts.

Banned

Default Re: Future Eagles Projects

I've no interest at all in a stage musical. As far as I know, it's a painfully slow development process, even without adding an Eagles metabolism to it.

Starting with a writer approaching the band with a storyboard idea. if that's excepted they'll spend a few years kneading it into an entertaining script then they go through a process of recruitment and staging then a period of pre-production. The end product will be stage school types singing the Eagles back catalogue with show time accompaniment.

The Eagles would have little involvement beyond providing the inspiration, unless, for any one who has seen the 2013, Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson film, Saving Mr. Banks, about the Making of Mary Poppins, Glenn is doing a P.L. Travers and steering the process in the right direction.

If the Eagles musical is as good as Mary Poppins, it'll be worth a look although the Eagles song book doesn't contain a bunch of cheery, up-tempo, life affirming, show tunes.

I hope that, after spending some time in the stage musical environment, Glenn will be desperate to get back to making music with the career musicians he's worked with all his life.