Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles musical: "Hotel California"

Default Re: Eagles musical: "Hotel California"

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, this thread is a year old, but according to Glenn this thing's almost "ready to rock."
    I had never seen this thread before and thought it must be a joke!...wow...was there something in the news today about it?
    I'm not sure how I feel about it but my gut reaction is ...I don't like the idea...but we can only hope for the best I guess and wait.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I had never seen this thread before and thought it must be a joke!...wow...was there something in the news today about it?
    I'm not sure how I feel about it but my gut reaction is ...I don't like the idea...but we can only hope for the best I guess and wait.
    There is some mention of it here. Glenn apparently talked about it during his current Australian promotional visit.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...559#post195559

I didn't see Mamma Mia on Broadway but that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen....... So you think it will be some made up story with Eagles songs in the show.......I don't like the sound of that. I would rather it be like Jersey Boys, the Four Seasons story, Now I am really scared about this show!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Was telling hubby about this last night and he started laughing. My first instinct was to but then I actually thought about how ludicrous this really does sound. Again my opinion, but as much as I love my Eagles, this just seems so far out there. And I'm probably just over thinking it all but with so many dates in Las Vegas and this musical thing, they just seem to be going in such totally different directions any more from what the rock n roll Eagles "should" be doing. Does that make sense to anyone else here? I guess, bottom line, I don't want them to become some "lounge act".
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Was telling hubby about this last night and he started laughing. My first instinct was to but then I actually thought about how ludicrous this really does sound. Again my opinion, but as much as I love my Eagles, this just seems so far out there. And I'm probably just over thinking it all but with so many dates in Las Vegas and this musical thing, they just seem to be going in such totally different directions any more from what the rock n roll Eagles "should" be doing. Does that make sense to anyone else here? I guess, bottom line, I don't want them to become some "lounge act".
    I agree with you on this. I don't like where this is all going either, but lets face it. They are probably going to do one more big tour, the 40th Anniversary Tour & that will be it. Maybe a few Vegas gigs here & there, but they are all approaching 65, so my guess is that this Broadway thing, & the DVD is to bump up the retirement funds. How much longer do you think they are going to want to tour? They may do some solo gigs. Don will probably tour his new album when it releases, & maybe Tim will do another album, which he says he's been working on, but I really don't see much after that, other than some random guest appearances.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, the DVD is definitely a bigger treat to look forward to; the musical might be good (and I wish it great success) but it's not the REAL Eagles. The DVD, on the other hand, is chock full of real-Eagle-goodness.

Perhaps one project isn't really slowing the other, though, in the sense that if Rita Wilson has the musical in hand they can still focus on the DVD even as the musical moves forward.
    Yeah - I agree with you here, Soda; plus they are certainly capable of muti-tasking. I learned a pretty long time ago not to try to predict this band's moves - and most of the time, I'm pleasantly surprised by what they do. They aren't perfect, but based on past history, I think they have pretty good instincts more often than not so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of their future projects.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - I agree with you here, Soda; plus they are certainly capable of muti-tasking. I learned a pretty long time ago not to try to predict this band's moves - and most of the time, I'm pleasantly surprised by what they do. They aren't perfect, but based on past history, I think they have pretty good instincts more often than not so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of their future projects.
    they're not perfect?..why did you have to tell me?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I was just kidding, zelda.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    It makes sense to me, because that's exactly what I've been thinking. I don't want to begrudge them what they want to do, it's just that the things they are choosing to do are not interesting to me. Mamma Mia, the movie, didn't do much for me, but I would watch Hotel California, the movie, if they make it into one. Just out of curiosity.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    It makes sense to me, because that's exactly what I've been thinking. I don't want to begrudge them what they want to do, it's just that the things they are choosing to do are not interesting to me. Mamma Mia, the movie, didn't do much for me, but I would watch Hotel California, the movie, if they make it into one. Just out of curiosity.
    As far as we know it's a Broadway show, not a movie, at least not at this early stage of proceedings.