Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future Eagles Projects

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Future Eagles Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Who's We? I knew I was wasting my time providing the links.

Isn't this the band that destroy all their studio out takes? Have they worked on new songs knowing that they are destined for the incinerator. Producing new material has been purgatory for Eagles in the past, Joe's comment shows that they still have an appetite to produce new material, the question is whether or not they will release it.

I get the impression from Henley's recent comments that the Eagles could be over without new music to present but, of course, you never say never and hell has frozen over in the past.

I believe there is always an Eagles future while Irv is involved.
    You did not waste your time. I asked you for the links & thanked you for providing them. They did not change my opinion on whether there is 'new' material. See Dreamer's post above. However by 'we' I did mean the board in general.

As for the future of a band depending on the wishes of its manager... I don't see how this could be. If they no longer wish to work together it doesn't matter what Irving says.

Banned

Whether the Eagles work together in the future or not, will always be a grey area, not black or white. Irving has great powers of persuasion.
    It doesn't matter what his wishes are, it's his job to do what's best for the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    However by 'we' I did mean the board in general.
    Self elected spokesperson?

Border Troubadour

I certainly believe that Irving holds huge sway with the band and if he decided it would be good both from an economic and public relations perspective to get together and tour again then I think that any difficulties or qualms the guys might have would be sorted out.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Whether the Eagles work together in the future or not, will always be a grey area, not black or white. Irving has great powers of persuasion.
    It doesn't matter what his wishes are, it's his job to do what's best for the band.

NO, F50,OK? Give it a rest. People have used the word 'we' in this context many times before & nobody has complained.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I've been on internet boards where members have got into serious trouble for making comments like this. Directly criticising moderators is risky, and I believe that the moderators of this site - who have kept this forum running smoothly for nearly a decade now - deserve a little more respect than that. We would not be here if not for them and I am glad that they have given so much not only to the forum but also the extremely interesting and useful EOC sites. You don't have to agree with everything the moderators say, but when boards become overrun with people criticising each other, it all too often marks the end of sensible discussion.

On topic, I really don't know what's going to happen from here, but I don't expect to hear anything more until Don and Joe near the end of their present solo tours. An Eagles album would be a big undertaking as the name alone brings significant expectation of quality and I am sure they are as aware of this as anyone.

Stuck on the Border

He thinks the Eagles will do more touring as a group and they'll get together early next year to discuss that.
    http://www.countylinemagazine.com/No...o-Cass-County/

I think that Don may have been warned that he was sounding like he was done with the Eagles in recent interviews (at least as reported) as he's covered the positives of working with the band and playing the hits in the last two interviews I've read/heard.

As for the Azoff influence, as their manager, it's part of his job to come up with interesting proposals.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-29-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Nice interview! Good news about the Eagles possibly doing more touring!

Thanks, UtW!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Great article, UTW, but the only thing that worries me is Don then goes on to say,

“I intend to keep on writing songs and recording albums. The touring may come to a halt in a year or two, but I’ll continue to create music and recordings. I also intend to write my autobiography at some point, and maybe some poetry, but that’s a ways down the road, yet. I also intend to have a cornfield — a big one — like the ones my dad used to plant.”
    Sounds like the touring end is approaching for both him and the Eagles. But, given their ages, I wouldn't be surprised if an actual retirement is announced within that timeframe.

ETA: I can't wait to read his bio!
    Last edited by NOLA; 10-29-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border

Even when they stop touring, they may still play occasional shows or have a residency. He also uses the word "may" so maybe if they all remain in good health (and good voice), they will continue longer.

Border Troubadour

I'm determined to live in hope that I'll see Don solo one day so I'm hanging on to that 'may'
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...