Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Legends tv show.

Default Rock Legends tv show.

I saw this on facebook and I also checked out my guide. If you have the AXSTV channel, they will do an episode on the Eagles this Wednesday at 9:30pm Eastern/8:30pm. Its a brand new episode.

I wonder how they're going to fit everything into 30 minutes. They will probably talked about Glenn's passing.

I don't know if they will talk to the guys or its just a straight special with a few interviews from their friends and colleagues. I don't know how the tv show Rock Legend do their special. I might have to watch a few episodes to see how they do it.

If you can't watch on Wednesday, it will be on on Thursday @ 2:30am, 8:00am, 12:00pm, and 6:30pm(these are Eastern times). Also on Sunday at 10:30pm(again eastern time)
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-04-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Default Re: Rock Legends tv show.

I've seen the one on Fleetwood Mac. IIRC, it's mostly interviews from rock journalists and they were mostly British in the episode I watched. If they do show the guys, it would probably be archival footage, but let's wait and see. They showed music videos for FM, but I know that the Eagles only had promo videos for The Long Run. It's mostly like a brief history of a band, since that's what they did for FM from 1960s to now. They talked about the sales and cultural impact of their music and they criticize it a little.

Thanks for sharing Shun!

Thanks for the heads up, Shun! It's about time! Now our guys need to be on "The Big Interview", with Glenn on their "Legends Lost" program.(Also on AXSTV, hosted by Dan Rather).
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've seen a couple episodes before and AXSTV is a channel my Dad watches frequently. Was wondering when they were going to do an Eagles one. Will totally watch tomorrow.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the tip, shun! I will try to catch it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, that was a disappointment! We could start a new game, playing "Who can count the most errors"! Easily found info was reported all wrong. It really didn't come off like they were trying to slant the story, just very lazy! It was the sort of report you would make if you had heard their story once, a long time ago, and got everything mixed up by the time you went to write it!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I wish I had access to all those TV stations - Sorry it wasn't as good as you hoped it would be FF
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I recorded it, but haven't had time to watch. Maybe I won't bother!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, GA. I think the most glaring mistake was saying that Glenn was in Longbranch Pennywhistle with Bob Seger! They even showed a photo of Glenn and JD Souther while saying it! Don't rock critics know what Bob Seger looks like? Many, crazy mistakes.

I agree with FreyFollower. I just watched this today, and they did make that error with Longbranch Pennywhistle. I'm not sure about any other errors, since I don't have Eagles facts off the top of my head. It definitely pales in comparison to HOTE. I guess it's ok if you don't have time to watch all 3 hours of HOTE again, but I think you're better off reading the Wikipedia article on them or just use EOC, instead of watching this or feeling like you missed out in any way.